N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Ben's 85 ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Panda_ET wrote:the h1's are teh high beam im pretty sure ..lol its too cold to go check on teh n13 lol
i'm happy with the way the lights are workin right or wrong. but the outside light takes a three prong bulb which i had in the old et lights. these have the high and low in one bulb, i used the original et plug which makes the outside lights normal and high beam. then connected the old park lights which were in the sides with the indicator up to the inside lights with the H1 bulb. they are now the park lights.

the only other way i could do it is to get a 3 prong bulb that doesnt have high beam and change the wiring again. CBF

oh and shuddup all ya whingers, i've been wanting to do this mod for a very long time :P :lol:
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

angel wrote:also ill think you;ll find, that even with the filler bar, the hight of the set up isnt as big as the original et light set up. so you may have to raise your front bar, well thats in my experiance
yea i already had about a 15-20mm gap between the std grill and the jetspeed bar. i'll get it on there properly one day, or chuck it out :evil:
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yeh the H1's are high beam they have a different plug to the h4's.
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Bwaaaahahahahah a pair of focussed long range 55w driving lights as "park lights" eh?

Hahahaha flat battery city when "parked"and pissed off oncoming traffic when driving here we come.

Nah M8, the inner lights are driving lights only and are surprisingly good driving lights at that when focussed well!

Just set up a relay triggered off the existing high beam circuit and fed directly from the cars fusible link power supply and connect up the inner driving lights with ordinary spade connectors.

All too easy!

ROFLMAO! "Parking lights" bwaahahahah

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

yeah, i am about 2 do this, just got all ma finishing of bits today, including filler bar from u pull it . . . .

so the inside ones are the high beam lights . . .the the outside are the normal driving lights, makes sense.. . . .well really . . . .the globes are the same wattage . . the only reason its brighter is cos both lights are now on . . . right???

btw . . . i found out that there are two brands, (original (i believe) "Kotto") or something like that . . . . and then the "Hella", which are pretty much the same, except the Hella's have big Nissan badges printed into the glass . . .hrmm, maybe these were the originals?
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Yer Koitto and hella
I have both!

yeah M8 outsides are both high and low beam and the inner lights are high beam only.

Just use insulated spade connectors if you dont have the right connector plug with the lights

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

yeah . . i am not exactly sure how i am gonna wire these up . . . as the original ET light only has one plug . . .gonna have to make up a relay . .or something, i have a mate thats doing an electrical engineering course . .so he might help :D

still . . i took the connector plugs plus some wiring from the lights at U-Pull it today . . .so now i just need to connect up the wires, and then make up that extra bit for high beam, on the inside.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

alright i think i might hide some park lights behind the grill.

i can't talk electrical jargon i just fluke it and make it work, so which relay should i use?
http://www.narva.com.au/Switches_18.html
68004 would be my guess
etking

Post by etking »

i must say benny, i just blew my wad, tokyo drift style....

that looks so farking sweet

can we have some daytime photos? also ones with the filler in?

damn i love this car, im going to say it, my fav n12 on this site, lol only cause mine isnt on here, yet ;)
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

etking wrote:i must say benny, i just blew my wad, tokyo drift style....

that looks so farking sweet

can we have some daytime photos? also ones with the filler in?

damn i love this car, im going to say it, my fav n12 on this site, lol only cause mine isnt on here, yet ;)
ahahah how humbling! it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but yes i like it too :lol:

i'll take some better pics when the
tassuperkart wrote:FULLY SIIIICK MAYYYYYYTE custom filler panel.
is finished
etking

Post by etking »

so your going to fully sick filler setup ... iv seen way before ... it was HECTIC lol goodluck with finshing it off ;)
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

hey mate, i just read over your whole thread . . i dont think i have checked it out before. LOVING IT!

your ET is bomb! whats up with those crazy red seats! sooo unique!

engine bay is neat and looking very professional!

i have a feeling that when this filler bar is on . . .you will have one of the nicest looking ET's around.

i am thinking a trip up to queens land is needed, where abouts in QLD do you hail from?

last time i went up there, i stayed at a hotel in Coolangatta, and then went to a little town called Uki, near Mt warning.

was awesome, loved that place!

SAVE ME JEBAS!
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Rohan 84ET wrote:hey mate, i just read over your whole thread . . i dont think i have checked it out before. LOVING IT!

your ET is bomb! whats up with those crazy red seats! sooo unique!

don't know what they're out of, came with free japanese road maps but :P

engine bay is neat and looking very professional!

nearly finished, multi coils then its done. has changed a bit from those photos again :lol:

i have a feeling that when this filler bar is on . . .you will have one of the nicest looking ET's around.

needs wheels!!

i am thinking a trip up to queens land is needed, where abouts in QLD do you hail from?

central gold coast, 1/2 hour north of coolangatta, east of mt warning

last time i went up there, i stayed at a hotel in Coolangatta, and then went to a little town called Uki, near Mt warning.

was awesome, loved that place!

yeah i've lived further north and in melb, have to say i like it here most. still haven't been to WA yet, gotta check it out
thanks for the comments :D i might take a pic of something that would break your heart but, tore mine right out!
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

ah, ok . . .please dont say ya wrote your car off?

that would suck!

SAVE ME JEBAS!
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

i just finished spraying white stripes down my black indicators, he he, fake jap spec ones :D laughin

SAVE ME JEBAS!