N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Another Dj's Et FOR SALE

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

Got my custom made front and rear sway bars yesterday
heavy duty 24mm solid front and rear from Industrial Springs (Aurora springs) here in Adel.
$518 for both
will get some pix up soon

they each weigh about 10kg or even more bloody unexpectedly heavy when you look at it.

Nice and darker yellow in colour
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

dj_djox wrote:they each weigh about 10kg or even more bloody unexpectedly heavy when you look at it.
interesting. that sounds like a fair weight! does anybody know how much the standard bars weigh or DJ when you take yours off can you weigh em?
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

yep ill weight both of them even the ones that ive just got i was giving an aprox weight what i thought it weigh as i was holding them but will let you know
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

i weighed the new sway bars they are 7kg each stil prty heavy anyone got stock ones just lying around to weigh as my stock ones wont be coming of untill a month or so
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

need very stiff shocks at the back and still need new springs at the back and geting coilovers for the front

205/40/17 tyres will do, most likely kumho's most people seem to recomend them,

and then i believe all that is left is ecu
i think i have so far everything that i need for the car (except wheels) to put the whole interior together, and engine bay, and exteriour
the whole fuel system (except gauge for the FPR does anyone have a good one? that i can buy off ya) and maybe some more braided hoses and fittings,
need the injectors cleaned and flow tested shall be done in a week or so
need to take the IC piping and both strut braces to get cromed

well im sure well find something that is missing along the way but so far looking prty good cant wait to drive it
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

my brother has left for europe yesterday so ill be looking to finish the whole interior of the car in the next month n a half,

finish the alarm and sound and central locking and take out passanger seat and see whats wrong with it the back is vobbly so maybe the screws arent screwd on properly, put the door trims on and get the cluster printed

outside
get the strut braces chromed, get the injectors cleaned and flow tested, and maybe start installing the fuel system

so than all that will be left is clean up the engine
suspension incl sway bars
brakes

and then the ecu
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

just took of the standard sway bars and weight them each 4kg compared to the new ones which are 7kg each

still have to get new end bushes for the front have the d bracket bushes and i was suprised there are no bushes at the back just 4 bolts 2 on each side

should i change the bolts or just keep them they seem fine drty like everything else
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

havnt posted any updates for a while just been working 14hr days 7 days a week past few weeks getting money together to finish the car :)

ive got few parts if anyone needs them
2 enines one worked one only 80k done from factory
new mls head gasket and new nissan head bolts
among other things
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

got all my pipes cromed they look nice :D and also the strut braces :D will post pix up eventualy
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

its been a while since ive been here been busy havnt had a chance to do anything on the car, the car will get resprayed eventualy as its been siting in the garage for a while now and gotten a few scraches around the place.

ill put some pix up next week.
4ORGDET

Post by 4ORGDET »

what happened no more????? keen on having a look at the car for real didnt kno u lived in SA... me too :) should meet up some time TC :P
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

the car is in the garage nothing has changed except it has no engine and it is full of dust with a mattress on top of it hehehee