N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

CONGERS N12 EXA, long distance purchase

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
congers87@hotmail.com

CONGERS N12 EXA, long distance purchase

Post by congers87@hotmail.com »

Hey all. The exa plan is running ahead of schedule. While in Italy I spotted a gem in the N12 classifies. Got my old man to check it out. $800 later and I have an n12 exa towed to my parents. A steal. Old man said it was straight as and in great, factory condition apart from the usual 26 year old curses. I cant wait to get my hands on it when I get home from os on christmas day!!!!!

Name: Chris Congdon
Year/ Model: 1983 EXA
Colour: red/maroon
Period of ownership: arrives tommorrow

Performance: pod..............lol

Engine Mods: unmolestered

Interior Mods: unmolestered

Exterior Mods: unmolestered

Wheels: ET mags

Other: none that i know of

Future Plans: all the usual mods. This is my second build so this time doing everything right. This is going to be a very neat factory looking exa with enough go to have some fun. When all is said and done want to acheive 130-150 kwatw. Sorry these photos are all I have so far. From the classified section

Pics: Image

photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Nice buy. Im diggin the louvre!
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Yeah, the louvres look surprisingly good... not that they'd do much on such a vertical window. So from a functional perspective they're a bit silly...

Looks like at least around 250,000km on the clock, judging from the seats
congers87@hotmail.com

Looks like at least around 250,000km on the clock, judging from the seats

Lol......Maybe more accurate than the odometer.
I havent even seen the odometer and my dad made no mention of the k's. Dont really care though. It will have its rebuild soon enough and it shouldn't have been raped all its life seeing it's stock?????????? Yeah I thought about putting a poll up for the louvers. I pulled em off my old N13 cause they made me look senile and 78 yo. I dont mind it on the N12 though. We will see.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Stop by South Africa on your way home and pick up some Langley tail lights.
congers87@hotmail.com

The only photo I can find ATM of my old exa, "the late UBJ-572" RIP

Nothing exciting. It's now safe and sound at my house waiting for some TLC. By the sounds of things it didnt like driving into the drive. It's usually something stupid and simple with these things. Lets hope.
Mortein kills 99% of household bugs. Chuck Norris kills 100% of whatever the fuck he likes.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Like the time I got my car towed, and it was just out of fuel.

: / : / : /
aubrey

Post by aubrey »

any up dates ??
congers87@hotmail.com

I promise upload heaven tomorrow. Since I've been back it's been slow going. When I got home I found the car to be in worse condition than dad mentioned. It didn't drive. But knowing the common issues with N12's a couple of wriggles with the loom, a working AFM and a few vacuum leaks repaired the kent. I kicked it in the guts and presto. Not bad for $800. I had all the shit laying around from the last build to patch this one up.

To date I have:
intercooled it.
rebuilt the T2/T25 hybrid?? With an ebay rebuild kit and a balance at the turbo shop
VL TB
Relocated AFM
Replaced cracked dash!
Service and typical bullshit

Waiting in the wings are the rebuilt S2 brakes, 15"mags (got heaps of tread left on the current wheels) that can be fixed..lol, also a T28 to rebuild, I prepped and sprayed a new RH door as the other one looked like it lost a battle with 5 grannies and their trolleys. Also have an unripped LHS seat and will cannibalise the shit one to fix the RHS one. hmmmmm. Also just bought a spare engine to build in the shed. It has shiny as 50 thou oversized pistons sitting in it. I don't know the blocks history but hoping theres nothing nasty lurking inside. Will find out when I pull the fucker apart. Also got a schmick 15m head and a N/A head. It was $120 for the bottom end and 2 heads. I thought that was allright. Next step......compression test and then work out where to spend the money. I need this thing running for work. Porting and prepping the new head. Prob get slim thermos next so I can fit the front mount where I want it. Ohhhh and the standard bought a new car so lets get a new stereo treatment. Pics tomorrow. And Ill think of more shit by then.

Regards,
Congers
Mortein kills 99% of household bugs. Chuck Norris kills 100% of whatever the fuck he likes.
congers87@hotmail.com

No particular order. Just some proof of progress. Favourite is my DIY turbo rebuild. Nice and cleaaaan. And my Boost gauge install. It's a speco. Simple, black, plain and older looking. Just what I wanted. This baby's gonna be a plain jane with good paint, some nice 15" rims and generous serves of KW's. No molestering.
congers87@hotmail.com

My old puppy.

Also many things you see in the above photos aren't permanent. the IC and piping is dogshit but does the job. Was the right price though thanks BAD-ET. It will definately look a lot tidier and better built in the next 6months. Just needs to get me 2 and from my places of work.
congers87@hotmail.com

Sooooo. My exa was totaled. The nissan navara won the battle. The owner gave me $900 for the car which was more than I paid for it in the first place. However one happened to pop up in the trader at just the right time. I now own a mint 1985 silver series 2 Exa. No ripped seats, no cracked dashes, no cracked windows, shiny duco, un molested. It is schmick. Photos when I put rims on it on the weekend. I got half a kilo of invoices showing all the work done to it. Some little old lady cotton wooled it. Anyway I've been MIA for a little bit but this new car has removed a lot of gay jobs I had to do to my old exa. i.e. interior and body. Im gonna rip of all the good shit from the fucked exa and then scrap the rest. Any enquiries for bits welcomed. So watch this space. Some good shit on the horizon.

Congers
EXAMADNESS

Post by EXAMADNESS »

Hey the exa sounds very nice, bad and good news all in 1 :lol:

Can't wait to see some pics :wink:
Mazda FE powered 2.0 16v N12 exa : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6592
Mazda 2.5 v6 KLDE into Nissan Exa "project" : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7442
congers87@hotmail.com

Few picys of the beastie. Been a while. Slow progres but progres none the less. I got it from an older lady. Meticulously maintained. I have been buying a heap of goodies and doing a few bits and pieces on the car. It will all come together over the next few months. Even bought a mig wilder to fix up some bodywork. Heres some picys anywho. More over next couple months. Holidays fuck yeah!

550 wide cooler. Should fit snug without chopping front bar
Bought the LT8 of a forum member. With base tune. Have a dongle and P3 laptop so i can tune on the fly. (Once I get a wideband $$$$)
Dexis old 3" dump
rebuilt T25 by me
after the mags and lowering
DIY hot bath. Use a stereo magnet to catch the filings floating around
stockie

MORE COMING SOON!
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

I could spot that dump from a line up of 1000! hope it treats you well

Good find on the New one. Good luck with the work.

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348