N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

G'Day From a new member

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
BOOSTIN

G'Day From a new member

Post by BOOSTIN »

G'Day fellow n12 nuts :D Just thought i'd intro my self as i just joined this site... have been on nissan exa club for a while and heard a lot about this site so thougth i'd join up. I have had a couple of exa's but my current one is the ex- Prospool exa. I've done a fair bit of work to it to bring it back up to spec but goes pretty good now. Thats about it i guess for now hope to see some of you guy's oput and about. :)
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

Welcome to the group BOOSTIN.

I remember a few pictures getting around of a red Exa with Prospool down the side, I think it was from Brissy. Is that the one? Going by the pics it look like a really nice Exa.
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

So do a thread on it, dude... give us pics and specs and shit
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

bloody nice car! it was for sale for ages!
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Linkage, at least?
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

G'day BOOSTIN, welcome to the forum mate!
If your Exa is the red one with the white rims, then you have a sweet car there mate.
Get some pix and spec up as soon as ya can.

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Catch Ya round.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
BOOSTIN

Post by BOOSTIN »

My car is the ex pro spool exa. Was owned by a local guy who didn't really have the know how to fix it properly so i picked it up for a reasonable price. After owning it for a week the head gasket went on it. On pull down of the engine realised one of the previous owners had welded the wastegate actuator so it couldn't move. This ment me popping my headgasket at around 22psi, as the needle on the boost guage was past 20...
So after a few greasy nights in my carport i got the head back on was tested and faced, got a new turbo from Bill at ATS he did me up a steel wheeled turbo one of the twins off a 300zx not sure Exactly what size it is looks like a t25G with the bolt on flanges on the intake and boost outlet. have done Quite a few other bits and pieces to it too to get it back up to spec and relaible as there were a few wiring issues with it. It goes bloody well these days on a boost setting of about 17-18 psi. It still has the log in place and is using the std airbox with a crappy paper element. Even with that is still manages to put a smile on my face every time i drive it. I have a jap manifold to go on shortly too :). I have some pics at home that will go up shortly. All the rice on the out side is gone now as it was attracting a bit of unwanted attention. Looks like a neat street car now rather than a full on show pony type car. Just replaced the rubber too got GT radial Champaro's i think they are called 195/45/15 and they stick bloody well wet or dry.

Cheers for the warm welcome. You'll see a bit of me around the place i'm always out and about in the exa, already chatted to a couple of members off this site who have stoppped me at servo's etc. but can't remember the names.

As far as specs go i'll try to the best of my memory and to what i have been told it has.

*T25G Turbo new with steel wheel
*2200lbs clutch ( still to confirm)
* turbosmart bleed valve
*2 1/2 inch exhaust
* custom dump pipe 2 1/2 inch
*engine bored out to 50 thou oversize
* Uses RB30T injectors ( still to confirm)
* RE adjusted AFM
*pedders shockers with ma70 supra King springs (very firm ride) but handles very well
* 15x6.5 speedy hyperfang alloy's
* all vac hoses silocone
* an exa bodykit front and side skirts
* custom pro spool intercooler

All the interior gadgetry was removed proior to me getting it but i have some sterio gear back in there now.

To come......
GReady turbo timer
Whiteline rear sway bar
Vented disk's for the front to replace solids
Disk rear conversion to go on
Jap manifold to be put on wich i have already
Picking up a spare car soon so i can build a hot motor and a better gearbox.. mine are ok for the moment but i know at close to 20 psi it wont last forever...
Last edited by BOOSTIN on Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

300zx turbo is a T2 exhaust side with a T25 compressor, so same sorta lag as a T2 and not quite as much puff as a T25G. Good simple turbo anywhoo
BOOSTIN

Post by BOOSTIN »

The turbo has a lot more lag than a T2 this turbo starts to spool at about 2800 rpm and doesn't really get going till 3000rpm it is bigger than a t2 cos a std t2 dump wouldn't fit properly and a t25 flange did hence the custom dump. I'm going to have to go see bill at ATS and ask him exactly what it is i think.[/img]