N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Ash's ET. 56k destroyer

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

ok, so you getting head or? lol you better not be holding out on me man! remember our cars are twins! what happens to yours happens to mine. your ET gets head then so does mine. that way it's fair! :D
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

Ash wrote:ok, so you getting head or? lol you better not be holding out on me man! remember our cars are twins! what happens to yours happens to mine. your ET gets head then so does mine. that way it's fair! :D
Then you better get a head (for your car) oh and some gaskets two lol all i need now is the bolts that the dog ate lol
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

et_rider wrote:
Ash wrote:ok, so you getting head or? lol you better not be holding out on me man! remember our cars are twins! what happens to yours happens to mine. your ET gets head then so does mine. that way it's fair! :D
Then you better get a head (for your car) oh and some gaskets two lol all i need now is the bolts that the dog ate lol
i got a head for my car. as a spare. just gotta work it over later on then throw my gear at it (not my junk!) lol i also need to get a gasket and some head bolts. but my advantage is i don't own a dog! :D how did your dog eat bolts? does it have a hydraulic jaw and titanium teeth? :lol: imagine those bolts coming out it's ass! eww
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

Ash wrote:
et_rider wrote:
i got a head for my car. as a spare. just gotta work it over later on then throw my gear at it (not my junk!) lol i also need to get a gasket and some head bolts. but my advantage is i don't own a dog! :D how did your dog eat bolts? does it have a hydraulic jaw and titanium teeth? :lol: imagine those bolts coming out it's ass! eww
i have no idea mate one day there were there then the next gone
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

kid nismo wrote:i've installed solid engine mounts on both left and right side of the engine bay. I've never looked back since! :D
Does it stop axle tramp?

How's your NVH now? (Noise, vibration, harshness)
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Always remember, those mounts are not the last word. Dont get too excited about them.
Going solid there would mostly reduce up and down movement of the engine transmission which is WHY the stock mounts are made as they are.

Most guys say they are really cool because nothing actually got WORSE after they fitted them (apart from increased NVH)!

Those engine mounts apart from suspending the engine/gearbox actually work more in a rotational mode.
The engine pretty much just twists around them on power/decell.
Stiffening them up with solid mounts does not really alter a great deal apart from adding to noise and some extra vibes into the cab.

I suppose you could work out the fundamental resonant frequency of the engine/trans and then factor in the increased springing given by the solid mounts...........perhape we wont!

Its the fore and aft engine mounts with those funky little shockies that allow the engine to rotate and reworking THEM would be the key to reducing/eliminating tramping, IF tramping is a problem.

The conventional engined boys attack this by adding torque rods off the side of the head somewhere to the chassis somewhere to limit/dampen engine twisting.

I spose they look a bit tricker.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I reckon the A-arms on our struts have a bit to answer for; they're missing one foot of the A.

Could use radius rods or something, IMO
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

alright. update time.

i installed the custom gauge cluster ages a couple of months back. just slack with the camera.

i also installed a hatch release solenoid,

i received BADET-4's tinted tail lights this morning.

before,

middle comparo,

and after,

now i will have to wait till after christmas before i get it back on the road.
etking

Post by etking »

loving those tail lights alot
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

bro your car is rad but those tail lights have ruined the back of the car. Stick with the others as these make it look cheap. Just my opinion, each to there own. :)
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Ryan ET wrote:bro your car is rad but those tail lights have ruined the back of the car. Stick with the others as these make it look cheap. Just my opinion, each to there own. :)
man thats cool. it is a big difference! i see where your coming from about making the car look cheap. although these cars are cheap :D i just have a thing for tinted tail lights. they probably won't last long on there once the ET is back on the road anyway :oops:

cheers etking :wink:
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

etking wrote:loving those tail lights alot
you could buy mine and tint the crap out of them Josh ;)
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Let's see a shot of the dash at night!
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Kimmo wrote:Let's see a shot of the dash at night!
no battery innit ATM sorry.
BADET-4

Post by BADET-4 »

I like those tail lights! Glad you like em Ash. (now sell me your rims lol...)

Passhole (păs'hōl') The person who has been driving slowly for ages but speeds up the moment one tries to get ahead of him.
Sarchasm (sär'kăz'əm) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.
Ignoranus (ĭg'nə-rā'nəs) A person who is both stupid and an arsehole.