N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

1983 nissan sunny SGX E15ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.

front mount vs top mount (to run with T2/T25 Turbo)

front mount (large and longer piping)
83%
top mount (meduim size and way shoter piping)
17%

Total votes: 18

mad_moose

1983 nissan sunny SGX E15ET

Post by mad_moose »

Car: 1983 Nissan Sunny Sedan SGX
Engine: Nissan E15ET - BRC, Rebuilt T2 with larger compressor wheel (highflowed)from a T25g, Relocated Air Flow Meter, 3" Exhaust from dump back, BPM forged pistons (replaced when rebuilt from engine storage), stock fuel, stock ECU, RX7 S4 Top mount (made into front mount)
Paint: 2-puk Lacquer Nissan Blue
Wheels: 185/60/15's Pretty stock
Interior: Royal Blue and White, needs a repaint, Turbo EXA seats.
ICE: MP3/CD head unit, 6" poineer front, Tweaters/crossovers, Sony Explod 6x9 180watt, 2x300watt amp, 12" Boshman 700watt.
Alarm: shock sensors, imobiliser, 2 kill switches, door sensors, glass sensors and a loud siren!!
Boost: 12psi

http://moth.redirectme.net/
for pics and more info

This is my non-finsihed project :P

photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Hey dude, its mike here, i chatted 2 u a while ago by email!

U sure your T2 has t25g internals...??? The T25g compressor wheel is almost the size of the T2 housing! haha

Difinatly something different ey, not many came out stock turbo'd. Is yours one of the few or did it get a transplant?
mad_moose

Post by mad_moose »

Hey dude, yea I remeber you. Hows it going? Yes it has been transplanted, a guy ripped apart a blown t25g and recon'd my T2, so its the normal exhaust wheel, spools up nice and quick, and the compressor wheel is from the t25g with modified housings (with some grinding too) i think its a 42 or 43mm compressor wheel, so its all made to fit... Its great Iv had no problems with it... keeps up with the t25g's and a mate with a t28 (he doesn't know much about cars tho + he cant drive...lol)
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Going all good dude. Still gotta get the t2 rebuild on my milano...:( Ive had heaps of expences so far tho, like a new windscreen, and now the digital dash has stopped:( But its getting fixed next week and i should have it on the road in the next 2 weeks!

Got any pix of the compressor side of the turbo? i'd live to see how it looks...:)
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I voted for Top Mount, but I should add that I mean a water to air setup!
Just so you've got more to think about.....
Cheers bud.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
mad_moose

pics

Post by mad_moose »

Thought i'd put up some pics, just got a some VR4 injectors and air intake temp gauge... Its awesome!!

One busted T2

Rather Rusty dont ya reckon?

Running V nice on 9psi

Its a boot!! Yup not a ET anymore, you'll be supprised how identical the pulsars and sunny's are.

Look messy, but its running good, few more things done here, new dizzy, leads, coil, and plugs.

T2 / T25g Custom built, ground out inside, 43mm compressor whell, T2 Exhaust wheel. Spools quick and pulls longer :)

I would love to see some more nissan bodies with e15et's, iv seen a few sentras but thats it...

Cant wait to see Bjorn's latest beast in action! Good work! :) or should i say good WOK. lol.

Tim
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

unless your going for a water to air setup, never do the top mount. the heat soak whilst the car is not moving is fairly large..

The reason Subaru do it, is because you cant break the cooler in Bi-Lo carparks cause they have stupid high gutters and wheel stops..

That said... a top mount is great cause you can dump a bucket of ice on top of it, close the bonnet and hoon around for ten mins.. but you cant do that at the track, cause if you drip water, they will bust you..

Front mount all the way...
[ EXAPPEAL ]

Post by [ EXAPPEAL ] »

HEY I LOVE THIS THING LOVE IT, whats happnin with it these days,?? doubt u still got it??