N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

milanco n12 pulsar drag car update

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
SirET

milanco n12 pulsar drag car update

Post by SirET »

hey guys
well it has been quite a while since this car has seen the light of day so here it is

the chassis is almost complete with only a couple of bars being needed for the roll cage and engine work has started car can be lifted by 3 guys without any worries gives you an indication of weight i am hoping for 850kg full wet weight (including driver)

here is some food for thought :D

Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

looking awsome. but about the rear coilover mounts, will they be strong enough for any meaningful bumps?
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I wouldn't be too worried about big bumps on a drag strip, but more about the constant downward pressure under accelleration.
Do you guys have some plans to beef up the mounts at all?
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
SirET

Post by SirET »

hey guys
the rear coilover mounts should be fine as i am running 90/10 shocks there will be very small movement also as i wind up the power/speed i have made provisions for wheelie bars and chute (see rear hatch photo) the wheelie bars will also absorb any load. I feel that most force applyed to the rear mounts will be in the initial 60ft as the weight transfer will be greatest at this point.

cheers ryan
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Wow, that is some serious stuff! That's going to be a quick Pulsar! 8)
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Nice work!, but I do agree those shock mounts look a bit light and might want to twist off that cross bar. On a drag strip you might get away with tit though, maybe....

C
digginganddirt

Post by digginganddirt »

arh nice allmost the same as my cage (apart from the bars onto the front rails) look swoit as should be fast,whats the plains engine wise?
SirET

Post by SirET »

hey guys yeah well i wont know how they hold up till i take it out on the track and i am just waiting on engine parts at the moment .

engine wise i am going to run a fully built ka24de-t 5speed manual (i feel the gearbox is going to be my biggest problem) gt42r microtech methanol etc

my main concern is to make sure the car drives straight before i start to wind up the power

thanks for the comments guys
catch ya
ryan
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I can't wait to see this thing doing stuff.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ummm theres been a lot of time and effort gone into fabricating up that juicy looking rear end but what screams at me is WHY?

The trailing arms look nice and light but all that added clobber/panhard rod and dare i say this: An "almost" De-Dion tube in there couldnt weigh a lot less than the stock trailing arms or at least some fabricated tubular trailing arms which would have been my choice.

How come youve gone down the "live axle" road on what ultimately only gets pulled along for the ride?

There is a significant down angle of the Panhard rod as well resulting in a fair sideways arc of the entire rear end ( a typical downside of a Panhard rod) unless you fabricate a fairly substantial horn to drop the chassis pickup point down the the suspension pickup point height.
Id be looking hard at this.
Not always feasable tho depending on the setup.

rear suspension movement will be fairly limited with the addition of those wheelie bars but nonetheless, Its still there.

A simple Watts link setup would solve your drama. farily easy to fabricate and since the pickup points are sharing load in both compression AND tension, the pickup points can be made extremely light with surprisingly small tie rod ends.
Even the center bearing assy would only have to be very light.

Secondly, those shock mounts will never actually break but that single and unsupported crossbar will be subject to some twisting AND bending up and down and just about any movement in there is undesireable.
I realise you have gone to lengths to have the shocks working perpendicular to the swing arc of the rear tube but the shocks angle barely a few degrees more and one major part of the issue dissappears and not cause any operation issues at all.

Just what I see M8.

Nice work. Keep us informed.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
70RQE2001

Post by 70RQE2001 »

Mate i remember this car from quite a few years back.
I'm curious as i own a previous gearbox from the car which i am running now, the bellhousing is painted green, anything in particular different about it? Seems to be holding up well compared to other boxes ive had??
Fill me in......?
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

SirET wrote:engine wise i am going to run a fully built ka24de-t 5speed manual
confirmed! you hinted at this engine a while back but didn't say for sure. will be interesting to see how it goes.
SirET

Post by SirET »

70RQE2001 wrote:Mate i remember this car from quite a few years back.
I'm curious as i own a previous gearbox from the car which i am running now, the bellhousing is painted green, anything in particular different about it? Seems to be holding up well compared to other boxes ive had??
Fill me in......?
hey mate the only modification (if it is the standard e15 box which was our first box) it was just rebuilt and cryogenically treated mate our next gear box is a pintara gearbox which is in my neighbours n12 exa vert he brought our last setup
confirmed! you hinted at this engine a while back but didn't say for sure. will be interesting to see how it goes.
yeah ash well our research has told us that these engines are extremely strong and we will enjoy doing something different to an sr/ca swap

also tass i will pm you and discuss this with you i am very interested and you have made some good points

cheers ryan