N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

B12 - probably a bit alone on this forum?

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
wildgeese

Post by wildgeese »

Kimmo wrote:Any chance of a billet N12Turbo radiator cap, Nige?

: p
To do "homework" as I call it at work requires a free machine that I can set on inbetween jobs, and I also have to do it when i'm not being paid. As long as these conditions are met the boss has no issues at all with me doing stuff.

Problem is only free time I have to do homework is Saturday mornings. :( Which isn't a lot of time to set, program and run off the part depending on how complicated it is. So ideally I'd like to keep the build to parts I can get readily and perhaps make minor modifications to via work.

Info though, I'll be happy to give. :)

B12 is based on the N13 chassis, except the styling is more like the N12, in my opinion anyway.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Homework.
Makes a whole lot more sense than what we call it when we do stuf like that....
Foreign Orders.
Where the hell does that come from?!??!?!

Anyways, I like the shape of your car, reminds me of the Subaru Vortex.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
wildgeese

Post by wildgeese »

Just came across an unused M45 Eaton supercharger off a Cooper S, good for 230bhp.

So I bought it. :oops: :lol:
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

The Renegade wrote:Homework.
Makes a whole lot more sense than what we call it when we do stuf like that....
Foreign Orders.
Where the hell does that come from?!??!?!
Foreigners come from outside :D that what we call then too.

The Renegade wrote: Anyways, I like the shape of your car, reminds me of the Subaru Vortex.
Ohh don't say that, I'm not fond of the Vortex, I think they got the proportions a bit wrong....

C
wildgeese

Post by wildgeese »

Not-broken rear light cluster in:

Also swapped over to a new secondhand not-broken bumper, which took a while as the metal frame inside the new one was rusted away and had rounded off bolts, so took both bumpers apart, cleaned up and painted my current frame to prevent future rust, and then put the new plastic outer onto it:

Have installed the Whiteline camber kit, on the "race only" negative settings, doesn't appear that extreme though.

Ordered 4 x Toyo Proxes CF1's for the Nurburgring on 20th October, as no way am I taking the remoulds on track again after the previous delamination issue...

Intend to purchase a front ARB and braided brake hoses + decent fluid before the trip aswell.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I'm pretty spewing how our cars are from that fugly time when bumpers weren't separate items from the bodywork, but weren't integrated yet, either... the Pulsar didn't fair too badly, the B11 there has it about half as bad as the Exa... : (

Prolly look okay in the body colour, though... looks like they might be made of sturdier stuff than the horrid floppy warped thin plastic excuses for bars on Exas
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

wildgeese wrote: Have installed the Whiteline camber kit, on the "race only" negative settings, doesn't appear that extreme though.
Yeah, thats more of a liability statement, 'cause it wear your tyres irregulalry. Make sure you get a good wheel alignement and don't just give it the "she'll be right" measurement.... can make a big difference to how a car feels to drive, and how fast it corners and turns in.
wildgeese wrote: Ordered 4 x Toyo Proxes CF1's for the Nurburgring on 20th October
if the budget allowed the toyo R888 or the T1Rs would have been a little better, ohh, do you use this as a daily driver?

And I'm very jealous, I love how close everything is over there and I'd LOVE to do the Ring! Have you done it before?
wildgeese wrote:Intend to purchase a front ARB and braided brake hoses + decent fluid before the trip aswell.
At the Ring I think you really will want good fluid and pads! I'd be looking for DOT5.1 -NOT dot5- and as a minimum EBC kevlar Black or TRW/lucas 600degC pads but better if you can get GreenStuff or better....

Good Luck and I can't wait to hear the results....
wildgeese

Post by wildgeese »

Callumgw wrote:
wildgeese wrote: Have installed the Whiteline camber kit, on the "race only" negative settings, doesn't appear that extreme though.
Yeah, thats more of a liability statement, 'cause it wear your tyres irregulalry. Make sure you get a good wheel alignement and don't just give it the "she'll be right" measurement.... can make a big difference to how a car feels to drive, and how fast it corners and turns in.
wildgeese wrote: Ordered 4 x Toyo Proxes CF1's for the Nurburgring on 20th October
if the budget allowed the toyo R888 or the T1Rs would have been a little better, ohh, do you use this as a daily driver?

And I'm very jealous, I love how close everything is over there and I'd LOVE to do the Ring! Have you done it before?
wildgeese wrote:Intend to purchase a front ARB and braided brake hoses + decent fluid before the trip aswell.
At the Ring I think you really will want good fluid and pads! I'd be looking for DOT5.1 -NOT dot5- and as a minimum EBC kevlar Black or TRW/lucas 600degC pads but better if you can get GreenStuff or better....

Good Luck and I can't wait to hear the results....
I spent 2 days getting the camber adjustment right, kept taking it out for a drive when I adjusted and feeling how the car drove etc, but once the new tyres arrive and are on, I'm going to get the whole thing aligned by a garage with the lasers to make sure it's good, I don't wanna scrub off a new set of tyres because I've made a mistake somewhere.

But having taken it out this evening I'm very happy with it, the turn in is a lot sharper and it seems to stick a lot better when cornering than it used to. :D

R888's were in my size, but out of budget and as this car is also a daily drive; a bit impractical. CF1's will be good for the winter months coming up.
Couldn't find T1-R's in my size, and I plan to get some 14 or 15" wheels anyway, so the CF1's will do me fine for now, they'll be better than the Yugoslavian remoulds that it's currently wearing... :lol:

Current pads are "fast road" Black Diamond ones, and I'm very happy with them, they're so much better than the previous ones, whatever they were (they glazed over the first time I braked hard). :roll: They're also very cheap (£20) and I keep a spare set in the car just incase they do fail, but I have a lot of confidence they won't for a while. Already planning to go for DOT5.1, was recommended Motul RBF600, at least I think that's what it was, I shall look into fluids next weekend when I come to purchase.

Have done the 'Ring before yes, but only as a passenger/photographer, been going 3/4 times a year for the past few years, and this'll be the first time for me behind the wheel. Luckily over the past trips I've had so many passenger laps I know the track - by that I mean I know where it goes, I know the layout, which will be very helpful. I still won't know all the bumps and surfaces like some of the experienced drivers though, so I'll be taking it easy. :)
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Don't forget the Pic's, or better yet in-car video!

C
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

*spoot*
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

indeed, an in car video of you driving the ring . . . . .hmmmm. very nice!
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
wildgeese

Post by wildgeese »

The marshalls ban you for the day I think if you're caught videoing in the car...

I'm sure there'll be pictures of the car on track though. :D
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I'd duct tape my phone behind the grille or something ; )
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Most newer Video cameras have a video input, so you plug in a small video camera, like this:
JayCar Bullet Cam

or you get one of these:
SanDisk VMate
and plug in the camera, so for ~AU$350 you'll get some pretty good incar angles....

Another opton is one of these, but they cost more....
Elmo SUV Cam

I'd make sure it's well mounted and wouldn't hand hold one though.

C
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I wonder why that link tag didn't work...?