N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

kanes n12 exa update 15/1/2017

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

cheers ladies.

i need to send my ECU off for a boost sensor re-map.......... 25 psi isnt cutting it for me
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Fucken showoff................................

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

I wish these would be a new update for this car every day... It would make life so much more enjoyable!
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

had a most unpleasent weekend on the cars. was about to do an oil change on it and a general once over, pulled the rocker cover off to check valve clearence and found another 2 outer valve springs broken on 1 & 3 intake valves.

can anybody maybe shed some light on why this may be a recuring problem for me, bearing in mind that i havent once had it over 6k since i had issues last time.....
Damo

Post by Damo »

15exa wrote:had a most unpleasent weekend on the cars. was about to do an oil change on it and a general once over, pulled the rocker cover off to check valve clearence and found another 2 outer valve springs broken on 1 & 3 intake valves.

can anybody maybe shed some light on why this may be a recuring problem for me, bearing in mind that i havent once had it over 6k since i had issues last time.....
Coil bind is what usually busts springs. You can also break them with too much valve clearance. What clearance does the cam recommend?

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

same as factory clearence. Spring binding was my asumption also.
Damo

Post by Damo »

I would have thought whoever assembled the head would have as par for the course measured to check coil clearance at 100% lift (tisk tisk tisk). What springs are you using again?

Damo

15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

yeah thats the thing, i cant imagine he would have over looked that sort of thing. As for the brand, i wouldnt have a clue, and he has gone into retirement and im having trouble tracking him down to find out, i know he got them in from the states, but that means fuck all.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Just check them for yourself, wind the engine over till the nose of the lobe is center of the rocker pad, and check the 'gap' between two active coils at the bottom of the spring. Also double check to make sure they are not tapered, and if so, heavy wire at the bottom light at the top. I can't remember exactly, but you'd want something in the order of 1mm gap at a minimum. Make sure you check all of them too.

Damo

15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

found some left over double springs from my first cam/spring combo, gonna wack them in, see how it goes....
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

really wanna put the group C kit on the bomber till the race car is ready?????????????

wot yous rekon????
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

15exa wrote:really wanna put the group C kit on the bomber till the race car is ready?????????????

wot yous rekon????
Do it but DON'T TOUCH IT!
By though it, I mean... Modify the kit

Oh and give it a little scrub up.

Got it?
Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

got a bit done, slanting the bottom of the cooler back to give the bar clearence, shold be fairly straight foward, just need to make up new bottom brackets and shorten the side lengths of cooler pipes. trimed out the parker/indicator holes and other holes roughly, and neatened up the bottom edge of the guards.

these are the counter sunk washers i will be using to mount the bumper to the reo bar.

thought yous might like to see this too, finished it yesterday, still have to add the rust runs......

Limit-R

Post by Limit-R »

Don't mean to thread mine but I remember first seeing this around 2007-08 at Harry's one night and thinking that's a nice clean Exa. It was just grey then. But back then I'd wanted an Exa for a while.

I headed to the 2011 jap nats with a mate of mine in his old school two tone Laurel and saw what is now The Bomber. I couldn't believe how far the car had come since I had last seen it. Absolutely loved the number plate flooring.

Its a real credit to yourself, your skills and the time you've out into it. Can't wait to see how your other projects will turn out.
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

thanks mate :)