N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

kanes n12 exa update 15/1/2017

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

nice little vid. looks like you had some good fun on the track.
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Looks like an ET got beaten too! :twisted:

Nice vid. Great to see the EXA running! :D
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Looks and sounds tough as fuck : )

PMSL at the wannabe monster truck on a tarmac circuit... and what was with the stance on that VK?!
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

looks like u had a good time at powercruise eh!
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

Kimmo wrote:Looks and sounds tough as fuck : )

PMSL at the wannabe monster truck on a tarmac circuit... and what was with the stance on that VK?!
that hilux had a vortex blown 308 V8, was fuckin sik as, had twin radiators mounted up under the tray on an angle........... loved it.....

that VK, that was just him getting into it..........

i will try and get some footage from my brothers camera of my car from a different perspective.
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

Android 360 wrote:looks like u had a good time at powercruise eh!
sure did.............

you guys would have pissed yourselves at me on the friday at powercruise.... after arriving at the camp site i popped the bonnet to check fluids etc, and realised the starter motor was hanging by 2 or so threads of one bolt (because the thread pitch on the gearbox i changed on the wednesday night at the gate was different)..... so i tied the starter down with some rope so i could do the first cruise session,,,,,,, funny as fuck...... gotta see if some one got a pic of it. then i went and got a heli kit and fixed it up.
Damo

Post by Damo »

15exa wrote:yeah i was wieghing up my options today..........

i looked into getting a brand new genuine nissan gear set (one that i know hasent been flogged by 17 yo P platers over the past 25 years), but there are none in existance any more...... only thing you can by NOS is the input shaft and cluster shaft, which total over $1400.

i heard the N13 option isnt real good for drag use coz of the ratios? spose it wont hurt to give it a go aye..........

took my diff to diff lappers today to get locked up too, should get that back by friday..........

any one else got opinions on the N13 internals idea. my main concern is the 300hp its gonna be trying to put to the ground in a few months time
Don't bother with new N12 gear, go straight for the N13, they are stronger! N13's weigh a good 150kg more than the N12 and had a LSD as an option, they would have had to be stronger.

As for the ratio's, you'll be crossing the line near on 6k in 4th, all good.

Mines taken near on 300 engine hp for a fair while and NEVER had a prob. Mind you, thats without a locker!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

Damo wrote:
15exa wrote:yeah i was wieghing up my options today..........

i looked into getting a brand new genuine nissan gear set (one that i know hasent been flogged by 17 yo P platers over the past 25 years), but there are none in existance any more...... only thing you can by NOS is the input shaft and cluster shaft, which total over $1400.

i heard the N13 option isnt real good for drag use coz of the ratios? spose it wont hurt to give it a go aye..........

took my diff to diff lappers today to get locked up too, should get that back by friday..........

any one else got opinions on the N13 internals idea. my main concern is the 300hp its gonna be trying to put to the ground in a few months time
Don't bother with new N12 gear, go straight for the N13, they are stronger! N13's weigh a good 150kg more than the N12 and had a LSD as an option, they would have had to be stronger.

As for the ratio's, you'll be crossing the line near on 6k in 4th, all good.

Mines taken near on 300 engine hp for a fair while and NEVER had a prob. Mind you, thats without a locker!

Damo
yeah thats gonna be my next thing to do, i got one more good N12 gear set left, im gonna wack them in with the locker and see how it goes.....

also i heard you can not use the N13 lsd as it is physicaly larger in size and will not fit in the housing......
Damo

Post by Damo »

Yea, the N13 LSD won't fit! BUGGER.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
sleeper_et

Post by sleeper_et »

Video looks pretty cool, from the look there might have been a couple of disappointed holdens there.

I dred to think how much a brand new genuine gearset would cost if you went that way.

I think the biggest difference between the gearsets is probably the final drive. 4.17 or 18 from memory it will take a bit of load off.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

15exa wrote:
Kimmo wrote:that VK, that was just him getting into it..........
O_O

Fuck me, that's some pretty persistent acceleration... know if he had the suspension set up for drags?
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

Kimmo wrote:
15exa wrote:
Kimmo wrote:that VK, that was just him getting into it..........
O_O

Fuck me, that's some pretty persistent acceleration... know if he had the suspension set up for drags?
i'd say he must have
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

sleeper_et wrote:
I think the biggest difference between the gearsets is probably the final drive. 4.17 or 18 from memory it will take a bit of load off.
4.11 i believe
sleeper_et

Post by sleeper_et »

http://www.pulsar.org.au/images/specs/n13-13.jpg

Have you got any more plans for your car?
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

sleeper_et wrote:
Have you got any more plans for your car?
yeah theres always things to do...........