N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

my killer et

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
tim

Post by tim »

mods that i have done are
big garret turbo running 9.5psi
r32 gtst intercooler
gfb bov stage 2
boost controller
2.5 sports exhaust system 1 muffler
drift pod
drift oil filter

new gear box
ceramic hevay duty clutch

ill add more next time body work and interior
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Question. With only 9.5psi you may as well be running a T25. If you're not gonna boost it over that then the only thing you get from giving it a larger turbo is lag! A T25 is well in its efficiency range at 9.5.

What turbo are we talking here? Last time i checked Garrett didn't make a turbo named 'big' haha
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

photoglossy wrote:What turbo are we talking here? Last time i checked Garrett didn't make a turbo named 'big' haha

Mike. keep up with the times bro. they do make a turbo called big! it's other name is GT6041. :D
martin

Post by martin »

Ash wrote:
photoglossy wrote:What turbo are we talking here? Last time i checked Garrett didn't make a turbo named 'big' haha

Mike. keep up with the times bro. they do make a turbo called big! it's other name is GT6041. :D
:lol: :lol: yes it's big but I think that e15et will never make a 9.5psi boost with this turbo :lol: :lol:
14.7++psi
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

martin wrote:
Ash wrote:

:lol: :lol: yes it's big but I think that e15et will never make a 9.5psi boost with this turbo :lol: :lol:

might at 9000rpm :lol:
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

:lol: :lol: yes it's big but I think that e15et will never make a 9.5psi boost with this turbo :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Why, what am I missing as someone who knows very little about these turbos. The t02 can do 9.5 and it's not big, what's the difference here.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

The T2 can spool up 9.5psi no problem, but the E15ET doesn't have enough puff to get the GT6041 they are talking about to spool anything up
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Thanks, now I get it, gotta ask the dumb questions when they arise.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

photoglossy wrote:The T2 can spool up 9.5psi no problem, but the E15ET doesn't have enough puff to get the GT6041 they are talking about to spool anything up
and that is why god created Nitrous Oxide! :D
tim

Post by tim »

photoglossy wrote:Question. With only 9.5psi you may as well be running a T25. If you're not gonna boost it over that then the only thing you get from giving it a larger turbo is lag! A T25 is well in its efficiency range at 9.5.

What turbo are we talking here? Last time i checked Garrett didn't make a turbo named 'big' haha
all i no is it saids m24 on it a it ball bearing its water,oil and air cooled i think it rates around 350,400hp
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

tim wrote:its water,oil and air cooled
What, it has fins? : p

Seriously mate, you'd do well to stick a smaller turbs on by the sound of it.
Damo

Post by Damo »

tim wrote:
Damo wrote:Your standard reg, pump, injectors and filter is good for 120-130kw, from 12-14psi.

Damo
the bloke that dynod it said that if he boosts it past 9.5 with out getting more fuel it could kill the motor

Rodger!

Ok, one of a couple of senarios here:

Guy doing the tuning is full of shit!

Your/his boost guage is in accurate.

Your fuel pump is kaput.

Your fuel pressure reg isn't working.

Your injectors have been swapped for some Nissan Micra jobs.

His dyno under-reads by 40%.

You have magicly scored a 2ltr stroker kit.

Or, your tuner is full of shit! and is trying to get you to buy stuff (off him I assume, as he co-incidently has what you need) for a great price!

Either way, let him know in no uncertain circumstance that the STOCK fueling gear on any of the E15ET's is capable of 1.1ltrs/min @ 36psi, which if he is switched on will realize is more than enough for 130fwkw.

If he still blows you off, then offers a set of Fully Sick VL turbo injectors, walk away.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Yeah, generally accepted wisdom around here is the standard fuel system is good for anything under 15psi