N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

N12sumfin Track Thrash Hack Project

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.

What Kind of Direction Should the car Take?

AWD sr20det Gtir Conversion
48%
AWD 4g63 Evo Conversion
10%
e15et with Awd gtir Gearbox
43%

Total votes: 21

Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

n12sumfin wrote:also does anybody know what to do about a strip of some type of glue running the length of the floor pan/firewall on the join, i have removed sections of it as the deadener was stuck to it and in doing so can actually see the metal underneath.
You mean the shit you see here and there squeezed out from between adjacent parts of the chassis?

They put that on before the paint, so when it comes off there's bare metal underneath. Any of it that can come off isn't meant to be doing anything anyway.

What do you want to do about it? I'd just trim off the excess glue if I could be bothered. I guess if you manage to take some out of the joint itself you can replace it with paintable silicone or something.
n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

yeah i thought it would be more of a sealant than anything i am going to trim it back and then just re-apply in small even amounts.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Heh... once I got a gap gun going I'd prolly go nuts making it hosable...
n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

random photos

Image this one is after the removal of deadener and painted matt black kill rust
n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

90% floor done, swept out the car and will finish painting the interior when i get some more paint, i cant believe there is soo much too do, going to see if i can get some welding done in a few areas then remove the engine, stripp it of all the useless crap and rewire the whole lot using my new loom and hopefully when thats done install a aftermarket computer :) to start it, on a side note i have had the car for months and never driven it :(
n12sumfin

yep

Post by n12sumfin »

painting is done, it rained few days ago and there was patches of rain trapped on the floor so i think if the seals on the doors arnt gone i am going to have to check for holes in the roof, has anybody come across that at all? are the seals still available to buy?
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Re: yep

Post by 15exa »

n12sumfin wrote:painting is done, it rained few days ago and there was patches of rain trapped on the floor so i think if the seals on the doors arnt gone i am going to have to check for holes in the roof, has anybody come across that at all? are the seals still available to buy?
check the weather strip along the bottom of the front windows also, if they are shagged and you have no door trims on, water will fall straight through onto the floor..... i have that problem with mine when i wash it or it rains
n12sumfin

Post by n12sumfin »

cool i will check it out, and started on running the wiring loom back into the car.
n12sumfin

k

Post by n12sumfin »

okay loom is a no go atm, all the plug between exa and et are different, i dont really want to go through and rewire the complete new loom so i might sell if i get a decent offer meanwhile trying to get a hot rod loom and wire everything that i need only, on a small note i got a awsome 3 piece wing and skirts for the car for $30 :)
Callumgw

Re: k

Post by Callumgw »

n12sumfin wrote:okay loom is a no go atm, all the plug between exa and et are different,
mm, the only change I was aware of was when they changed the plugs about 85-ish, they went on to these grey hitachi things if I recall. but even then I was pretty sure ET and exa were the same.

C
n12sumfin

k

Post by n12sumfin »

will take photos tonight to compare
spudley

Post by spudley »

n12sumfin, is ur name david by chance that used to own a back with red sparkle targa top exa?

cheers,
spud.
Cheers,
Spudley

I DON'T RACE COMMODORES...
THERES NO GLORY IN BEATING THE RETARDED.
sgs

Post by sgs »

i did spot a AWD gear box on trade me a while back to fit an e15 tpye engine, i suppose its useless telling you now but they wanted about $400 for it

box, diff, drive shafts etc.
japcrap

Post by japcrap »

sgs wrote:i did spot a AWD gear box on trade me a while back to fit an e15 tpye engine, i suppose its useless telling you now but they wanted about $400 for it

box, diff, drive shafts etc.

I'm pretty sure that would be photoglossy's setup
Nature makes only dumb animals. We owe the fools to society.
n12sumfin

kk

Post by n12sumfin »

spudley wrote:n12sumfin, is ur name david by chance that used to own a back with red sparkle targa top exa?

cheers,
spud.
is a mate of mine