N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

The Mad Manny project = [b]!!DEAD!![/b]

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Mad Manny

The Mad Manny project = [b]!!DEAD!![/b]

Post by Mad Manny »

Name: Mad Manny
Year/ Model: 86' ET
Colour: White
Period of ownership: 1 month

Performance: Awesome when it's running properly

Engine Mods:
VL Throttle body, fuel pump and injectors, relocated AFM, Bosch ignition coil upgrade, Front mount intercooler, battery moved to the boot, Blow off valve, turbo running 13psi.

Interior Mods:
Boost, Water temp and oil gauges, sparco sports wheel, interior adjustable boost controller, sony H/U, short shifter with aftermarket gear knob ( makes my car go faster my son says lol ), heaps of sand and dirt built into carpet combined with the usual ET interior smell.

Exterior Mods:
Plum purple front grill and stripes, metallic wipers.

Wheels:
16 inch chrome avanti rims with low profile tyres.

Other:
3 inch exhaust into single muffler and out to dump pipe. Rust ( helps with ventilation lol )

Future Plans:
Microtech ECU, new panels on the front, plum purple paint with yellow striping, cut all rust out and install electronic rust converter, motor rebuild, new bigger turbo, better stereo, new carpet and seats.

Pics:

Last edited by Mad Manny on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah I'm fat, but i can still out drive your skinny ass!!
baz

Post by baz »

whats with the SSS sticker?
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
BLUE ET

Post by BLUE ET »

exa tail lights?
different but i like :D :D :D :D :D

good luck with the build mate
SHIT JANICE!!!!!!!!!
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

whats with the potty toolbox!! haha
nice car man
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
baz

Post by baz »

poxy tool box lol, it's a potty
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

baz

Post by baz »

I thought that EXA and ET tail lights were different in fitment, Modded exa lights to fit your ET?

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

Thank's for the comments guys, Exa tail lights were on when i bought it, there is a bit of a gap but they don't leak into the cabin at all.

The SSS sticker was there when i got it, as were a bunch of other stickers like Boost and autometer and some others that had to go, the SSS one's i forgot about till i took the pic's today lol.

My shitty tool box was all i could find the other day when i was taking stuff off the car and needed to put bolts somewhere, my daughter was filling it full of gravel and gave it to me while i was looking for a container, I love my kids lol.
N12Turbo

Post by N12Turbo »

Did you know the creator of n12turbo.com came from 'Maryhole'??
Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

No, No i didn't lol, but my apologies to him for having to have been here at one stage, at least something good came from this place lol.
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

Ohhh you had a race track right near you, long flat roads with not many pot holes that I can remember.. I atm that would only dispence 20s haha
My ET is much like my woman! except my ET is always on all 4's...........
N12Turbo

Post by N12Turbo »

Yeah he went to school there, 17 years in the place!!

Poor bastard he was..... lol
Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

So here I was, geared up to start prep and paint on the ET, when I realised the head gasket had let go in cylinder 4, no big deal as I was going to get it rebuilt any way. Then as I start pulling away all the plastic in the boot and I find a bit of rust (as i suspected I would), but to my surprise, the whole rear of my beloved turbo car was, well, non existant :(

So I have sold her back to the guy I got it off who wants parts and the likes. Now I have learnt my lesson in looking for rust in hidden and not so hidden places I am on the prowl for another ET or EXA. Here's hoping I can find a goodie.

R.I.P my pregnant rice bubble, you brought me joy and anger and left me with less money than I had hoped, but you always gave me a smile when driving.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Good luck, man.

Me, I'd try to find a Cordia Turbo.

Basically the same thing; 900kg & 1.6l, but it looks good, and couldn't handle any worse than the Exa/Pulsar...
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

wtf? cordia? are you serious? LOL HAHA dude actually look at em for a bit - they are retarded! I mean, look at that mess under the bonnet! haha!

if you want a decent cheap car with potential then get an r31 skyline or a bluebird or something like that. There are plenty of rwd toyotas with the goods too ke70 rolla, celicas etc.

Don't be bound by the fwd lol you will enjoy a rwd with 1/4 the power way more than you will enjoy a turbo fwd :P
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Android 360 wrote:Don't be bound by the fwd lol you will enjoy a rwd with 1/4 the power way more than you will enjoy a turbo fwd :P

ah come on they aren't all that bad! i still love driving my little ET even though i have a frikkin manual VL Turbz with some snot. :wink: