N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Another Dj's Et FOR SALE

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

dj_djox wrote:
Ash wrote:currently on 17psi and click the link for the strut braces.
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3656

Brendon/Boost Truck Racer makes them himself. i recommend them. send him a PM and i'm sure he can set you straight.

:oops: boost is actually on 19psi but haven't turned it back down to 17 yet :oops:
Thanks for that Ash ive sent him a pm :)

whats the highest boost you've run on it, coz ive been toold that they can handle up to 20psi without stressing the engine?

well if you read the small print in my last message it says' mines on 19psi which for my ET is stupid! :oops: i still need to turn it down! i am still running the standard ECU and injectors and so have an inadequate tune per mods and am running out of fuel on boost! not bright on my behalf!!! i will turn the boost down to 15psi tomorrow. plus i am using a T25 ATM :oops:

with all the right supporting hardware and tune then they can handle 20psi but i'd be inclined to run some octane boost in my 98ron fuel to be safe. thats just me though. pinging is a bad thing for engines aswell as people! :D
watch out for Dan Murphy soon and his TUFFET, very tough setup right through! engine and driveline. he will be pushing 35psi+ through his ET! will be interesting.
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

Ash wrote:
dj_djox wrote:
Ash wrote:currently on 17psi and click the link for the strut braces.
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3656

Brendon/Boost Truck Racer makes them himself. i recommend them. send him a PM and i'm sure he can set you straight.

:oops: boost is actually on 19psi but haven't turned it back down to 17 yet :oops:
Thanks for that Ash ive sent him a pm :)

whats the highest boost you've run on it, coz ive been toold that they can handle up to 20psi without stressing the engine?

well if you read the small print in my last message it says' mines on 19psi which for my ET is stupid! :oops: i still need to turn it down! i am still running the standard ECU and injectors and so have an inadequate tune per mods and am running out of fuel on boost! not bright on my behalf!!! i will turn the boost down to 15psi tomorrow. plus i am using a T25 ATM :oops:

with all the right supporting hardware and tune then they can handle 20psi but i'd be inclined to run some octane boost in my 98ron fuel to be safe. thats just me though. pinging is a bad thing for engines aswell as people! :D
watch out for Dan Murphy soon and his TUFFET, very tough setup right through! engine and driveline. he will be pushing 35psi+ through his ET! will be interesting.
yeah i spoke to Dan over the weekend, and he say that with my engine set up and mods, when properly tuned i should be able to run 18-20psi without any trouble :) i likes the sound of that, ill probobly keeep it low boost for a while, driving boost around 12psi and racing gona go to 20psi hopefuly:) i cant wait for TUFFET to come out ive seen some things that they have done to it recently :)
dj_djox

*******CAR UPDATE*******

Post by dj_djox »

Just got a new alarm with remote engine start not sure if we're gona connect the remote engine start, and got new central locking, the car used to have it but who ever owned it before did a terrible job with the wires so a new system is going in :)
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Re: *******CAR UPDATE*******

Post by Ash »

dj_djox wrote:Just got a new alarm with remote engine start not sure if we're gona connect the remote engine start, and got new central locking, the car used to have it but who ever owned it before did a terrible job with the wires so a new system is going in :)

:lol: i think we are very alike. i have had a 2 way remote start alarm waiting to go in mine for the last 2 years :lol: been thinking of getting it in lately aswell. i will hook up the remote start though.

if you do the central locking again make sure don't overtighten the little shaft lock thingy's. they split so easy. :)
dj_djox

Re: *******CAR UPDATE*******

Post by dj_djox »

Ash wrote:
dj_djox wrote:Just got a new alarm with remote engine start not sure if we're gona connect the remote engine start, and got new central locking, the car used to have it but who ever owned it before did a terrible job with the wires so a new system is going in :)

:lol: i think we are very alike. i have had a 2 way remote start alarm waiting to go in mine for the last 2 years :lol: been thinking of getting it in lately aswell. i will hook up the remote start though.

if you do the central locking again make sure don't overtighten the little shaft lock thingy's. they split so easy. :)
haha sum1 would have thot that we've known eachother for ages everyfin i do you have either planned or already done hehehe
my alarm should be going in a fee weeks and centra locking as well (centra locking is quiet easy to install but the wiring diagram is quiet confusing) i got a friend that does that stuff so he's gona come around and install it :) might be getting the dash and center console re trimed same as the seats gota take it all next week to see if the guy can do it :)
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

getting your dash and centre console trimmed? that will be interesting! :wink:
i have thought about doing the same thing myself, but in suede. just not sure if it would actually look that good on an N12 dash? dunno. if you go ahead with it then definitely post up a heap of pics! :wink:

Ash.
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

Ash wrote:getting your dash and centre console trimmed? that will be interesting! :wink:
i have thought about doing the same thing myself, but in suede. just not sure if it would actually look that good on an N12 dash? dunno. if you go ahead with it then definitely post up a heap of pics! :wink:

Ash.
It should look good in ivory seeing as everyfing is gona be covered, it just depents if the guy wants to do it if its not too hard for him to cover everything coz of all the curves,, but we'll wait till next week when i take it to him and hopefuly he saz yes and then ill make sure you guys get a good look at it :)
dj_djox

CAR UPDATE

Post by dj_djox »

Looking for a place to mount the wolf 3d, might attempt to put the ecu internals into the standard ecu box(frame) or other wise hide the wolf and leave the standard one where it is and leave the wires hanging out of it to make it look like it is connected, this way if the car is defected might not have to change everything to how it was before.....

started fitting the injectors today nice fit but still need to get them flow tested.....
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

Ash wrote:getting your dash and centre console trimmed? that will be interesting! :wink:

Ash.
Took the dash to get trimmed but the guy that did the seats said that he has no time to do the dash as it is very difficult and would take forever to do so maybe ill look for someone else to do it or just leave it as it is
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

dj_djox wrote:

Ash.
Took the dash to get trimmed but the guy that did the seats said that he has no time to do the dash as it is very difficult and would take forever to do so maybe ill look for someone else to do it or just leave it as it is
it will cost more money but i'd take it to an upholsterer that has a good track record doing custom interiors (show car type stuff). try looking through a hot 4's or fast 4's or something for car articles with good quality dash trim work and find out who did it?

my guess is that getting a dash done would cost a packet and a half!
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

Ash wrote:
dj_djox wrote:

Ash.
it will cost more money but i'd take it to an upholsterer that has a good track record doing custom interiors (show car type stuff). try looking through a hot 4's or fast 4's or something for car articles with good quality dash trim work and find out who did it?

my guess is that getting a dash done would cost a packet and a half!
nah he would do a good job just that it would take him the whole day just to do that but he hasnt got time got to many jobs and its only him, so we got few other ppl lined up, but the seats are done and they look awsome waz gona take some pictures but my camera went dead as soon as i find sum batteries ill post the pix
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

We got the seats back from the trimmer mid this week and here is what they look like
Nissan logo on all seats
I think the back seats look awsom :)

Also we mounted the cooler, welded all the brackets last nite still need to get some silicon hoses and then we'll fit the pipes

the underneath brackets
and the top bracket
this is what it looks like with half of the cooler sticking under (maybe not half)

Also looking how the turbo will stand not a big clearence on the low mount t28 and the radiator but will probobly have to designe a heat shield around the exaust

Turbo back
Turbo front

and while we had nothing to do with the cooler pipes we thot the 3" would look good as an exaust on my brothers bike

will post more pix of interior as we get it done, should have it put in by the end of next week hopefuly :)
digginganddirt

Post by digginganddirt »

lol with the bike loves those seats all i can say is dam!
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

digginganddirt wrote:lol with the bike loves those seats all i can say is dam!
hehe yeah the bike is a crack up:)

thanks for the coment still waiting for door trims should look like the seats :)
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i like the Nissan logo imprint on the seats. nice touch. :wink: