N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

The Mad Manny project = [b]!!DEAD!![/b]

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Android 360 wrote:wtf? cordia? are you serious? LOL HAHA dude actually look at em for a bit - they are retarded! I mean, look at that mess under the bonnet! haha!

if you want a decent cheap car with potential then get an r31 skyline or a bluebird or something like that. There are plenty of rwd toyotas with the goods too ke70 rolla, celicas etc.

Don't be bound by the fwd lol you will enjoy a rwd with 1/4 the power way more than you will enjoy a turbo fwd :P
I had a cordia, definitely quicker and better handling than an n12. but the torque steer was much worse.

My dad drove my cordia when he had his exa and re-stated that he wished he had the extra money for the Cordia when he bought the exa.

one thing to be careful of with cordia's is they fold up like alfoil in a crash (but n12s do too....)

I had my stock cordia showing 220kph (on the track of course). no mod's. not et or exa will do that in stock trim.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

They look fucken miles better too.

I like the fastback two-door body style... my uncle had one, but I can't remember if the back seats folded down
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Android 360 wrote:if you want a decent cheap car with potential then get an r31 skyline or a bluebird or something like that.
Too big
There are plenty of rwd toyotas with the goods too ke70 rolla, celicas etc.
Too old

There's a 4WD drivetrain for the Cordia too... even though I'm told it's like rocking-horse shit...
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

what about a rear wheel drive Cordia, a Starion Turbo? you can't get more 80's than that!
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

starions are wicked.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Android 360 wrote:starions are wicked.
had one of those too, very different car though. heavier ans slower to start, but when it's going it' pretty good.

C
baz

Post by baz »

Starions are rare as these days, Only a few kicking about down this way, A friend had one years and years ago for like his first car
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
BLUE ET

Post by BLUE ET »

Mad Manny wrote:Then as I start pulling away all the plastic in the boot and I find a bit of rust (as i suspected I would), but to my surprise, the whole rear of my beloved turbo car was, well, non existant :(

You poor bastard, i know the feeling. I bought my first et and about a month after i found the boot was rusted out so bad that when trying to see if it still had some strength in it i put a hole through the boot floor :cry:
SHIT JANICE!!!!!!!!!
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Android 360 wrote:starions are wicked.
Especially if you say it like you're saying 'stallion' in a Japanese accent :D
Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

I bought a cordia about 2 yr ago, and on the test drive the front passanger wheel flew off down the road and took out the rear door of a new falcon lmao. The guy told me he had busted a couple of guys trying to steal it from the front of his house and they must have come back and undone the wheel nuts, i thought that was BS and bought the car anyway at 1/3rd of the asking price lol.

The rust in the boot wasn't quite fall through but it won't be long till it gets that way, wreckers wanted 500 foor a replacement floor but that to had a few rust spots.

Oh well, i'll just have to see how the car hunting goes. I spotted a 5L commodore wagon for $1500 so that might have to be my next option :)
Yeah I'm fat, but i can still out drive your skinny ass!!
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

I have an ET shell that's free for the 1st person to come get it.
it's rust free except for a couple of small bits.

In Brisbane north.

modplated as a 2 seater too.

it wont be rolling but i will keep it rolling to get ti on the truck where i will pull out the rear suspension and the wheels.

has doors and boot with all glass too
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

Thanks Android, but i think i'll go with a commodore for now and invest in another ET or EXA soon. I recently lost my job so i need another one before i start any more projects.
Yeah I'm fat, but i can still out drive your skinny ass!!
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

'Invest' in an N12?! haha. I don't think i've heard anything as funny in my life :P
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

photoglossy wrote:'Invest' in an N12?! haha. I don't think i've heard anything as funny in my life :P
That's funny. Actually you're constantly investing hard earned dollars in them, you just get dick for a return. Even better off with shares in a shit market. Oh well, our choice.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Its kinda like saying you invest in fireworks haha