N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Factory Nissan Sunny B11 Chassis, E15ET turbo "Le Prix&

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
NZLeprix

Factory Nissan Sunny B11 Chassis, E15ET turbo "Le Prix&

Post by NZLeprix »

Heya Guys,

I have a couple of previous cars on the website, under the name "charles" a blue Langley and a black Milano, (both N12's)

However I now have a B11 Sunny Le Prix Turbo, but it shares the same mechanicals as the N12 Turbos.
There were 3 models of this car, theres a Hatchback, Sedan, and a longer Liftback model. The following link shows the 3 models.

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en ... D%26sa%3DX

Pics of my car are at http://www.cardomain.com/id/nzgti

This car has only done 147,000ks which is low for its age, I only purchased it a month ago for $500 (wasn't running for more than 1-2mins at a time due to faulty dizzy) which I repaired the same day I foolishly turned up the boost recently and blew the headgasket, however this is undergoing repairs now.. and should be back on the road in a couple of days, I blew the gasket between the 3rd and 4th Cylinder.

The car will go under extensive work, I am going to do the panel and paint myself.

Anyone have some ideas for me? I will do the usual AFM relocation, remove all the factory A/C gear (don't need it here in NZ) but what turbo should I use? last time I used a T25 from a CA18DET, however these are getting old now too, should I got for a T25/T28 Hybrid or a GT25?

The car will not be a drag car as such, as it will also be used as a daily driver. 8)

If anyone has any questions about this particular model then please msg me on MSN. (details in my profile).

I got the B11 Sunny version to be differn't, however that said, its hard to find any of these E15ET turbo models where I live. they rarely come up for sale.

Cheers
Charles
NZLeprix

Post by NZLeprix »

for some reason the link to the Picture of the 3 differn't models is incomplete.
its http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=
http://www.nissan.co.jp/MUSEUM/SUNNY/&p ... D%26sa%3DX
NZLeprix

Post by NZLeprix »

Once again the link won't work, it seems that the forum is changing it in some way.. nevermind..
if anyone wants the pic msg me on msn
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

go the milano!:) I got one too... ill be posting pix of it in a sec. You got pix of your one?

Oh... and its good to see another kiwi on here!
NZLeprix

Post by NZLeprix »

Ok, heres pics of my old Langley and Milano.

NZLeprix

Post by NZLeprix »

Now heres the pics of the Sunny. also the pic of the 3 models of Turbo Sunnys.

(this shows the Hatchback, sedan, liftback shapes)

Now for some pics of my mates old Pulsar Sleeper (he used a non turbo 1.3 pulsar as base).

NZLeprix

Post by NZLeprix »

As you can see, the interior of the Sunny is a bit differn't to the pulsars, also theres no factory boost guage on this model.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

wow.. sleeper is right.. that thing must really haul..
NZLeprix

Post by NZLeprix »

Yeah it went hard for a short time, until it ran a bearing, my mate didn't bother fixing it, sadly he sold all the parts off and at the time I had no money to buy them, doh!.
N12Turbo

Post by N12Turbo »

The interior of the red Sunny you have is the same as the interior that was in the ET I had being wrecked at my place. I had that center console adapted to the Aussie N12 dash. Looked a treat!

Good to know what car it actually came out of. It was the only console like that, that I had seen in Australia.

Dave
NZLeprix

Post by NZLeprix »

Blew the headgasket recently, heres a pic of what happened to it.
What would usually cause it to happen like this?

After getting the car backtogether I did a quick 0-130k run, wasn't really thrashing it.. but I think it went ok, heres a video of that..
keep in mind the cars stock standard at this stage, no mods at all.

tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

That engine has detonated its arse off and the gasket has done its job and preventd the engine from grenading itself.
Long live the stock head gasket!
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.