N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Karl's N12 pulsar

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
chch_n12

Post by chch_n12 »

Oh that bit of silicon hosing on the oil feed is not going to be there on a perminant basis lol!! :lol: the place I buy fittings from is out of the sort I require at the moment.

About the hosing on rockercover breather, got told it was alright to do that by a mechanic, so what would exactly happen if I left it like that?. . . . . is it alright for both to not be plumbed into anything?
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

it can't vent the vapours like that! ur mech must be on drugs! lol
you can either put little breathers on it or vent them to the intake pipe like factory or vent them to a catch can :)
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

The one on the passenger side is meant to have a PCV valve into the intake and the other is linked to it. Otherwise just vent them both to a catch can setup.
chch_n12

Post by chch_n12 »

Brought a catchcan on trademe :D for a nice $50 with braided lines.

Played around with the timing a bit today, must be getting somewhere since it is backfiring through the inlet....wasnt doing anything before hand. what would that mean?
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

If you are talking about ignition timing, the following things came up in my mind:

Sounds like you set the timing way off from what it's supposed to be... you really don't get so much power increase by trying to advance the ignition. Advancing the ignition more and more eventually raises cylinder pressure and temperature to the point where you start melting valves and pistons. You don't want to play around with this too much, unless you want to rebuild your engine frequently.

Backfiring through the intake makes it sound to me like you have managed to advance the ignition so much it actually is firing while the inlet valve is open... don't know if it is possible. And even if the ignition timing wouldn't be the reason to the backfiring through the intake, you're best off if you adjust the timing back to factory specs (you can advance it a degree or two from factory specs but don't advance it more than so). If I remember correctly the timing should be set to 15 degrees BTDC on the E15ET.

Correct me if I'm wrong, guys!
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Popping in the inlet is usually a result of grossly retarded ignition timing.

Exactly how are you adjusting this timing M8?
Please dont tell me ur just winding back and forward by ear K?
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
chch_n12

Post by chch_n12 »

Pretty much set it to TDC and set the cam correctly according to the workshop manual I have, rotor pointing towards 1. Still no good. Given up, dont particurly want to damage the engine considering i have just rebuilt it so off to a mechanic this week to get timing done.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Well, at least ur doing the right thing M8.
"Pretty much" can result in it running good, shit or grenading itself to death. so "pretty mjuch" is nowhere near close enough....sry!

Why dont you just invest in a timing light, set the fucken thing to stock timing @ *whatever* rpm it is and save yourself a shiteload of money and worry??
Then you can check it yourself whenever you like without having to pay $65/hour to some mechanic eh?
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
chch_n12

Post by chch_n12 »

Its going mint now, got the timing done last week. its so much quicker than when it had the rb20det turbo on it.

Have done a few things to it, ripped the rear wing off, got a nice suprise, a ton of rust underneath. Ditched the 17"s and have gone with a nice set of 15" impul mesh rims.

Oh and whoever said that the non turbo radiator isnt good enough to cool a e15t, well it is, sits nicely between 65-70 degrees and doesnt go past that, thats with thermo fan going constantly.

photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Good to hear its going well again. So its quicker with a T2 on it? That's awesome :p Wether it makes more power or not is a different question, but it is quite fun going back to a T2 after having a bigger turbo. Makes me laugh :p

I was the someone who said that about the radiator. Cool its working for you, but try race it and you'll probably see what i mean.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

nice wheels, polish up the lip though! :D
good to hear it's happily running.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
chch_n12

Post by chch_n12 »

Yeah, wheels are are getting powder coated and lip polished next week :P
Then in for a warrant.........................

Feels alot quicker anyhow haha. only running 8-9psi

Will be looking into putting a t25g on it at some stage.

Is anyone in contact with the guy who orginally built this car? im curious to find out what size turbo he had on it, it was massive! looked like a rb25/vg30 turbo. :lol:
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

devtheginga(at)hotmail i think is his email addy bro. or something to that effect
chch_n12

Post by chch_n12 »

cheers mate.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

You should buy this car for parts mate! http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 508454.htm