N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Ash's ET. 56k destroyer

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Ash's ET. 56k destroyer

Post by Ash »

Name : Ashley Shearer
Year/ Model : 1984 ET Turbo
Colour : standard ET blue
Period of ownership : roughly 5 years

Performance : great when it's going right :oops: :D

Engine Mods : blueprinted / balanced bottom end, standard crank, standard rods, ACL duralite pistons, stage 4 Camtech cam and matching Camtech performance valve springs, Racetec adjustable cam gear, crack and pressure tested head, ported head, matched ported intake & exhaust manifolds, knife edged internal plenum, spaced and throated plenum, RB30E throttle body, 2" intercooler piping, Garrett T25G turbo with a T25 turbine housing, Hybrid GT spec 450mm*300mm*80mm intercooler, Turbosmart type 2 vee port blow off valve, Bosch MEC 717 coil, Bosch 040 fuel pump, Malpassi adjustable rising rate fuel pressure regulator, lightened flywheel, Exedy heavy duty clutch, standard gearbox and a 2/5 inch straight through exhaust with 1 straight through muffler. Polyurethane engine mounts.

Suspension Mods : Koni adjustable shocks (all round), King low springs (all round), BTR adjustable front strut brace and solid rear strut brace.

Interior Mods : Momo trek R steering wheel, Momo R3000 pedals, Isotta phanter shift knob, Isotta serie 478 leather handbrake cover and handle, Momo endurance gearboot, custom Gauge cluster face. re padded and upholstered seats, reupholstered door trims, new black carpet, blue neons under dash and front seats, led multi coloured and function lighting system, reupholstered parcel shelf, hatch release solenoid and central locking.

Stereo : JVC Mp3 headunit, Earthquake 6'5" coaxes in the front doors with boss tweeters in the dash window vents, crossovers under the front seats, Earthquake 900w 5 channel amp running the front speakers and sub, an Earthquake 12" in a ported box.

Exterior Mods : pretty standard for now. Sparco bonnet pins. Tinted tail lights. some stickers / thief advertisements. standard ET side skirts and rear skirt also to be resprayed and installed.

Wheels : 17"7" ASA wheels

Other : a few parts i have for the car but haven't put on yet, 2 way remote start immobilizer alarm. Greddy full auto turbo timer. i have an E16 crank for my spare block so i will make a stroker bottom end for my ET.

Future Plans :
Garrett GT2860RS, probably a Microtech LT8S/10S? stroke to 1.7, upgrade the sway bars, nolathane throughout the suspension, respray whole car, upgrade the braking system and general sprucing up of the interior.

quick clip of it running after replacing another head gasket. tappets REALLY needed adjusting as you will hear!

and these are just some Photoshop stuff around colour changes.
Last edited by Ash on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:36 am, edited 32 times in total.
KILNIT

Post by KILNIT »

Still looks nice Ash
new project to start some time this year
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Dude!

What?

Where?
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

sorry Kimmo. i promised Matt/Panda ET i wouldn't tell.

i still haven't put it in the car yet. i just couldn't care at the moment. i have a head gasket to fix in it again! damn mechanic using the old head bolts! shifty bastard! i'll do it myself this time round to make sure! anyone know ARP's number? :wink:
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

et.turbo.dude wrote:sorry Kimmo. i promised Matt/Panda ET i wouldn't tell.

i still haven't put it in the car yet. i just couldn't care at the moment. i have a head gasket to fix in it again! damn mechanic using the old head bolts! shifty bastard! i'll do it myself this time round to make sure! anyone know ARP's number? :wink:
arp dont make them for the e15et, i know i tryed when i rebuilt mine, there only like $80 from nissan
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

BQ.05.TD wrote:
et.turbo.dude wrote:sorry Kimmo. i promised Matt/Panda ET i wouldn't tell.

arp dont make them for the e15et, i know i tryed when i rebuilt mine, there only like $80 from nissan
really. well that sucks! ahwell back to Nissan for me then. i might still ask ARP just incase though, their reputation is pretty good.

cheers BQ.05.TD.

Ash.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

latest news. i've just had my head crack and pressure tested, reco'd, new Nissan head gasket, head bolts and washers, another exhaust manifold ported and machined up, the wiring loom tidied up in the engine bay and the cam advanced. all the work has been done by a dude that used to work down at ProMaz and is apparently pretty good so i hope when i pick it up tomorrow it'll all be up to scratch!

new pics soon.

Ash.
KILNIT

Post by KILNIT »

Sweet News Ash..Its About Time
new project to start some time this year
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

just a random question but has the pic in ur avitar been in a mag befor??? im sure i seen it in a jaycar book or somthing
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

GO ASH GO ASH your da man if mine ever goes ill have to come over and cruise round with ya
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
TURBOET

Post by TURBOET »

pics of the vl plz.. i love et's but i love vl turbo's aswell...

nice et by the way
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

he tried posting the VL but the anti bogan filter stopped the pics

:P j/k ash
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Panda_ET wrote:he tried posting the VL but the anti bogan filter stopped the pics

:P j/k ash
ROTFLMAO! good one Matt. :lol: :lol: if it weren't for it being boosted it would be a real bogans car! i don't really like VL's though.

and about my engine being in a Jaycar mag, Karl/Joof showed me the picture you'd be thinking of and to me it looks exactly the same! i think it was in the EBC instruction booklet? it might be mine from ages ago when an automotive machinest in Melbourne owned and originally built it up? when i get the chance next i'll try hopefully remember to ask. it's a full on dead spit! freaky?:?

anyway heres some pics of it. theres 2 things that really bug me about it and they are the front nose being bashed in a bit and the paint being rather shite! other than that it's ok. it goes a lot better than it looks!
Last edited by Ash on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

well i picked up my ET today and am pretty happy with the work. it's running fine, the timing has been retarded a bit and will stay that way for the time being. other than that it's all go go go. i'll hopefully have it back on the road registered next week if all goes well with the roady and rego. then a lot of shit will be going on once it's registered again!

Last edited by Ash on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

finally! yay. damn its straight man, nice clean original body. LUV IT
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.