N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Sams b11 Pulsar Panel Van Project

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

dexi_styles wrote:Welcome to the forum.

this car looks nice, cant wait for the CA conversion. I like these wheels....

I like the N13 Bar... was it hard to bolt on????
thanks mate, and lets hope the rules and regulations in NSW will let me put a CA in my van :?

And the n13 bar wasnt to hard to fit on, i used the n13 inner bar and removed the brackets and used my original brackers and bolted them to the bar.

The only issue was getting the ends to mold with the wheel arch properly, but i still havnt quite over come that problem, was thinking bout just using that bar is a template then get one fiberglassed to fit the car perfectly but not sure yet :?
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

Android 360 wrote:m8 dont mess around with 16s, go 17x7.5's :D :D
yeh after talking to glenn bout his 17's not being rough im looking more towards 17's now :D
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

i know you can do it. there is a guy down in wollongong, who engineers cars, he was good cos you could sit down and ask him questions about what to do, he would let you do all the hunting of good prices and tell you what would fit... as in brake upgrades and stuff like that, he engineered my brothers KE30 hardtop deluxe Corolla with a 4AGE in it.

Good luck with it all mate.

Cheers,
Dexi
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

dexi_styles wrote:i know you can do it. there is a guy down in wollongong, who engineers cars, he was good cos you could sit down and ask him questions about what to do, he would let you do all the hunting of good prices and tell you what would fit... as in brake upgrades and stuff like that, he engineered my brothers KE30 hardtop deluxe Corolla with a 4AGE in it.

Good luck with it all mate.

Cheers,
Dexi
Thanks mate and yeh i went and paid the local engineer a visit this arvo and i told him what i was gunna do and he checked it all out with the RTA and stuff and said it should be fine, but i have to use the brakes that came out with the CA so that should be the n13exa setup which should be easy to source.

So should be all sweet :D
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

samwdg wrote:...but i have to use the brakes that came out with the CA so that should be the n13exa setup which should be easy to source.
Yeah the guy said all we had to do was put the brakes from the same car the engine was out of OR increase the pedal pressure by 30% and heavy duty pads on it. your best of going the N13 EXA Turbo brakes.. or go the Skyline brakes.. the dual piston brakes, something big enough to stop her on que.
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

dexi_styles wrote:
samwdg wrote:...but i have to use the brakes that came out with the CA so that should be the n13exa setup which should be easy to source.
Yeah the guy said all we had to do was put the brakes from the same car the engine was out of OR increase the pedal pressure by 30% and heavy duty pads on it. your best of going the N13 EXA Turbo brakes.. or go the Skyline brakes.. the dual piston brakes, something big enough to stop her on que.
GTIR brakes apparently fit good too, but for now il just go for the N13 exa brakes and do an upgrade later on.
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

Did some temp rust repair work over the last few days just to keep her alive till im ready to get a paint job.

And found this on another forum, was on ebay over a year ago!

The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I remember that blue van. I'd just got the pink exa and was spewing coz it would have been sweet to carry my band gear in.
I think it was in Tassie or Melb though.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Melbourne,

i even thought about buying for a cool track car!

C
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

UPDATE!

Got some 16" wheels today, not the most stylish rims i wanted, but i they were at too gooda price to let slip :D

Need to get some spacers though... back wheels scrub the inside back of the guards when i go around corners or over uneven ground where ever it may cause body roll :(

Anyway il get pics and get some spacers soon hopefully!
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

man i wish i could get a van in nz :( they are just sooo cool
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

Im not sure if they were imported into NZ or not, you should check around any wreckers and see if they have ever had any. You never know you might get lucky :)
leayr

Post by leayr »

hi why not do a draw throw setup to start with why u save the $$$ to do the conversation and u wont believe the power a carbie turbo can hold with the right tunning there once was a mate of my brother's that had a van like your's that had a draw throw setup that he build in his back yard and it ran 30 psi all day every day and by god it had some balls cheers leayr
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

Got all my wheels on today, fronts dont scrub! But need to get longer studs for the back and spacer plates.

Will need longer studs all round really, cause the nuts dont have to much thread to hold on to as it is, but will do fronts once i get n13 nubs on there!

I need to lower my car more lol.
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

leayr wrote:hi why not do a draw throw setup to start with why u save the $$$ to do the conversation and u wont believe the power a carbie turbo can hold with the right tunning there once was a mate of my brother's that had a van like your's that had a draw throw setup that he build in his back yard and it ran 30 psi all day every day and by god it had some balls cheers leayr
Thats a pretty sweet, would be good to experiment like that. Could either do somthing like that or convince glenn to sell me the jap spec e15et he got sittin in his shed!