N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Sash's ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Hey Sash. Not that it matters much I suppose but that flat bit with the bolt holes on the inlet manifold is where the cold idle thingy goes. It's clearly visible in the second photo.
Mods
T28 @ 18 PSI, Jap Inlet Manifold, VL TB, MSD Ignition, Supra Cooler, 3" Dump and 3" Exhaust, Coolingmist Water Injection, AMG Mags, Koni Adjustables, Whiteline Rear Swaybar, CMS Brake Rotors, Stage 2 Cam, 5th Injector
SashET

Post by SashET »

Paul Smith wrote:Hey Sash. Not that it matters much I suppose but that flat bit with the bolt holes on the inlet manifold is where the cold idle thingy goes. It's clearly visible in the second photo.
This area you mean?

I've seen other jap spec inlets use this spot but I think it looks neater where it is. I plan to put an alloy blocking plate on that, not that it needs it.

Cheers
Sash
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Yeah, that's it.
Mods
T28 @ 18 PSI, Jap Inlet Manifold, VL TB, MSD Ignition, Supra Cooler, 3" Dump and 3" Exhaust, Coolingmist Water Injection, AMG Mags, Koni Adjustables, Whiteline Rear Swaybar, CMS Brake Rotors, Stage 2 Cam, 5th Injector
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

So...what's happening? Got any more work done?
Mods
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Hey Sash, did you buy your car from a guy in Beaumaris? My mate Richard had one the same colour with bonnet scoops.

Is your car all finished? It would be good to see you on the cruise next month.

Cheers mate,

Stuart
SashET

Post by SashET »

Stuart wrote:Hey Sash, did you buy your car from a guy in Beaumaris? My mate Richard had one the same colour with bonnet scoops.

Is your car all finished? It would be good to see you on the cruise next month.

Cheers mate,

Stuart
Yep, thats exactly where I bought it from........

It was a bit worse off when I first got it as you can see from the pics at the start but its getting there.

Car's not fully finished, maybe needs a couple of days at it and it should be sweet, then it needs a tune.....badly!

I'll try and make the cruise next month. I have not been to one yet so I'll definitly try and make it.

Cheers
Sash
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Yeah he drove that car pretty hard. I wouldn't be surprised if it was trashed. He has a XF ute that he has put a EL injected motor in now.

Keep an eye on the cruise thread for updates. I want to get it organised real soon.

-Stu
SashET

Post by SashET »

Stuart wrote:Yeah he drove that car pretty hard. I wouldn't be surprised if it was trashed. He has a XF ute that he has put a EL injected motor in now.

Keep an eye on the cruise thread for updates. I want to get it organised real soon.

-Stu
Yeah, the engine was fucked that came with it, so was most of the ad-hoc shit he did to it like the lowered suspension (home made cut springs etc.)....... thats why I got it cheap ($1k)...

Since then I've slowly brought it back to life. It's starting to look a little more decent now inside and out (especially under the hood).

Cheers
Sash
SashET

Post by SashET »

Well, I finally had a chance to put most of the crap back into my car today and take it for a spin......

The dump pipe I had made has made a nice improvement to the noise of the spooling up and it feels like its spooling a little easier.

The VL idle valve sems to be doing its job with the startup requiring no throttle pedal action to keep it alive till its warmed up.

The new front springs, shocks and driveshafts are performing great, no funny noises coming from there at all! I'm very happy with this.

There's only some minor things to fix (like interior door cards and a dyno tune) before its ready for daily driving. I like!

The only thing still shitting me is that the front ends still sits up very high like before...... there was no change once driving it. I think its got something to do with these little thingies on the sway bar sticking up so high...... anyone have any thoughts on this? See pics below;

Cheers
Sash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

No It dont M8. Dun mean a crap.

The springs are just too long.

Either replace them (yay) or cut them (eeeyew)

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
SashET

Post by SashET »

tassuperkart wrote:No It dont M8. Dun mean a crap.

The springs are just too long.

Either replace them (yay) or cut them (eeeyew)

L8tr
E
Hmmmmm, they are the factory springs but they seem to sit a little too high. Oh well, fuk 'em, I'll worry about what it all looks like after its all running well. Besides, I like the way it handles the bumps now, so much more enjoyable to drive.

Cheers
Sash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Onya M8 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
SashET

Post by SashET »

Just a quick update;

I've finally had her dynoed and she's goes like stick after 3000rpm.....

The only thing left to tune is the cold start crap which wasn't done at all or wasnt done properly.....

I've made a new wastegate bracket off the comp cover and bought a new wastegate actuator for it too..... all good!

She also finally got herself an engine degrease yesterday so she's looking nice and clean!

Cheers
Sash
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

SashET wrote:Ohh yeah, SOHC.....lol

I was thinking of just getting a 'NISSAN' on made up for it.

I'll live with it for the time being tho.....

Cheers
Sash
The N13 Pulsar steering wheel has Nissan written across the horn button
[center]
1 year on since the Exa Turbo and now I am driving a modded Daihatsu Cuore with 1 less cylinder but 4 more valves!
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Hey Sash,
I was thinking of making a new pipe for the compressor inlet (t25) where'd you get the flange from for yours?

C