N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

[ EXAPPEALl ] MY N12 EXA

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
[ EXAPPEAL ]

[ EXAPPEALl ] MY N12 EXA

Post by [ EXAPPEAL ] »

Name: Dean Matthews

Year/ Model: 1983 n12 nissan exa

Colour: Tiger mica gold

Period of ownership: about 6 years, 3/4 of that it's been off the road..

Performance: Not tested

Engine Mods: 3" exhaust dump back, afm relocation, k&n pod filter,battery in boot, lots of thing removed mainly to tidy it up, t25g <-- I think , 400x300x76 fmic, vl throttle body...

Interior Mods: standard , bar steering wheel and boost gauge ..

Exterior Mods: resprayed in holdens tiger mica gold, sunroof.

Wheels: et's painted black

Other: lowered with king springs, cutom front strut brace =p, standard rear disc brakes.

Future Plans: install fj20 injectors and v3 wolf 3d ecu .. Coil overs, brake upgrade , stiffen up suspension, swaybars ect.

The story so far:
ive actually had 3 exa's all 83's, i picked up my first one for $300. it was silver over black 2 tone, had an exhaust, 13 inch gold rims, and a shitty pod filter. i tryed to get the thing going but later found it had 2 bent valves and well yeah lol.. searched a while to find a new engine and stumbled along something odd, i found a 'pulsar laprey' i didnt no what it was just it had a nice running e15et in it so i bought that for $400 transplated that into my first silver exa..Didnt have it running for long as i ran into trouble with the law ( snapped second up the street lol) and lost my licence for 6 months and the car was defected...i took it off the road and decided i wanted to build it up... in that time i found my second exa, it wasnt running and also was un regestered but had a better shell than mine and had been resprayed in tiger mica gold, i purchased this for $300. i then found my 3rd exa, it was red and came with some 15 inch rims an exhaust 3 inch dump pipe and a supra intercooler and the t25g/t28 turbo, the turbol.. i then transplanted the engine out of the silver exa into the gold exa and worked from there to what it is now...
Last edited by [ EXAPPEAL ] on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KILNIT

Post by KILNIT »

Pics
new project to start some time this year
[ EXAPPEAL ]

Post by [ EXAPPEAL ] »

Heres a few, there all pretty crappy as they were taken off a variety off phone's lol, will take some better ones when its working again.

BAY BEFORE:

BAY AFTER:

Last edited by [ EXAPPEAL ] on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

ah welcome fellow westerner. I've seen this once on a pulsar cruise a few years ago. Glad you got rid of the massive T wing and other ricey things it had hanging off it.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
[ EXAPPEAL ]

Post by [ EXAPPEAL ] »

wasnt this car mate, there is another gold one floating about perth somewhere and its built buy the guy thats building mine, its got blue mirrors and othe blue bits, right??
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

hmm yeah maybe i know the guy driving it was the owner of that dymatech place. i'd be a bit careful how well he 'builds' n12s. I recall him raving how he was making them run 15 second 1/4s which isn't something id be boasting about.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
[ EXAPPEAL ]

Post by [ EXAPPEAL ] »

he seems to do an alright job, he doesnt like putting big turbo's and going all out engine wise on em cos he hates lag, his a more corners kinda guy lol, he is a rally driver. i'd be happy if my car pulls a mid 14 when all my stuffs on.
[ EXAPPEAL ]

Post by [ EXAPPEAL ] »

ok well, went out to look at my car, to cheak oil and water and when i took the radiator cap off the water was brown, there was like mud oround the outside of the neck of the radiator and on the cap?? wtf?? also, was wondering my car when it goes to hit boost it just wont go, why is this? it just splutters and just wont rev no more. i think the turbo is shot, well the seels are, smoke is coming out of it. also my car blows a bit of smoke when you first start it and when you drive for like five minutes, i think its another sign of the turbo being screwed right??
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

very nice exa bro, very tidy.....

brown shit in radiator neck is probly just from it sittin so long

"splutterin" is probly the ecu plugs, giv em a clean wif electrical contact cleaner and see how that goes, shot turbo shouldnt cause it to splutter like your saying, unless the seals on the compressor side are completly farked..... do you have traces of oil in your throttle body?

if it smoke only wen you first start it, and wen you taking off fom traffic lights etc its probly ur valve stem seals, its normal for turbo cars to blow small amounts of smoke on boost, but if its a fuk load it may be time for a new turbs.......

check for shaft play also, dead give away

nice calais by the way, they 22's on it? my brother has a vn sv5000 wif a 355 stroker on 20's, runs 12.3 et all day long........ restecpa to da v8's in it
[ EXAPPEAL ]

Post by [ EXAPPEAL ] »

oh ok cheers dude. it only smokes until i think it burns the oil in the zorst, then it fine, dunno bout oil in the throttle body.

nar mate only 20's on the calais, i like my v8's but also love the jap side to, im always stuck in the middle of arguments haha, actually selling up the calais to buy a vp senator, i love the shape of the vp and the senator is the shit when it comes to vp, except maybe a vp gts. i love my exa tho, just so much fun to drive, i tried to sell it and people would come look but when they got here i told em it was sold coz i couldnt get rid of it lol.

your bros car soounds mint, tuff as fuk..

Heres some picks of the calais for those who care lol

[ EXAPPEAL ]

Post by [ EXAPPEAL ] »

hey guy's, just wondering if anybody has any round about power figures and a quarter mile time my car should have with these mods

2'5" zorst, split 2'5" dump pipe, afm relocation, k&n pod filter, t28 or 25g, 400x300x76 fmic, vl throttle body and fj20 injectors? cheers
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

hehehe didn't know hybrid made the standard n12 radiators :P
dude take the rims off the commo and put em on the n12 hahaha

very cool looking dude, and im envious of the awesome WA plates eh haha
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
[ EXAPPEAL ]

Post by [ EXAPPEAL ] »

haha, guilty lol, i reakon it looks ok, but shhh dont tell anyone else about it. dont guys have enough trouble fitting 17s to there exas lol, i cant even picture that, someone should get on photoshop so i can see it.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

tub it ;) hahaha

na 17s fit easy dude.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
[ EXAPPEAL ]

Post by [ EXAPPEAL ] »

serious, might have to look into that... do you have any ideas about my above posts?