N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Ash's ET. 56k destroyer

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

et_rider wrote:yer but the ford isnt 27 years old with out a rebuild lol, i dont know how may kms myne has done, the odometer stopped at 195000 lol and i think it only went though so much oil because i was sitting on 110 kmhs witch is revving pretty high with a three speed auto and a slightly different diff lol
pretty good effort! :wink: my ET is 25 years old, has a bit over 200,000kms on the clock and has had like 2 rebuilds and probably will have another soon! ouch!
et_rider wrote:yer man im hoping to head up that way when the car is done and if the missus lets me lol
i will have to start stocking up with some beverages and barbeque meat then! :wink:
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

ok. to start. yes my ET is still with me and not in a scrap metal yard! i had lost interest in it for a while after the last lot of drama's i had with it. blown head gasket me thinks and hopes. by the sound of it i'd say it is blown between cylinders. but i won't know for sure till i pull the head off. which will happen soon.
i have another head on the way to really work the shit out of! and just throw my cam, adjustable cam gear and springs into it. but for the time being i will use my current head unless i find a crack in it. which will be my second head! :?

i am finally installing my 450mm*300mm*80mm Hybrid GT Spec intercooler. i have had this thing waiting in the cupboard for over 2 years! :lol: i will try and mount it all nice and neat behind the grill and bumper but probably will have to cut the bumper and front skirt a little to fit it. but first i need a couple of slimline thermo fans. which i will buy in the next week or so.

and another project that has been waiting over 2 years in a cupboard, my custom gauge cluster face. i just need to rub back and polish the rest of the face plate then install the cluster face and calibrate the tacho and speedo for it.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Android and Mike/Photoglossy must be motivating me. just not too their extreme. i am still actually interested and working on my ET.

and here is a fresh engine mount,

now for the other side......

for those who have been running these solid polyurethane bushes, how are they coping so far? any cracks evident?
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Good to see your getting back into it again. Hope it treats you well this time.

PLEASE don't cut the front lip..... If there is any way around it you should do it. I cringe whenever I see a cut lip. But in the end i guess its not up to me...

Who did you get the solid mounts off? I remember someone selling them, but cant remember who.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

photoglossy wrote:Good to see your getting back into it again. Hope it treats you well this time.

PLEASE don't cut the front lip..... If there is any way around it you should do it. I cringe whenever I see a cut lip. But in the end i guess its not up to me...

Who did you get the solid mounts off? I remember someone selling them, but cant remember who.
cheers Mike. i really don't want to chop the lip but might need to slightly trim the top of it. i will not mount the cooler down through the lip!!! i want it to look half stealthy but still have some sort of airflow through it.
i have had my break from the ET and have found the motivation i need. i am really REALLY SICK of driving my shitheap EA Falcon shitkicker!!!

i bought the mount bushes off BennyET. cheers to Benny.

Ash.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

bushes look good installed! there are a few small air bubbles in them is that why you're worried they might split? i though the same but realised it's only a small percentage of them and they're on the outer.
maybe some 32gtr style holes in the bumper will get you a bit more airlfow to the cooler, but i reckon you're trying to stay as stock body wise as possible yeah
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

BennyET wrote:bushes look good installed! there are a few small air bubbles in them is that why you're worried they might split? i though the same but realised it's only a small percentage of them and they're on the outer.
maybe some 32gtr style holes in the bumper will get you a bit more airlfow to the cooler, but i reckon you're trying to stay as stock body wise as possible yeah

hey Benny. the air bubbles worry me a little by showing the polyurethane wasn't mixed up the best but it is only a slight worry. worst comes to worst they crack and i install standard mounts back in place. no dramas. but i think they will be fine for a fairly long time.

holes in my bumper is definitely not going to happen. i am thinking along the lines of using a small deflector plate above the cooler behind the grill to direct some airflow down across the face of the cooler behind the bumper. with my old small MR2 cooler there was basically no airflow because it was all hidden behind the bumper. no wonder i was having major detonation drama's with lean fuel air ratio's, most probably a pretty hot intake charge and too much boost! LOL.
bigger injectors and an aftermarket ecu is on the cards for before christmas! i just need to work out what size injectors and what ECU? Microtech LT8S/10S or an Adaptronic? i will have to chat to Evan some more about the Adaptronic i think.
SirET

Post by SirET »

i love your et ash it is so clean
how have you been? long time no speak
ryan
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

SirET wrote:i love your et ash it is so clean
how have you been? long time no speak
ryan

cheers Ryan. it isn't all that clean though, ask xr6eta. filthy! i have been flat out lately! just work work work! i don't get much time to work on my cars anymore. although i have been doing a bit on them lately.

how have you been? i haven't noticed you on the forum in quite a while?
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

Ash wrote:for those who have been running these solid polyurethane bushes, how are they coping so far? any cracks evident?
I was lucky enough to get the first set of n12 ones to test them out and they are still going strong!
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Android 360 wrote:
Ash wrote:for those who have been running these solid polyurethane bushes, how are they coping so far? any cracks evident?
I was lucky enough to get the first set of n12 ones to test them out and they are still going strong!
good to know. thanks.
kid nismo

Post by kid nismo »

i've installed solid engine mounts on both left and right side of the engine bay. I've never looked back since! :D
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

Ash wrote:
et_rider wrote:yer but the ford isnt 27 years old with out a rebuild lol, i dont know how may kms myne has done, the odometer stopped at 195000 lol and i think it only went though so much oil because i was sitting on 110 kmhs witch is revving pretty high with a three speed auto and a slightly different diff lol
pretty good effort! :wink: my ET is 25 years old, has a bit over 200,000kms on the clock and has had like 2 rebuilds and probably will have another soon! ouch!
et_rider wrote:yer man im hoping to head up that way when the car is done and if the missus lets me lol
i will have to start stocking up with some beverages and barbeque meat then! :wink:
Aww yer got some work done to it last night actully.....pumped up the rear left tyre again to move it out the way so i could get in the shed lol
then i gave it a hose down as i was to lazy last time i pumped the tyre up and didnt put the tarp back on lol
then i got a beer and got my chair out of the shed sat it in were it goes on the drivers side and just sat...sat and sat...this was a very good bonding time and havent done it for a while felt good had a tear of joy at the memorys that came flooding though lol

Damn car :twisted:
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

funny you mention that man, i pumped my tyre up last week. :D i sat in the back of mine just to see what the back seat actually feels like. pretty cofertable actually. probably not when it's on the road though. how is your head? you should have it back by now yeah man?
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

Ash wrote:funny you mention that man, i pumped my tyre up last week. :D i sat in the back of mine just to see what the back seat actually feels like. pretty cofertable actually. probably not when it's on the road though. how is your head? you should have it back by now yeah man?
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Not Telling :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You have to beg
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600