N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Sash's ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
SashET

Sash's ET

Post by SashET »

Name: Sash
Year/ Model: 1986, Pulsar ET Turbo
Colour: Burgandy
Period of ownership: 2 Years

Performance: Not there yet!

Engine Mods:

- T25g Turbo with a T25 Exhaust Housing
- Microtech MT8
- Pod Filter
- Subaru Liberty Water to Air Intercooler
- Custom 2" & 2.5" Stainless Cooler Pipes
- 3" Dump Pipe with a 2 & 1/4 Exhaust + Cannon
- 10 Psi
- RB30 VL Throttle Body
- RB30 VL Idle Valve

Interior Mods:

- Boost Gauge
- Remote Keyless Entry
- 7" TFT Screen
- Microtech Hand Controller
- Seat Covers
- Battery Relocated to the boot.
- Aftermarket Pedals

Exterior Mods:

Bugger all, trying to get it back to stock looking on the outside.

Wheels: Standard ET Rims, repainted.

Other: Hmmm.....

Future Plans: Respray, Get Cooler working with Pump & Radiator, drive as daily after fixing water leak in windscreen and fixing air. cond.

Pics:

What a mess!

My 'Anti-Theft Device' - Screwdriver this f*#kers!

My soon to be installed catch can!

Cheer's
Sash
Last edited by SashET on Sat May 24, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djvass

Post by djvass »

Love the paint job.

I will look out for the car as i am always in airport west as my mechanic has his shop there.

You may have heard of EAS.

Anyway love the car.

DJ...
SOLD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MY ET BUT WILL STILL BE ON HERE WATCHING AND WAITING FOR THAT RIGHT ET AGAIN.
SashET

Post by SashET »

Yeah I have heard of them DJ, they are just off Mathews Avenue. I've been there and spoken to one of the guy's (can't recall his name - Con from memory, but I have his business card). Good looking shop with shit loads of GTR's, Silvias etc...
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

is that a candy paint.? its a very sweet colour. nice car dude.
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
SashET

Post by SashET »

Yeah, it is some sort of candle apple/burgandy paint. Can't say for sure what it is because I really don't know. Anyone know how to check? It's also done in acrylic whichs no-one seems to use anymore so matching the colour is a real biaatch.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

i believe candy red is when the body is painted in a bright metalic gold and then an opaque red is flowed over the top of it. so the car looks red but you can see the bright colour underneith it in the sun. way more extreme than a pearl. looks great. but i'm not sure about acrylics ability to be used.

may have to ask a painter. but anyone should be able to match the colours for ya.
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
angel

Post by angel »

yes really nice paint job, i also have cosworth bonnet vents in my other bonnet, there nice.

good luck with the moding
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

dude i have to say that is a MAD bargain!! looks awesome.. oi if we had a cruise or meet in melbourne wuld u be keen?? how about the brocky cruise in local news??

Sam
N12Turbo

Post by N12Turbo »

I thought SashET all along was 'Sash' with the blue ET from years back.

Obviously not the case! Although he had similar bonnet scoop and vents!

Dave
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

That makes 3 of us who've admitted it!
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

4 now :) Whoops

What eva happened to the 'Old Sash' -- and we shall name him that!

By the way 'New Sash', Nice car and Megasquirt will be a terifficccc project to do.

Darren.
djvass

Post by djvass »

SashET wrote:Yeah I have heard of them DJ, they are just off Mathews Avenue. I've been there and spoken to one of the guy's (can't recall his name - Con from memory, but I have his business card). Good looking shop with shit loads of GTR's, Silvias etc...
Yeah thats the shor you would have spoken to Vick the owner who is a stocky man or george the worker who is alot smaller than vick. Both very easy going blokes and no what is going on.

Vick oves his GTR'S.

DJ.....
SOLD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MY ET BUT WILL STILL BE ON HERE WATCHING AND WAITING FOR THAT RIGHT ET AGAIN.
SashET

Post by SashET »

Ok, let's set the story straight, I'm not SashET from the past with the blue ET, as you can see, it's burgandy. Don't stress too much about the confussion, maybe I should have picked a better nickname.

