N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

N12sumfin Track Thrash Hack Project

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.

What Kind of Direction Should the car Take?

AWD sr20det Gtir Conversion
48%
AWD 4g63 Evo Conversion
10%
e15et with Awd gtir Gearbox
43%

Total votes: 21

n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

nah not 2 e15et's, thats way too much work, for end result.

i think its just going to be time consuming and what made me lean this way is the pics from photoglossy's thread there is pretty much nothing under the rear end of these cars and the suspension design can only be made better so why not have a go i suppose.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

If you want my 4wd E15 G-box then all you need to do is put down a deposit.

I'm being stuffed around a little at the moment and its basically the first person to put down a deposit gets it and everything that goes with it!

PM me if you are interested

So my vote it to stick with he E15 and have an E15 4WD box. A lot less messing around :)
n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

nah it would be the limiting part in the exercise to go a e15 awd gearbox, i have a spare e15 bell housing here on a box i am going to get welded onto a gtir gearbox bellhousing, that way i can get a decent gearset and aftermarket support :)
e15et2002

Post by e15et2002 »

SR20 GTiR 8) Keep it in the Nissan family :)
'84 ET Pulsar
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Mmmmmm..... very interesting project dude but sounds like a woftam to me.
I think id rather start with something awd to begin with if thats the way you want to go. Nissan already have one of those and they are cheap enough.
However, to each his own.

There is no choice there but if i was going to spend up gobs of time, id rather rear mount the stock E15et engine /transmission. McPherson strut rear suspension, Fuel tank in the front.

Make a mean lightweight toy on the street, track and strip.
My 2 bobs.
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

your probably right i change my mind alot of how to do things so for starters i will get it running and stripped then work on the extras. started on the sound deadening its freakin annoying.
sleeper_et

Post by sleeper_et »

Dry ice is your friend. Use that and you can do the whole floor in about 2 hours
n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

got a good price on a avenir halfcut only problem is its auto :( but i was thinking meh why not be different so i am going to use it until it breaks. i suppose then go manual or rebuild for some serious power.

On a side note i just noticed how lacking the n12's are for crossmembers in the front awsome for a bulky transmission and transfer case and i can even sit it lower to avoid the steering :)
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Not so great for handling, I bet... I'd love to stick a video camera under there and see what happens to those A-arm mounts under heavy braking...
n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

true but who needs steering on a car that goes hopefully in a straight line?
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Some of us like to turn corners now and then...
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Corners are the fun part :) It takes a lot more work/skill to go around a corner.

But then, each to their own
n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

7 out of the 8 sound deadening areas are removed, 1 to go.
n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

floor pan has taken an absolute beating from being too low lol, going to have to wait until its on a hoist before being able to completely tell.

sound deadener is removed to the point of no more large pieces just need to wait until a dryer day and will hit it with a wire brush and wax and grease remover to get rid of the residue/ small fragments.

almost all of the holes in the floor pan to allow water run off were blocked by the sound shit so there is surface rust along the grooves everywhere, grr.

on a side note the removal of that probably saved at least 10kgs maybe more, didnt realise how heavy that shit is.

also does anybody know what to do about a strip of some type of glue running the length of the floor pan/firewall on the join, i have removed sections of it as the deadener was stuck to it and in doing so can actually see the metal underneath.

pics to follow.
baz

Post by baz »

I have not read anything on this topic but I see your 3 options, Go the sr :D
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute