N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

kanes n12 exa update 15/1/2017

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Valentich

Post by Valentich »

Kane son... Mr. Miyagi would be proud, Ita isa ana awsomea cara Mr. Kane son sir...

I hear that Takumi Fujiwara's AE86 broke down and he wants to use yours to do deliveries

Man I love it, It sure will pull looks.

You have "koumaru" to be so bold
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

the penciled outline on the undercoat

outline done with paint pen

painting the colour completed

went back over the outline to give a sharper finish, then a quick coat of satin clear to seal it all in.

had a spare series 2 tail light layin round..........

found a rear louver

i will get some better pix of the whole thing, white walls etc later on, heres one to have a geez at tho.

15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

i also roughened up the chequers on the side skirts a bit. i'm in the process of working on a new gear shifter at the moment too.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

what a bloody mess. Love it! :wink: :D
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Lovin the louver!
kid nismo

Post by kid nismo »

that is one ganster of a ride! how are you going to pass rego with "RUST" on the bonnet and boot? can you get defected for that?
martin

Post by martin »

sorry for the stupid question. but why the car's taillights are different?
14.7++psi
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

kid nismo wrote:that is one ganster of a ride! how are you going to pass rego with "RUST" on the bonnet and boot? can you get defected for that?
it already is rego'd.

its only surface rust, and i will be sealing it with a satin clear coat soon, so not to sure if they can defect me for it, its just like having red, blue, black or green. i do still have the bronze bonnet and boot though, just in case.
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

martin wrote:sorry for the stupid question. but why the car's taillights are different?
i had it laying around, thats it basically. if it doesnt cost me any thing and changes the look of the car, i do it.
DillonP

Post by DillonP »

sorry i will go against the grain, you have ruined a very neat example of an already old car, no need to make it look like a dunger.

i know its you and your style / expressionism, but its also going to be a police-magnet with that rust.
Absconded - N14 SR20
Valentich

Post by Valentich »

15exa wrote:
kid nismo wrote:that is one ganster of a ride! how are you going to pass rego with "RUST" on the bonnet and boot? can you get defected for that?
it already is rego'd.

its only surface rust, and i will be sealing it with a satin clear coat soon, so not to sure if they can defect me for it, its just like having red, blue, black or green. i do still have the bronze bonnet and boot though, just in case.

As long as its not structural rust, it’s ok for rego, cops might hassle a bit, but can’t do anything about it, I’ve seen some pretty rooted FC rat rods with rust holes in panels that passed blue slips.
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

fender mirrors are on, will get pics up asap.
sktnz

Post by sktnz »

Hell you have it all going on now.
I tip my hat to ya for the work on the rat painting and love how the rust came out on your boot :]

What paint did you use for the white walls? I have a mate with a Kuda that has been looking for a paint that will stick to rubber well.
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

sktnz wrote:
What paint did you use for the white walls? I have a mate with a Kuda that has been looking for a paint that will stick to rubber well.
it called "white tire paint"......... i will get you the details when i get home
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

15exa wrote:
sktnz wrote:
it called "white tire paint"......... i will get you the details when i get home
http://www.badpennycustoms.com.au/