Timmzy
By the way 'New Sash', Nice car and Megasquirt will be a terifficccc project to do.
I can't wait to get some money under my belt and get one of these unit's. It's gonna be fun to DIY. Money is a little tight at the moment as I've gotten engaged earlier this year, moved into a new house and planning for a wedding and 6 week honeymoon in europe next year. With all that, it leaves little pocket change to play with my toy's. But she'll get there!

wassup393
oi if we had a cruise or meet in melbourne wuld u be keen?? how about the brocky cruise in local news??
Hell yeah, I'd be in for that. 10 or 15 N12's overtaking and causing kaos on the roads would look unreal. It would be good to meet some of you as well rather than just chat on this forum. Thanks for the compliments to btw.

djvass
Yeah thats the shor you would have spoken to Vick the owner who is a stocky man
Your right, Vick was his name (don't know where I got Con from?), I checked the business card I got from him. Yeah, he did seem really cluey about these car's as well as turbo's in general. I enjoyed taking to him as he gave me some free advice on how to hook up my catch can properly. I'll post something on the 'Artical Section' of the forum when I'm done.

Cheer's
Sash
djvass

Post by djvass »

Yeah he is very helpful and does no what he is on about and yeah he doesnt mind a chat either which is a good thing.

DJ
SashET

Post by SashET »

MT-8.....1st REAL MOD.......SHE'S ALIVE!

Ok, I imagine everyone on here has bought something from ebay, forums etc. and has been let down because it either wasn't what you ordered, doesn't work or you simply have been ripped off. I've been in that position more times than I care to remember.
I recently bought a Microtech MT-8 off the forum and thought f*#k it, I'll give it a go at installing it.
With about 5000000 pm's ( I have a word document with all the pm's to prove it and send to other's if they are contemplating the same thing - DIY install) to Evan (tassuperkart) about how to go about it (wire for wire - literally!), I finally managed to work it all out and get it in. Mind you, I had two failed attempts in the process which made my heart sink thinking that it was a dud ECU and I'd been had (no offence to the bloke I bought it off, just a s*#tty world we live in these days that makes me a little un-trusting).

Finally today, I along with Evan on the phone kicked the b*tch over and she ran! Like sh*t, but she ran! I can't begin to tell you the relief I have right now knowing that she'll be ok to go in the future after I clean up all the sh*#tty wiring I made a mess of and a good tune. I've attached some pictures of the mess (sorry about the quality, poor lighting and a mobile phone camera dont mix) and I'll do the same after I clean it all up but for now, I'm loving the fact that she can and will run.

Because I bought this car so cheap (i.e. $1k) and planning to keep it a few more years, I thought I'd stop piss farting around with AFM's, wiggling the old ECU wires and all the other stuff that comes with it and just dive in there and go aftermarket ECU and finally make it run right! I've probably gone backwards in terms of mods, most people do the simple stuff first and then migrate onto ECU's but I thought what heck, there's no time like the present.

Anyway, the actual installation itself was not very difficult at all, however I was an absolute pedantic f*#k about the whole thing and made sure that every sensor had its own plug (so it can be removed and put back to standard within a few hours), each wire was individually soldered onto its pin (not crimped), each plug will have its own corregated loom (still to be cleaned up), all new plugs from NARVA and injector plugs from Petro-Ject and all the old loom fixed up to match the new plugs and pulled back through (which ones arn't needed of course) into the cabin and will be tucked away neatly to be seen again at a later date (if I ever decide to rip the f*#ker out again).

Well, I just wanted to share that with you all, so about the long post and a massive massive thank you to Evan (tassuperkart) for all his efforts helping me along the way. I started out asking him about a 'cold idle compensator' and ended up with 50 pages of pm's, an installed MT-8 and a good friend by the end of it all! Thank you. It's people like him (and other's on here, that make this a great site to visit again and again). I'm looking forward to your visit here to Melb soon and I hope to see allot of you there too (drinks, dinner and some pool sounds great to me).

Now, I've got some cleaning up to do so see ya later dudes.......

Cheer's
Sash