N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Baz's Exa

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
baz

Baz's Exa

Post by baz »

Name: Baz
Year/ Model: 1984
Colour: Black then painted green
Period of ownership: had it nearly 2 years, recently sold it

Performance: Never Dyno'd

Engine Mods: 280/300/76 Intercooler, 2" piping, AFM on cooler piping, Welded of log

Interior Mods: 2" boost gauge, T25, RPM Tacho, 2x 6" speakers in front, 2x 6/9" in rear, Pivot turbo timer

Exterior Mods: Custom Lime Green, Solex locks, Rolled front & rear guards, Lowered king springs in rear, Cannon

Wheels: 17" Chrome Twisters

Other:

Future Plans: Possibly buy it back if it ever becomes for sale in the future

When I bought the car:

DAY I GOT THE CAR:

PAINTING PROGRESS PICS

Image <--- didn't tape up the car because I was sanding it the next day so there was ALOT of over spray :P

RANDOM BITS

My first paint job, Not buffed as yet:

NOW BUFFED:

AFM relocation before intercooler went on and bigger turbo

Last edited by baz on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 35 times in total.
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Nice low k's... looks pretty good in black too... dunno about the random red bits, though; looks a bit fussy for my taste. Your seats are in bloody good nick, too; I wouldn't have bothered with the covers, myself.

Still, each to their own. You're gonna love it when it starts performing like it should. It should already go pretty well with the AFM relo... have you done a compression check, etc, and made sure all is as it should be?

Pretty sure you should be running a plumb-back BOV with the standard ECU too; it'll be overfueling every time the BOV vents to atmo.
baz

Post by baz »

When the bov's plumback is it as loud?..any sound difference?
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Quieter, I believe... never run a vent to atmo one, and my plumb-back ain't working yet; need to get the right kind of solenoid for my electronic set-up
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

The plumb-back ones should be near to silent. The vent to atmo ones increase the amount of hydrocarbons your car releases to the atmosphere (not very green) by letting crank fumes escape and increasing your fuel use without increasing the burn by making the ecu think its using more air than it is (by a little bit). And they can make those stupid noises which is really what sh!ts most normal people.

C
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Put a whistle in the plumb-back hose if you want to shit people ; )
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Kimmo wrote:never run a vent to atmo one,

bah to that! :roll:
baz

Post by baz »

vent into the atmo FTW :P

etking

Post by etking »

save your money up and a microtech, best mod you can do, then vent to atmo without any trouble at all
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

etking wrote:save your money up and a microtech, best mod you can do, then vent to atmo without any trouble at all
umm not exactly. microtech or not, venting to atmo will fail an epa test and the coppers can request you to do one. Legally you'll also have to have the map and mods certified for road use by the epa if you install a microtech. Up in vic the going rate I last heard was $1600+ plu $400 for any retest, and this is just the EPA testing part, not the dyno tuning. So nothing is that simple.

C
ronald_r32

Post by ronald_r32 »

pfffft we are from tassie. cops have no idea about things like that down here haha.

Oh and external gate+screamer FTMFW
etking

Post by etking »

yeah fortunately for us down in tassie even if we had those rules they are not upheld, if your car looks decent they usually leave you alone and are not interested in looking over your car unless you give them a reason to
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Ash wrote:

I meant I've never run a vent to atmo one.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Kimmo wrote:
Ash wrote:

I meant I've never run a vent to atmo one.
ah see see. coolz :wink:

i have never had the cops ask me to pull the bonnet so lucky me for now. i reckon my VL's non BOV flutter is almost as loud and more prone for attention. :lol:

personally with running a BOV on a standard ECU equipped E15T, i find by running the standard pipes with no BOV i get massive hold back between gearchanges! but with the cooler pipes, cooler and BOV reconnected it's great between gearchanges! no surges, deadspots just nice clean changes with boost coming in quicker. BOV FTW
baz

Post by baz »

I'm not really fussed if cops full me up and wanna check under the bonnet, and then get me for the bov etc..i just wont pay the fine or what ever they give to me because i think its all bullshit and they can all go eat a dick as far as I'm concerned lol..they prolly already eye me off because im a "p" plater and has a turbo sticker on either side, but i don't drive like a retard and let the bov go off in them stupid busy areas, knowing my luck i will get caught lol..vent to atmo FTW