N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Ryan's 84 ET FINALLY DONE!!!!! PIX!!

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
purplepearl84

Nice

Post by purplepearl84 »

Mate shes looking clean as. where in adelaide you at?? late notice but you should come out to the nissan exa nx cruse tomorro.
http://forum.nissanexa.com/showthread.php?t=48554

not many et owners attend.consider'n the amount of members with ets,would be good to have a suss at such a fine piece of machinery. all are welcome. we get anything show up from n12 n13 u12 even silvia's.
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

can ya give me some firm deets man like time and if its still at west beach or will it be somewhere with shelter so we dont all die hahah
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

I think that if someone offered me $3000, I would sell it.
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

Hey Guys,

I have begun a full rebuild on my 84 ET Pulsar Turbo. The car got a new 700x300x80 cooler with all new piping, new leads, plugs. I bought a set of stock rims in great nick from Android 360 and have an EGI with Rb30 throttle body, all blasted and looking new coming in the mail.

Once I had pulled the stock intake off the car, i started thinking about all the nice shiny new parts im putting on my car and how much the bad paint lets it down.

Then it hit me! It hit me bad! so I lost my mind and made a big decision.

I STRIPPED THE CAR TO A BARE SHELL!

The interior is out, carpet, seats and all.

Doors off, bonet off, guards off, hatch off, windscreen out.

I decided not to remove the engine until I find a good RRC motor to put in but I am not too stressed about painting the engine bay at the moment.

I have a few color options in mind but its tough because I want something that wont get me pulled over all the time but will look great too.

I am open to suggestions!

Here is a pic of the EGI

Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Charcoal grey metallic is a pretty badarse yet subtle colour...

Not real safe, though.

Would you rather be safe from cops or blind old ladies?
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Kimmo wrote:Would you rather be safe from cops or blind old ladies?
Haha well put :p

A deep metallic blue isn't too bad either...
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

hahaha yeah charcoal looks sick. I think i just want it to look clean and new without getting defected every 10 seconds. I have been thinking about white, metallic maroon and a nice grey. its so hard to choose.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

The metallic maroon would look pretty fucken sweet too, but grey can get pretty filthy and beat-up before it looks it. It was easily the best colour my car could have been when I drove it almost 200km with a stove-in roof and my windscreen gaffer-taped in...

As for white... *yawn*
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

Dark mettalic grey for the win, check out audi colours for a colour called Lava Grey Fucking MINT!!!!!

Cheers
Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
BLUE ET

Post by BLUE ET »

nah go that colour that was popular in japan, the hpi r32 was the colour, i cant remember the name but its a deep metallic green but in the sunlight its an amazing gold, looks mad
SHIT JANICE!!!!!!!!!
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

Thanks for the input guys, i am thinking about all your suggestions and ill be doing my homework before i pick a color. I cant wait to have this thing finished, getting a re-trim too. stoked!
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

Well, it has taken 7 months but the serious stuff has begun! Etrider came to my shed yesterday and put in a solid 10 hours to help get the car running. Here is a list of what we had to do.

- Fit standard ET throttle body to EGI inlet manifold. Way too many clearance issues with the RB30 and after much good advice from E, i fitted the standard one and it was perfect! Thanks E :)

- Sleeve PVC valve into the EGI
- Re-run vacuum lines
- Re-run fuel lines and fit fpr
- New breather hose
- T into heater hoses to run coolant to the oil cooler
- Mount throttle cable
- Set up cooler piping
- Got pirtek to make up a threaded hose tail to suit the egi for vacuum.

It was a big effort to get it all done and I cant thank Etrider enough for his help. We turned the key and it started 1st shot! and idled nicely which is weird cos I dont have cold start hahaha.

The car has been moved out of its sleeping place and the rust repair has begun. Should be ready for paint by the end of the week.

I decided to paint it white with an intense blue pearl. I know there are lots of white ones around but its super easy to keep clean and always looks good.

Here are some pics, many more to come over the next few days.

tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Netime M8
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

Started the body work last nigh. My lovely girlfriend Cait is amazing at sanding hahaha. Under the watchful eye of my buddy Kane, we managed to get all the low spots filled and will sand them tonight. Here are the pics.

aubrey

Post by aubrey »

:) any updates ?