N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

MY 85 ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
NismoBoi

MY 85 ET

Post by NismoBoi »

Name:jason
Year/ Model:1985 n12 et turbo
Colour:white
Period of ownership:had her for bout 1.5 years

Performance:made 75 killawats,but leaned out and did the head gasket on the dyno.

Engine Mods:new head gasket,malpassi rrfpr,k&n airfilter,2 inch zaust with 2.5inch dump also running a k&n oil filter

Interior Mods:custom door trims,custom center console with boost/vac,oil pres and volt meter,

Exterior Mods:rear window sticker"HOW CUTE!IS THAT A V8? standard ET front lip, painted calipers

Wheels:standard ET wheels painted black

Extra:id like to thank my mate max for all the help,my mate from cool trimming for doing the wikid door trims and the laughs at his work shop
and all the guys from sprints enfield for the parts.

Future Plans:fit a bigger turbo,plus fmic,rebuild the motor with stroker kit,hoping for 150 fwkw,
plus do the afm relocation,get rid of the air con as its out of gas ,make a custom CAI wen i do the relocation,relocate the batt 2 the boot,retrim the hood lining,also retrim the front seats in black and white also remove the head rests,sumthin diff
Pics:
Last edited by NismoBoi on Tue May 19, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
How cute!Is that a V8?
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

live fast,die young and drive it like you stole it

I think that's why the tech section and parts for sale section will live on forever on this site.
NismoBoi

Post by NismoBoi »

that's just a saying mate,i actually baby the car,its my pride and joy,its an awesome little car gets looks wherever i go and i like that my car reflects my individuality,
How cute!Is that a V8?
baz

Post by baz »

I remember back in the day when my engine bay looked like that. Except no bov like you, Actually whats the deal with that?..Looks like u have it blocked off but a vac line still attached?..Inside that little black canister is there like a little diaphragm or something?..Doesn't really look like a bov tho?
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
NismoBoi

Post by NismoBoi »

ive actually changed the bov over,the guy who did my gauges had 1 layin round put it in for free,also blocked the overboost valve off,painted the heat shield silver,hi temp paint had it layin round in the shed,wen im bak in a few weeks il be doin the bat relo so thatl give me some more room,and mite be fitting a slim thermo fan,but the aircon sout of gas and i got a mate thats a mobile mech thatl remove it for nuthn,sothatlhelp out some more
How cute!Is that a V8?
baz

Post by baz »

So in them pics it is actually a bov then?
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
NismoBoi

Post by NismoBoi »

yeah i think its the factory Bosch unit,was like that wen i bought it off my mate,he bought it of his mechanic mate,then wen he told me i just had to have it,can honestly say the car is awsme 1 day then itl play up the next but thats half the fun i love working on the car....sometimes
How cute!Is that a V8?
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

baz wrote:So in them pics it is actually a bov then?
Yeah its the Bosch BOV from the Volvo's and a few other cars, you can pick them up from autobarn for around $60. I got one for my car cos a coppa harrassed me with my other BOV.

Lookin goos Jason. just needs a good scrub up.

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
NismoBoi

Post by NismoBoi »

thanks for the feed bak guys,its a slow process but worth the wait,i love the look i get when the turbo spools up,they say that's a turbo, makes me laugh
How cute!Is that a V8?
NismoBoi

Post by NismoBoi »

hey guys bit of an update im heading bak to Adelaide in a couple of days will be staying permanently and getting a move on with the et,very keen to get the custom door trims and pods picked up and fit the stereo and other bits and so on,will be taking pics along the way of the custom gauge setup and other photos.
How cute!Is that a V8?
NismoBoi

Post by NismoBoi »

hey guys started to paint the interior plastics in the back to match the door trims,will be taking photos of the trims and other stuff to show what Ive been doing.Getting the rear trims done in a few weeks so hopefully can start doing the stereo,then some new front bushes and hope to get the paint and panel sorted soon
How cute!Is that a V8?
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Pretty sure it''s illegal to remove your head restraints; they help prevent whiplash.
NismoBoi

Post by NismoBoi »

will be checking that out within the next few days/weeks been speaking to my motor trimmer he said that we can have a look with regards to the legalities of that sort of modification,as im also speaking to an engineer as to the rules and regs of that sort of thing.
How cute!Is that a V8?
rget

Post by rget »

yes have to second that but it would look trick.