N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

turbo sedan

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

haha they upped the boost 1psi for a 3kw gain then had to deal with surging on throttle lift off :lol:
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i think i actually like the sedan version to the hatch! it looks pretty nice. how much do you want for yours dude? :D
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yeh the first one was a top lookin sedan i rekon!!! and i have that article somewhere I gotta find it so i can upload all the N12 article i have(its the only 1 i havent found so far)
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
turbo sedan

Post by turbo sedan »

thanks for that photoglossy, well pulled down the motor......bad news, the exhaust valve had snapped and pretty much ruined the whole motor...
so i will try and find a motor to get it going, if i can i will tidy the rst up and make a blow by blow thread :D
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

BennyET wrote:haha they upped the boost 1psi for a 3kw gain then had to deal with surging on throttle lift off :lol:
The article says the ET and Exa had the same driveability problem, and I remember it well. It required a pretty specific technique to avoid...

They say the ECU needs to be reprogrammed to fix it, but that was obviously before anyone had done the AFM relocation mod... once I'd done it to mine, all that shit was pretty much out the window, including the tendency to stall.

Surprised they blamed the ECU, rather than the 1.5m or so between throttle and AFM...
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Kimmo wrote:They say the ECU needs to be reprogrammed to fix it, but that was obviously before anyone had done the AFM relocation mod... once I'd done it to mine, all that shit was pretty much out the window, including the tendency to stall.
was there a power difference between the rrc and brc? i don't think i've ever seen a totally stock rrc engine bay... but i'm guessing the inlet tract is much shorter
Kimmo wrote:Surprised they blamed the ECU, rather than the 1.5m or so between throttle and AFM...
yeah might have been ok on a 3L 6. e15 just doesnt breathe enough.
on the rrc all the log sensors are mounted to the plenum itself. both engines came from japan in crates, so why the different inlet designs? emissions? aren't the japs tighter than us?
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

RRC was a later version of the engine
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com