N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Willd0g's Orange ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
willdog

Willd0g's Orange ET

Post by willdog »

Name: Will
Year/ Model: '84 Pulsar ET Turbo
Colour: Orange
Period of ownership: 1 year

Performance: Untested, T2 at 7-10 PSI

Engine Mods: AFM Relocation, FMIC, Standard Dump to 2.5" Exhaust to Cannon muffler, BOV, CAI, VL Throttle body, Manual boost controller.
Has been rebuilt to unknown specifications, however do know it has an O-ringed block & 1mm copperhead gasket combined with a more agressive cam.

Interior Mods: Proform shift light, BES turbo timer, Speco Boost Guage, Autotechnica steering wheel, thermo fan switch, central locking & immobiliser
Previous owner put in new carpet, and the owner before him has changed over the beige trim (dash etc) to black.

Exterior Mods: Jetspeed front bar

Wheels: BSA 17" Rims

Other: Dual stage boost controller missle switch not connected, Jaycar DFA not connected, 5th injector incorporated into the intecooler kit not connected (located just before the TB in picture below), port matched intake and exhaust manifolds not connected.

Future Plans: Stck on the t25g, additional guages: A/F and Oil pressure, maybe aftermarket ecu, boost and tune. Wouldn't mind tidying up the wiring loom in the engine bay and relocate battery to boot.

Pics:

Have learnt a lot about working on cars since owning and working on the ET. Feel confindent to tackle future projects. Unfortunately this is my third engine. Am hoping to keep this one haha. Always learning from my mistakes. First engine, i blew the headgasket after suffering a combination of an engine oil flush (dislodged shit in the engine that was probably helping seal areas) and a massive overheat. Second engine, downgeared into second gear to floor it, and blew the comp ring in cylinder 4. Believed it was due a massive lean out and detonation as a result. Too much boost, not enough fuel. Continued to run on 3 cylinders until i took that out and dropped in my current motor. Not keen on boosting it as i suspect my boost guage may be inaccurate!
EXAMADNESS

Post by EXAMADNESS »

Looks great, the engine bay look realy nice. I just prefer the stock front bar with the original et front spoiler. but its your car and if you like it, it looks just fine :wink:

Cheerz :D
Mazda FE powered 2.0 16v N12 exa : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6592
Mazda 2.5 v6 KLDE into Nissan Exa "project" : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7442
mad_cow521

Post by mad_cow521 »

i love it. very nice. cant fault it, it looks neat as! love it mate, very nice
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Looks great! 8)
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

thats not Kevin's/ACDC-5's old ET is it? Shane86, is it your bro's old one?
willdog

Post by willdog »

mad_cow521 wrote:i love it. very nice. cant fault it, it looks neat as! love it mate, very nice
oO believe me...there are plenty of faults with this cAR!
Bodywork/Exterior:
I mostly have an issue with some body panels not lining up. So i gotta get them regapped. Under the car where the lifting points are (to raise with a jack), is simply bent, and will bend further if the car is lifted from there since the material has become so old and weak. Rust in bootlid which needs replacing with a new bootlid from my spare car.

Under the hood/Engine/Gearbox:
Replaced the engine with a sweet one. Now i gotta write up a statutory decleration saying where i bought it from. Needs a new clutch and washer
motor. Would like to replace all hoses with new.

Interior:
Roof lining sagging a little...and still beige! Need the alarm system looked at since its playing up.

Screw it i should be happy it runs hahaha
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

willdog wrote:Replaced the engine with a sweet one. Now i gotta write up a statutory decleration saying where i bought it from.
Yeah?

Hopefully I won't have to go through that hassle since my engine's already been in a car registered to me...
n12sumfin

k

Post by n12sumfin »

looks tight :)
BADET-4

Post by BADET-4 »

Nice ride man, Definately needs some side skirts!!!! Would look sick with the jetspeed bar

Passhole (păs'hōl') The person who has been driving slowly for ages but speeds up the moment one tries to get ahead of him.
Sarchasm (sär'kăz'əm) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.
Ignoranus (ĭg'nə-rā'nəs) A person who is both stupid and an arsehole.