N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

yoh ! The new chinese kid !

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
mercury

yoh ! The new chinese kid !

Post by mercury »

driving a 12 EXA ,

using 1500 cc block with carb ,

weight reduction is the best thing !!
looking for good suspension !!
please gimme some tips !!

how much to get it here ? coz i'am from malaysia ~

gonna have a diploma for art too !
feel free to talk bout cars and art ~
EXAMADNESS

Mercury

Post by EXAMADNESS »

You have a E15s carb motor in, why do you want good suspension, i doudt you're gona be driving 200km/h with it.

I say stick with the stock suspension, just get new shocks and good quality springs all round. Maby get some lowering springs, there's alot of good ones out there, then you're good to go, until you decide to drop in a FE3 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Just to let you know, i know nothing about art :oops: "sorry", congrats on the diploma tho. :wink:

Post some pics of your car :idea:

Cheerz!!!
RZ...
Mazda FE powered 2.0 16v N12 exa : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6592
Mazda 2.5 v6 KLDE into Nissan Exa "project" : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7442
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Post some pics, mate : )

Weight reduction is great, but there's not a hell of a lot you can do with these things except replace the front seats for racing ones and piff the aircon if any; other mods are only a kilogram here and a kilogram there. They're pretty bloody light already. An easy way of getting rid of a couple of kilos where it matters is to use the smallest battery you can get away with. Mine was trouble-free (it could play the stereo flat-out for hours and start fine) with a battery only about 22x25x12cm big, so you could prolly go smaller again. Our little engine with low static compression is a piece of piss to crank over, but come to think of it, yours is NA... get an E15ET FTW ; )

If you wanna rebuild your car from the ground up, there's prolly a bit of spare wire in your loom you could live without, and you could save a few kilos by making a custom dash... beyond that you're talking hardcore stuff like stripping deadener, carbon bonnet and all that jazz.

Unfortunately the nice alloy struts you see on some cars don't seem to be available anymore : (
First thing I'd do to my suspension is urethane (I think the brand name's Nolathane) bushes and proper dampers; worry about springs when you wanna stick some big wheels on. Also, check the articles for the Magna front brake conversion; nice and easy by the looks, and then you need at least 15" wheels to clear em : )

As for art, maybe you can call your car an art project and kill two birds with one stone ; )
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

I think there are some coilovers left

http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=5566

C
ching_84

Post by ching_84 »

Hi mercury,

I`m from Malaysia too. Which part of M`sia u live?

N12 EXA are very rare in M`sia compare to N12 sedan or hatchback.
For the suspension system, u can get lowered spring with OE shocks or some coil over (i think N12 and B11 has similar suspension system). U can find some coil over locally for example: GAB, HWL , HotBits ,etc...

BTW post some pic of your ride :)
mercury

hmm

Post by mercury »

ah , yes i will when i got the time
not so keen of taking pic of it < coz its mine !!! > muahaha

erm quite bumpy the suspension now ,
so would like to change it

i still have the turbo motor , maybe i will make myself a carburetor turbo one day ,
carb is more err alive ? haha