N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

haggards et updated

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

haggard wrote:hope fully by autosalon in august man so a few months my engines getin built atm doen a 1.7 stroker so fingers crossed for 300hp
ahh 1.7L nice did u score the stroker kit off ROD on nissanexa.com?

hope all goes well 4 ya very nice job on the car so far mate thumbs up:D
haggard

Post by haggard »

thanks for the coments guys,

i used a gas mig to do all my welding, yea ive got it easy in that aspect haven the keys to a top notch paint shop n being the head painter has benifits..

as far as the turbo go weve gone 2 sizes bigger now to a steel wheeled disco patato 28/30 i think they are should b good for 2 bar just laggy as hell lol..

yea i got the kit off rod hes helping me alot along the way...
cnt wait till its finished should b a head turner for sure i mite try host a cruz wen it comes out of the shop finished fingers crossd b4 the show so we all can share thoughts..

panel work got started 2nyt neally 1 side down

a taste of more kolor to come

i know its off topic but heres a house of kolor hot pink shimrin panel van i painted on saturday 8 hours in the booth well worth it..

paint by haggard preformed at k & l car craft bayswater open in 6 months..disorderly conduct
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Love it. What paint system do you use apart from HOK? Do you supply paint to the public?
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

odd.
posted here yesterday but it's gone..

i was saying that i hope you're going to deloom the engine bay after all the work welding up the holes and smoothing. would be a waste otherwise!

that house of kolor paint is just stunning!
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
haggard

Post by haggard »

for our smash repair work we use debeer refinishes which owned by the same company as hok valspar.i dont think we sell to the public but west coast paint supplies is who we get our products through.

yea the engine bay is deffently getin de loomed got my auto elecy's on to it as soon as we fit the donl bak in..

went to panel the front doors 2 day n the previous owner bogged over rust so the doors aew rooted rust holes every where bit up setin but i got a donner car ready to get the panels off

Last edited by haggard on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paint by haggard preformed at k & l car craft bayswater open in 6 months..disorderly conduct
Timmzy

RE: ET paint

Post by Timmzy »

Hi!

That is very impressive. Once you have gone thru painting a car, you can really appreciate work like this. I am REALLY impressed with that.

I painted my ET is shitty acrylic and your undercoat and hifill has a better finish than my car :) haha.

I am keenly watching this thread to see the development work.

How much does a paintjob like that cost>? Just out of interest.

Darren.
Race it.
haggard

Post by haggard »

depends ont he size of there car as far as house of kolor goes the panel van cost up around 12 grand.. um i estermate mine to be around 6 to 7 grand to an avarage customer..

thanks man yea this is the first of my cars ive ever painted myself so i wana make it perfect hahahaha..
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

might be a dumb question but I've always wanted to know....

Why do they put the second colour lines over the primer? (in your case black on the grey primer)

Manufacturers do that to prototype and dev cars to hide the true lines in photos and too the eye (like camouflage), which adds to my confusion because it's got to make it harder to see imperfections.....

C
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

That's called a guide coat. You put it on then sand the primer. Where there is still black paint you need to sand more because that is a low spot (so obviously there are high points around it and it isn't flat) YOu keep on sanding until there is no black paint left anywhere which should mean it's all very flat and the base can be sprayed.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

raddavey wrote:That's called a guide coat. You put it on then sand the primer. Where there is still black paint you need to sand more because that is a low spot (so obviously there are high points around it and it isn't flat) YOu keep on sanding until there is no black paint left anywhere which should mean it's all very flat and the base can be sprayed.
Wouldn't you need to cover the whole surface, not just dots or large cross-hatches?
When i did "small" repairs I did a light could, but covered the whole surface...

C
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

I haven't seen it done in dots. How haggard has done it would have some light paint between the cross hatches. I suppose you just put it on light because your sanding the coat off anyway so it would a waste to put a whole complete coverage of colour.
237hp@18psi
Damo

Post by Damo »

Yep, guide coat. The lines arn't realy that nessesary, just the light spray will give a good indication if the panel as a whole is flat after a light sanding. As Ryan has noted, any remaining paint is where the panel has low spots.
You just use some shitty export black paint from SuperCheap.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

then low spots get extra spray putty, yeah?
C
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

No low spots mean you have to sand more around that area to get the high spots level with the low spots. So its completely flat.
237hp@18psi
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

dont leave us hanging fellas! hows it looking?
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.