N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Alby's Cheap Ass Exa..... Updated....!!!!

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

That's an interesting approach. Taking over a bit of the ECU:s work. :wink:
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
hurdy_boy

springs

Post by hurdy_boy »

fark your car is low baz before u brought those springs off me i had them in my et with 17 inch wheels it was fine. were u using the rubber support that sits under the spring?? doesn't look like it mine didn't drop that far still had atleast 1inch between the wheel and the guard. it helps to if u get rid of those pissy little shocks and put sum stiffer ones in
baz

Post by baz »

The picture was taken going down my driveway, I don't have standard springs I have monroe gas shocks, The car bottomed out to much so i took them out and now have the standard ones in
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

baz wrote:The picture was taken going down my driveway, I don't have standard springs I have monroe gas shocks, The car bottomed out to much so i took them out and now have the standard ones in
To stop the front bottoming the springs you should put the bunp stop on the shaft of the shock, it's a rubber/urathane convoluted tube that acts like a bump stop. I had to put them in mine and they work well.

C
albyexa

Post by albyexa »

Eyy guys, just took a few photos of the engine and interior, take a look...

Alby...

Check out the start button:D

Any suggestions would be helpful...;)
baz

Post by baz »

Is there a problem with starting your car normally?..Or is it the fact that you can say you start your car with a button?..I had painted bits in my interior ages back, You get over it, Top shit on the rocker cover tho
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
albyexa

Post by albyexa »

Nar I pulled the car apart and when I put it together again humpty wasn't as godd as be4:(
Soo I hooked up a button to start her up...

Yer I love the cover...:D

Alby...
albyexa

Post by albyexa »

Hey guys!!

Time for alil update my good ppl...
I had my T28 rebuilt lastweek.. $400 and a 12month warranty wat more could you want???

Anyways, he told me to install a oil filter in the turbo feed so I got one, and installing it stupid me seemed to have stripped one of the hose clamps on the filter and took it for a drive around the block... well you can tell wat happen next.....:(... has anyone seen wat 3 litres of oil looks like splattered ova your engine bay??? ITS NOT FUKN PRETTY!!!! thats for sure....

Anyways after I cleaned up and tightened everything up I took her for a spin, after a couple of turbo tune ups it was running better than ever and I love it...

She should be on the road by the end of next week if all goes to plan and I hope it does...

I turned the boost up 2 14psi today and MY GOD!!!! this thing can pull...

13sec here I cum!!!!!!!!

Alby...:D
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Oil filter on the turbo feed??????

Thats such bollocks. No wonder you got your turbo rebuilt so cheaply..............

You actually have frikken HOSE CLAMPS securing some cheap arsed filter in something as important as an oil pressure line....OMFG!!!!!!!!

Show me the goddamned filter....................post a pic...I want to see it.

That hose sees engine oil pressure to the tune of some 50 to 60 odd psi and you are relying on some piddly itty bittie hose clamps over some filter with some crappy smooth hosetails lubricated with HOT OIL under high pressure?????????.........oh farrrrrkk......... someone please go round and help this dude out ........please...........

Piss it right off M8. Piss it off RIGHT NOW. DO NOT pass go!
Fit a ONE piece braided oil line with A-N screw on fittings...NOTHING less on such a crucial but simple part.

Theres not a turbo car in the world ANYWHERE, that requires a freakin filter on the turbo oil supply. Your engine already HAS an oil filter.
What??? Is this dude suggesting that the oil going into the turbo is actual dirty??????????? Oh please!
NEVER...EVER go back to this guy.....EVER!

You have already seen what adding such bullshit can do.
It can come off for starters and you could lunch your engine in short time or cause a major fire.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
albyexa

Post by albyexa »

Have you ever seen wat a couple lil bits of engine particles can do to the inside of your bearing housing on the turbo, he showed me wat was in mine, and I dont blame my turbo for going by..by...
I'v got a small filter on there with hose clamps until I get the perminant filter soon...>>>

And if the hose clamps I use at work for 150psi of pressurised air wouldn't hold, then I better fuk them off aswell tru........:S

Alby...
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

albyexa wrote:Have you ever seen wat a couple lil bits of engine particles can do to the inside of your bearing housing on the turbo, he showed me wat was in mine,......................
Alby...
Nope.. donmt want to either.
Id be far more worried by what was happening to my engine to cause bits to make their way there. before worrying about what it did to a turbo.
Imagine what your main and pin bearings look like since the very same gallery that feeds you turbo has already fed the crank bearings.

OK M8 this turbo guys is some Einstein who knows more that the vast mojority of the rest of the turbo world then.

Waste you money on such bollocks if you will. next thing he'll tell you to fit an oil cooler to that line as wel LMAO.
Your money M8.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i'd have to agree with E. although really it can't hurt but still is a WOFTAM. i'd be more worried about your bottom end bearings than your turbo bearings if you have metal filings in your oil.
BLUE ET

Post by BLUE ET »

come on mate, hurry up and register that thing then take me for a spin.

you should have taken a pic of your eng bay so we could have seen what 3 liters of oil looks like lol.

By the way, how do you plan to slip this thing past vic roads with a big cooler, BOV and shit?? Good luck to you mate, you will need it. The person who looked over my car was bloody pedantic, and they were worried about things that were seen as safe in the RWC like tyers and a few other things.

Anyways have fun mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHIT JANICE!!!!!!!!!
albyexa

Post by albyexa »

every engine, no matter wat is it has engine wear, its a fact of life mate, just coz theres an oil filter on the engine doesn't mean it catches everything... why do you think they have magnetic plates that go on your engine to attract the TINYYYY peices of steel...

He's a turbo expert... if he says to put a filter on my oil line to extend the life of my turbo... I put a filter on the line... simple as that... I would think that you follow a trusted engine builders advice 9 outta 10... why shouldn't I trust this guy, for the sake of a few dollars I think I'll take it... sori mate....

Callum my old friend... I hope to get it rego'd next week sometime, and I have a few friends in good places... soo we'll just see wat happens hey...
I'll come visit you soon mate...

Alby...
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Yeah seems excessive to me, but good to see you've done it well and not bodged it. That's a well EXAcuted :lol: install.

C