N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Sash's ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
SashET

Post by SashET »

Thanks for the compliments boys.
etking wrote:where does the other end of your idle compensator plug into?
If you look closely at a the pics above, you'll see a brass nipple hanging out the bottom of the "S" pipe that connects the cooler the the t/b.

The other end connects to that. As you will see, its not connected at the moment.

Next to that is my air temp sensor.

Cheers
Sash
etking

Post by etking »

ah yep got it, just couldnt see the where the hose was, very neat indeed =)
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
SashET

Post by SashET »

etking wrote:ah yep got it, just couldnt see the where the hose was, very neat indeed =)
Yep, thanks;

Cheers
Sash
kid nismo

Post by kid nismo »

damn, your almost done. great work Sash!
I still thinking about my front mount.... :(
SashET

Post by SashET »

kid nismo wrote:damn, your almost done. great work Sash!
I still thinking about my front mount.... :(
Thanks mate, I gave up on front mounts, no place for a front mount (76mm thick) + the air cond. condenser.

I'm a bit of a porky fellow so I like my air cond. rather than sweating like a demon!

Cheers
Sash
etking

Post by etking »

great work sash = ) will post up my set up when its tidied up shortly, just got the jap spec in!
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
kid nismo

Re: Sash's ET

Post by kid nismo »

SashET wrote: My soon to be installed catch can!

Cheer's
Sash
yo Sash, did you install the catch can yet?

cheers
SashET

Post by SashET »

No, I'm thinking of making a smaller one to fit somewhere over the inlet manifold runners (where the original idle valve used to live). This one is a little too big for that spot.

Anyone wanna buy it? Its 316 stainless, has all the holes ready to go, has a baffle inside it so you can fill it up with steel wool, has a removable lid so you can check the oil level and it even has a drain one the bottom so you can get all the oil out.

Cheers
Sash
SashET

Post by SashET »

Bit of an update;

I haven't done much except rip the windscreen out and start cleaning up the rust around the windscreen before getting a new one put in.

I've had this shitty windscreen leak for a while now and it really pisses me off. Under heavy rain, the you'll get drops of water falling all over the gear stick area.

Knowing that it will get a respray sooner or later, I'm not too fussed on how it will look in the meantime, I just dont want leaks and shitty rust attacking the car further.

After smashing the windscreen to bits (there is no other way, these fukers are glued in well and truely), I've started to clean the area before I rust convert it, fish oil it, prime it and paint it.

And this is the bit on the roof I need to cut out and weld in a new piece.

I've made a mess, but it'll get there sooner or later.

On a much darker note, I'm heading off to Macedonia (Europe) this afternoon to be with my grandfather who is probably on his death bed. I hope I get there quick enough to see him one last time.

I won't really be on much over the next two weeks unless I get to an internet cafe or something. See you all then.

Cheers
Sash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

SashET wrote:Well here's the latest folks;
All intercooler piping (except for one weld, hence the black tape) is all complete. Once I get this last weld completed, I can clean up the welds like I did on the bigger pipe.
I took it for a spin today and at 10psi, it didnt get past 29 degrees C.
Umm.. Ive only just stumbled onto this water / air cooler install. Very nice bit of gear and install.

Anyway I hate to rain on your very impressive looking parade here but, ever the devils advocate, there is a fundamental issue with your piping design M8. I think I can predict a failure sooner rather than later.

IMHO, basically you have the TB\cooler piping to "rigid" or not enough flexion and wont allow enough rotation of the engine on hard power/power off.
ANY of your engine rotation, (even if fitted with solid mounts) is being taken up in shear only by those natty looking silicone adapters on that cooler/TB pipe.

I think you might find after a time, you might either shear the silicone joints or worse, possibly crack/break the hose adapters right off the cooler housing.

Either way i think you should try to allow for some more movement in your piping M8.
It will mean a less trick looking arrangement with at least one extra silicone joint and some clamps but I can guarantee a much more reliable setup in the long term.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
SashET

Post by SashET »

Hey E,

The TB/Cooler needs more flex I admit but to cut it in half and join it up with more silicon joiners I wont be doing. It looks far to trick as is!

I will however be getting new silicon (longer bits) joiners and shortening the piping on both ends (TB and Cooler). This will be enough to suck up any engine flex. Those joiners between the TB/Cooler used to be one piece on the T/B only. I didn't have time to buy another longer one and wanted to sort the piping out so I cut it in half and used each piece on both ends. That's why they look so small, because they are!

If you look closely, the intercooler mounting to the engine bay also has rubber rings that alow the intercooler to move too. It moves a fair bit.

Cheer
Sash
SashET

Post by SashET »

UPDATE;

Well, some much needed work on the car was done over the last couple of weeks in dribs and drabs.

I finally got the front springs replaced (after some mishaps with the top strut cover). The car sits much better at the front now.

I also changed the clutch, flywheel and gearbox input shaft seal over as well as re-gasketing (locktight 515) the gearbox housing which was leaking a little in the past.

After fitting all this I quickly put everything back on that I needed to get me around the block and I took the little fuker for a spin to get the clutch adjusted as best I could. Boy........ was I in for a surprise.

I took off in first gear, planted it, the car hit about 6-8psi and the fucking thing just span the wheels and took off like a rocket!!!

This put the biggest smile on my face I have ever had....... with this car anyway.

In the years I've owned, fucked around and molested this car, I have never felt it go like this. It's insane. Its at 10psi now, on the dot. The MT8 will retard the timing anything past that but I wont even go there for the time being. I can only imagine what 15 or 18psi feels like...........

For some of you that have known me on this forum for a while and have read my many posts, they might remember my threads wondering why my car felt like it had no torque or was a bit gutless or even why I only got 55KW when I dynoed the car after the microtech install. Now I know why, the clutch and flywheel. See pics below of the flywheel I pulled out of it!

Fuked huh!

Ohh well, I'm very very happy with the results!!! YAY

PS: Sorry for the long post but I just had to tell everyone about this.

Cheers
Sash
kid nismo

Post by kid nismo »

far too many double clutching lol
good to see new post on your member page.
how's the roof resto going?
SashET

Post by SashET »

Roof...... hmmmmm

Not too good, I've left it like that. I'll get the panel beater to sort it out when I respray the whole thing.

Cheers
Sash
kid nismo

Post by kid nismo »

damn, and i was looking forward to your roof resto.
panel beaters for some reason dont wanna touch my car lol.

yeah i've got some small bubbles brewing on the roof myself.

i wanna cut in shut it one day..... :roll: