N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

ET/Milano Hybrid : 'Milanos Demise'

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Its off a Ford Lazer. 1985 shape

The core is almost identical, but with it being talled it doesnt sit under the radiator support bar, it will sit completely on the engine side of it. But there should still be 10-15mm between it and the turbo.

The bottom hose is right next to the E15 water out which is great, and the top hose will go straight over the snout of my T25g turbo. Perfect! Ill get some shots of it sometime...

Ive also just started work on a top rear wing :) Swapped the only Milano hatch back on and am gonna glass up the ET hatch with the new wing on.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

I got the Work rims. 2 Have Toyo T1s' on them so they are both on for now (not much tread left, they were obviously drift rims, but still possibly JUST ok for the road). They look insane on the car! Ill polish them up and try to get some pix up when i can.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Here are the two rims on the car

Still not sure if the rears fit... havn't tried :P
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Sweeeeeeet! Pretty rims! :D I like the black vs shiny finish!

(If I only had a set of stock ET rims I would paint them black and polish up a shiny metal face. They wouldn't be as pretty as your Work rims, though.)

Congrats! I hope you can get on the rears without any bigger dramas, but what the heck, if the arches don't like the wheels, create widebodykit arches for the rear. :D
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

looks like a good offset.
just need to stretch ur tyres bro!
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Ill get some 225's on them in time.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Installed an L20ET AFM today. I put this together about 3 years ago with an E15ET board in it, and never put it on due to needing different silicons to bolt it up... Well, it turns out that with my 3'' piping its actually quite easy now.

3''inlet and 2.75'' outlet. Better than the standard 2''inlet and 2.25 outlet.

It seems to run all good too, just i cant really say it makes any difference in performance... just another mod to add to the list! haha.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Pulling thru your AFM, size wont make much diff M8.
What boost ur engine see is what boost it gets regardless of the size of the afm.
You might get a pressure drop across the afm but the engine wont know much difference!
The size of the AFM could be crucial to performance of an atmo engine but makes little diff to a turbo engine in the real world unless its stupidly small/insane boost! Which it aint, and you wouldnt!
Good to hear its running well with that mod tho!!
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Exactly, just thought i'd add it to the list :)

BTW, my AFM is a blow through setup, not a drawn through
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Finally got new tyres for my Equip 1's. 205/50 R15's

Ive only got the fronts on for now because i need spacers on the rear for them to fit. 15mm spacers are coming tomorrow hopefully!
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

The tracks look interesting... probably good rain tires. What brand?

I just adore those rims. They look so 80s and fit the N12 design perfectly (talking about the looks only) :D :D

It'll be interesting to see the Pulsar with those rims on all 4. :D
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

need to get new halves made up for the rims - make em 9" wide to suit ur wide guards :P
i know some people doing a group buy if you want the link :P
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

lol na, i havnt got the cash :P

The dude said they were the best rims he had balanced in years! haha
TurboZ.Dude wrote:The tracks look interesting... probably good rain tires. What brand?

I just adore those rims. They look so 80s and fit the N12 design perfectly (talking about the looks only) :D :D

It'll be interesting to see the Pulsar with those rims on all 4. :D
Cheers mate, i lovem too :)

The tyres are pretty sticky in the dry, i did manage to get a chirp changing from 1st to 2nd today tho. I havn't driven in the rain yet. They are kingstars

The spacers didn't arrive today... so hopefully monday!
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Broke down on the motorway yesterday. Car just lost all power. So i pulled over, popped the bonnet and luckily enought it was just the coil lead fallen off. So i put that back on and away i went... but i only got another 100m or so till there was a massive CLUNK and the car popped out of gear.

So there i am, pulled over for a second time. The car will BARELY engage 1st 3rd and 5th, and 2nd 4th and reverse are just totaly out of the question.

So i drive home half an hour like this and stick the car on stands. My front engine mount was totally loose, and my rear mount has a couple of sheared bolts and was also quite loose!

I have managed to refit a few bolts where they should go, so the front and rear mounts are tight now. There are a couple of bolts in the rear that cant go into the gearbox because they cant line up, but its sturdy none-the-less.

Even with this done, engaging gears it still exactly the same. I only have 1st 3rd and 5th. I thought i may have bent the gear selector, so i took it off, and along side another one it looks exactly the same. So i thought i'd replace the whole brace and gear stick, but the brace just wont unbolt from the engine. It just keeps spinning in place!

My car is in pieces, my back is killing me, and I am pissed off at this bucket of bolts... I guess all i can do is keep trying :(
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the joys of messing with N12's eh?
Do you feel like you should have left it stock?? LOL!

This is a very common occurrence with these cars when pushed hard regularly.
Theres a message in this tho for everybody.

Routinely CHECK ENGINE MOUNT BOLTS!!!!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.