N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Ash's ET. 56k destroyer

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

tassuperkart wrote:Epic FAIL!!!!!!!
E
i disagree. i tried very hard to cause that much damage! epic WIN :D :lol:

japcrap i'm not sure what your actually measuring with your cams? and the springs aren't hard to fit. and it really depends on where your engine will be making it's power till and how high you want to rev the poor thing?
japcrap

Post by japcrap »

Ash wrote:
E
japcrap i'm not sure what your actually measuring with your cams? and the springs aren't hard to fit. and it really depends on where your engine will be making it's power till and how high you want to rev the poor thing?
i measured the lobes with a vernier caliper. is it worth getting an aftermarket valve springs? i just want a nice powercurve
Nature makes only dumb animals. We owe the fools to society.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

japcrap wrote:
Ash wrote:
E
i measured the lobes with a vernier caliper. is it worth getting an aftermarket valve springs? i just want a nice powercurve
it's up to you dude. how high do you plan on revving the fucker? and is it going to be making high end power?
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

well it hasn't been a year since my last update but fuck it. not much has happened. the engine and gearbox are out, the spare bottom end is ready for some head, the Exedy HD clutch is near on fried and would be a waste of time putting back in so will need a new one. the spare gearbox is sitting waiting patiently, the spare head is minus it's cam and springs and the munted head is also minus it's cam and springs.

i just need to buy a new Exedy clutch (bit of an Exedy fan), a set of valve stem seals (ones in spare head are hard as rock), a set of head bolts and a head gasket.
as soon as i acquire the parts i will throw it all back 2G4 and then she's back on the road.
between working on a mates soon to be T04Z'd Gen3 VX, my VL and work i don't have much time for the ET so progress is slow but is happening.

here is a cam comparo just out of interest.
stock cam on left and Camtech stage 4 on right. I can't remember the duration and lift on the stage 4 but you can see the difference.
japcrap

Post by japcrap »

hey ash are you using stock valve springs or a 186 double valve springs? i f you have the 186 are you able ( or anyone) to tell me the part number so i could order some for myself.
Nature makes only dumb animals. We owe the fools to society.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

nah i have a set of 186 springs with my old stage 3 cam but am using Camtech valve springs with the stage 4 cam.
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

still one of the neatest ET's on the site, bring on the day shes back on the road. goodluck mate. all the best.
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Rohan 84ET wrote:still one of the neatest ET's on the site, bring on the day shes back on the road. goodluck mate. all the best.
thanks man. it's all slow going ATM. just money issues as usual. too much debt and bills and not enough money. looking at going over to WA for the obvious.........
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Ash wrote:it's all slow going ATM. just money issues as usual. too much debt and bills and not enough money. looking at going over to WA for the obvious.........
Darn, I know how that feels... have the same problem ATM. :cry:
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash