N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

WHTBIX...Updated **56K Warning**

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
WXTBIX

Post by WXTBIX »

Boost1n-Et, i think they are nexen or something like that. Ill confirm.

Well, did some more tonight and i finaly feel like its getting somewhere. The bog is starting to get applied. There is a fair bit of work to do because the room rippled when i welded the rust holes up. Ive worked out where the coolers going so now its just a matter of doing the stainless/alloy pipework. Here is a coulpe more photos, and ill take some more of the shock towers to show how to relocate the dampers inboard 10mm.

Note the welded seams, wanted it to be a smooth contour

The reason for the 90degree alloy bends is due to the lack of room for the reducer hoses

The ripples in the roof all bogged up

Till next time
WXTBIX

Post by WXTBIX »

With exam for uni fast approaching, the build slowed dow some what. More bog onto the car, with more sanding came more small rust holes that needed to be welded.

So not alot has been happening. Bought a head unit, going to run some splits on the front a couple of amps, rewire all of the internal electrics (very messy at the moment), wire in a new alarm, a few more mods on the rear suspension/getting the 17's to fit nicer, turn up some thinner spacers.

Then get the cooler hooked up. I think the rest of the bogging/sanding could be done in a day or two, then itl be time to spray. Hopefully it should be completed in about 6 weeks.....I HOPE.

Kris
angel

Post by angel »

WXTBIX wrote:With exam for uni fast approaching, the build slowed dow some what. More bog onto the car, with more sanding came more small rust holes that needed to be welded.

So not alot has been happening. Bought a head unit, going to run some splits on the front a couple of amps, rewire all of the internal electrics (very messy at the moment), wire in a new alarm, a few more mods on the rear suspension/getting the 17's to fit nicer, turn up some thinner spacers.

Then get the cooler hooked up. I think the rest of the bogging/sanding could be done in a day or two, then itl be time to spray. Hopefully it should be completed in about 6 weeks.....I HOPE.

Kris
yeh uni exams are stopping me from working on my baby
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
WXTBIX

Post by WXTBIX »

Headunit arrived, and am ordering a black widow alarm off ebay tonight. Ive turned into a bit of an ebay whore. haha.

Only six more days until the work begins again, and to tell you the truth, the old man cant wait...not to get the car done, but to get it out of the garage. So the vee can get back in!!!

If anyone has a spare cam gear lying around, pleeeeaaaassseeee let me know and a price as well, im going to make a couple of adjustable ones, maybe for sale later on if it works well.

Cheers,

Kris
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

WXTBIX wrote:
If anyone has a spare cam gear lying around, pleeeeaaaassseeee let me know and a price as well, im going to make a couple of adjustable ones, maybe for sale later on if it works well.

Cheers,

Kris
Jimmyet46 on nissanexa.com sells adjustable cam gear. If you are interested here's the link :

http://forum.nissanexa.com/showthread.php?t=24247
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
WXTBIX

Post by WXTBIX »

Ta for the link, but with a lathe and mill in the shed, its cheaper to make one. Trying to do this with as little expense as i can. I was initially loking at around $1.5k to respray, and cooler, etc, but is going to be more like $2k mabe $2.5k.

Cheers,

Kris
ETEEZA

What do you think?

Post by ETEEZA »

WXTBIX wrote:Name: Kris
Year/ Model: 1984
Colour: Burgandy
Period of ownership: 2 Years

Performance: Who Knows

Engine Mods:
Stroked 1.5lt to 1.7 lt
Forged pistons
Balanced bottom end
Custom exhaust Manifold
RRC Inlet (jap intake)
T28 Turbo
FJ20 Injectors
RX7 Intercooler
Microtech MT-8
2 1/2 cooler piping
16psi standard

Interior Mods:
Late model interior
Autometer Boost guage
Larger sawy bars
Lowered - more to go

Exterior Mods:
- Front Bar
- Rear Bar

Wheels:
- 17" Gold Mags to go on 205-40-R17
- Currently et wheels

Other:

Future Plans:
- Guard flare/roll
- Respray (Currently)
- Twin dumps either side
- Carbon rear wing/air box
- Bucket seats
- Custom rear cage
- Carbon strut bars front and rear
- Stereo
- Lilyput tv to go in
- Steeringwheel upgrade

Pics:
I think the car is sweet,good reliable ET turbo....though i noticed something in your pic,that looked like it can get modified,and get better airflow through the runners.... CHOP the plenum off,USE the import runners (with a little porting),and MAKE a custom chamber...??? just an idea
WXTBIX

Post by WXTBIX »

That will happen when I rebuild it. But im thinking about making a completly new setup, new runners internal bellmouth, ill have to do some flow analysis first to come to a 'makable' concept. But it does the job for now...

Kris
WXTBIX

EXAM ARE OVER FINALLY!!!!!! FOREVER

Post by WXTBIX »

Well after a long delay away from the car with uni exams/assignments comming out of my arse, i finally got back into working on the car. The car is getting increasingly closer to be primed and the doors are really the only panels that need to be finished (small dints to fill and some panel beating)

The cooler is mounted...I picked up the top mounts off the bonnet latch bolt holes, and thats come up nice. So once i finish the second reducer, and modify the endtanks, i can weld it all up and then all that is left is the stainless cooler piping (still need ss filler rod!!!)

The gear shifter is still to be lengthened by 20mm, but ill check if it is going to hit the exhaust, i think this was a problem for someone else?

Also, has anyone fitted 6.5" speakers to the rear, where the original 4' ones were, Can it be done, and how did it / would it sound?

Im also replacing all of the speaker wiring, and tidying up the majority of wires with some condut.

Ill post some more pics soon...

Cheers

Kris
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

^^about mounting 6.5" speakers in where the factory 4" speakers go, not really, unless you have really shallow 6.5"ers. and i think it was wes that had the gearshifter/exhuast problem? :twisted: nice et man! i can't wait to see it resprayed. :D
dahurldog

Post by dahurldog »

Your car is fuckin sweet - Im running a similar setup, but with a GT25, and am looking at running 19-20psi. Just wondering what power figure you are getting. I should have mine running that boost in about 4 weeks after i do my LT8, injectors and fuel pump mods.

Cheers
Hurls
WXTBIX

Post by WXTBIX »

Hurls,

I havnt had the car dyno'd yet. I am getting a stage 4-5 cam done and have a spare head im going to port n' polish, bigger valves etc. Once thats on the car, and a larger fuel pump ill dyno it. I am looking for around 180-200kw at the wheels. So far i havnt seen anyone pull big power out of a stroker engine. With the current nakeup of my engine i would expect 160-170kw on about 16psi.

If anyone has dynod a stroker, with a larger turbo, let me know.

Cheers

Kris
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Nates old Turbo Astra (now in WA) has a stroker job with forged pistons. That made 320 something HP atw's on 24psi (from memory) using a gt25 turbo. It was also running around 8.4:1 compression ratio.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
dahurldog

Post by dahurldog »

things are sounding good to me - sounds like there is a massive power band with these engines - some dudes with similar setups are getting from 100-180kw. what gives?
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Its all in the tune and the fuel used...