N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Kenny's ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
D1ET

Post by D1ET »

yup agreed how are we sopose to vent it?
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

just cut some holes and use some flexible ducting :)

Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
D1ET

Post by D1ET »

yer maby if i wanted to cut holes in a perfectly good car
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

or there's a drain hole in your spare wheel well if your that perdantic :)

Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
YES-PSI

Post by YES-PSI »

tassuperkart wrote:OK, reality check here dude. Take a breath for a minute!
Time to rain on your parade for a bit.

Triple core radiator??? LOL.
STOCK radiator is already HD and triple cored!!!!! You cannot do any better than stock. No matter what spin you get from the alloy brigade!

Dry sump.... WOFTAM. Bragging rights only. Very big money...for what exactly?

Bigger alternator? What for?

I dont see anything aside there for some intelligent head/valve work. Thats where your horsepower is. Thats where youll spend a lot of money.

Motec EFI stuff is muchly overated and so is way overpriced for what you actually get. WOFTAM. Just because V8 SC's MUST use it dun mean its much better than anything else. Not much more than bragging rights unless thats actually a priority.

Why would you "shorten clutch pedal"? You got a size 26 foot???

Rollcage, strut braces, suspension and zorst goodies? Why not!. You wont hide the cage tho.

Straight cut box? Why? You unlikely to produce anywhere near the horsepower to break a stock S/H wrecker box.
Save you money on this and get some decent head work done.

Perhaps look at adapting a decent box to begin with rather than loading that pissy little plasticene box with expensive and unnecessary clobber.

Youve already unloaded about 20 large there so far and Id predict around 130Kw based on your list.

Better rethink it M8. Some dudes get that close to stock!

You need a clear vision and step by step build guide rather than a catalogue style wishlist.
Unless your happy to loose a lot of coin into something that does not deliver.

Speak to ETEEZER/ETEEZN and whatever else he calls himself now and clap your eyes on his mega-bucks build.
And megabucks he spent M8!!!!
It did close to nothing. Produced fairly average power and was slow on the strip. Hes been sulking ever since and mostly lurks on the forum now! Was pretty chirpy back then.
His build appears on paper close to frightening but in reality turned out to be a pussy! Nice looking pussy tho!!!
Huge money not into the right areas.

L8tr
E
Take a chill pill EVAN, my mega bucks build is doing just fine, and for your info im actually saving for a bigger turbo and newer ecu, then im going back to the track....it did close to nothing huh, well how about this, it ran 14.5 at 103mph on only 17psi with an open diff and a soft launch....thats nothing huh....how about 25psi+slicks+turbo+c16 and a locker,will it get into the 11's....oh and average power was 214hp atw on 17psi....pretty average dont you think EVAN considering they came out with 74kw at the flywheel
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

/popcorn
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

Take a chill pill EVAN, my mega bucks build is doing just fine, and for your info im actually saving for a bigger turbo and newer ecu, then im going back to the track....it did close to nothing huh, well how about this, it ran 14.5 at 103mph on only 17psi with an open diff and a soft launch....thats nothing huh....how about 25psi+slicks+turbo+c16 and a locker,will it get into the 11's....oh and average power was 214hp atw on 17psi....pretty average dont you think EVAN considering they came out with 74kw at the flywheel
photoglossy ran a 14.6 on his near standard rrc exa... from memory it was t25g turbo, slightly increased boost and intercooler... standard exhaust even...
in nzd car = 800, turbo setup = 300? intercooler = 100?, boost controller = $50? mike would have to confirm, but yeh, 14.5 isn't that impressive :P
sorry to piss on your party, it's not my intention to cause trouble :)
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
YES-PSI

Post by YES-PSI »

Android 360 wrote:
photoglossy ran a 14.6 on his near standard rrc exa... from memory it was t25g turbo, slightly increased boost and intercooler... standard exhaust even...
in nzd car = 800, turbo setup = 300? intercooler = 100?, boost controller = $50? mike would have to confirm, but yeh, 14.5 isn't that impressive :P
sorry to piss on your party, it's not my intention to cause trouble :)

Well thats great for him....yeah 14.5 isnt too great, but for full street trim, pump fuel, and a very light launch it is a good time,and im happy, considering i can drive it whenever i want, not only at the track

with over 300hp atw's its going to run 11's
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

That's about right Joel haha

800 for the car + about a grand in mods all up (turbo, IC, BOV, S/S Piping) 15psi. I'm sure if i had a working rev gauge and ditched the kellys tyres i could have done a 14.5... haha

But, back to the thread. At least with the sort of mods you say you have, at least you are setting it up for the future, when you should be doing some mods for power. Just seems like you are doing it backwards to what someone would normally do that's all.
chch_n12

Post by chch_n12 »

lol......
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

ETONE wrote:just cut some holes and use some flexible ducting :)

Campbell
wtf??

ever heard of a dry/gel cell battery? no ventilation required......
don't use a lead acid unless it's under the hood.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

They are so expensive tho...