N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Dan's TUFFET picture update

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Dan's TUFFET picture update

Post by Ash »

i thought you guy's would like to see how Dan Murphy's ET is coming along. he will be running a standard E15ET for now just to hopefully get his ET running and maybe squeeze in a couple of runs before his trip back to Japan. while he is in Japan his brother Ben Murphy will piece together the serious engine for when Dan gets back. then all it will be go time hopefully. here are the latest pictures of the build.

it will be interesting to see how well all the newly fabricated components work on a standard unknown Km motor.

Ash.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

What they didn't even freshen up the engine? Or head? Urrrgghhhh.
Anyway hopefully we'll see it run again soon.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

looking very serious.....
welded up the hole in the wiper area eh?
i always liked that idea of the air being drawn from there, but i guess front mounted turbo would be way better hahaha.

whats with the radiator mounted behind the water to air cooler? doesnt make much sense lol
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

it's a dedicated strip machine now so as long as it doesn't boil going down the strip i don't think it matters too much anymore. :)

i can't see Dan cruising down the supermarket doing his grocery shopping with this thing anymore! :D
nismoet

Post by nismoet »

ic pipes look awesome. makes mine look overly complicated. looking good.
MR D

Post by MR D »

Hi all,

We got our little car running and finished of most of the fab work before Dan headed back off to Japan. Unfortunately we ran out of time so didn't get on the dyno yet. It is only fitted with a stock engine out of a wreck at the moment so we could get it running and try a few little things out, however it seems to run pretty well and we might even send it down the strip with this engine in it just for a laugh. We will run this combo on the dyno and finalize a few things before I begin to assemble our new race engine that we will run next time Dan is back here in Oz.

The radiator is one we knocked up to try and it seems to cool extremely well. Once the intercooler is chilled it will help the water temp as well, hence the radiator location.

If anyone is interested Dan has edited a vid of the car running when it was first fired up and posted it on you-tube. Here's a link:

Enjoy and thanks all for the positive support and comments over the years.

Cheers Ben.
Life begins @ 30psi!!!
TimmyET

Post by TimmyET »

Woah, man.... :shock:
1. Cut a hole in a box 2. Put your junk in that box 3. Make her open the box
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

I look forward to the dyno video.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Damo

Post by Damo »

Very cool.

Just be careful, I think there is a FULL CUSTOM ET that may take you to the cleaners! :wink:

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

^ :twisted: time to beat, 16seconds
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

^ time to beat, 16seconds
I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to bring this up! Poor Guy(Ettezen). I feel sorry for him. Hard way to learn though.

Car looks great Dan/Ben. Should be great to see it out and about again.

Real quality Engineering in those pix, you guys should be proud!

:)

Darren.
Race it.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Timmzy wrote:
^ time to beat, 16seconds
I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to bring this up! Poor Guy(Ettezen). I feel sorry for him. Hard way to learn though.

Car looks great Dan/Ben. Should be great to see it out and about again.

Real quality Engineering in those pix, you guys should be proud!

:)

Darren.
I have no doubt that his car will go muuuccch quicker than it has, but to expect any street car to replicate the times of a setup strip car like Dan has, your kidding yourself without having at least a 1/3more hp. And Dan's car doesn't look like its lacking in any more mumbo add ons, so to make that additional power Teezer will need some big NO2!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

just a random question
how would the oil drain work with the turbo mounted that low???
sleeper_et

Post by sleeper_et »

Thank you for the comments. It was great to see the car running again.
We just didn`t have quite enough time to make it to the dyno.

We are very keen to see how the new parts work though, in particular the coilovers and the intercooler setup.
When the car does run again it wont be an all out go, we would like to get the suspension sorted out, have some fun driving it and then start to wind the power in (we dont`t know how good the engine is i have a feeling we will run out of fuel injectors).
Once we are happy with how it goes down the track we will put the new engine in and hopefully make some reasonable power.

The oil return is ok, even though the turbo is mounted low, the oil return is still angled down so it drains back no problem.

Cheers Dan
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

is that a gt2876r. well done with the build and the amount of engineering that has taken place with this car,cant wait to see it running

wat size slicks are you useing etc

any specs on the car would be great