N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Sohcturbs ET E15et Build

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Sohcturbs

Sohcturbs ET E15et Build

Post by Sohcturbs »

Hey guys,

After the fuel pump post i thought i'd start a bit of a thread here.

I got the car for $500 from my mate with the standard e15et ecu connection issue fixed it and was fine. Later changed the suspension to kybs front and gab's in the rear (it was hard getting the suspension in New Zealand) and kings lows all round. The ride is terrible but it handles okay and 10 times better than the shagged factory equipment it had.

Then did the afm relocation which included a spaghetti can somewhere in it and whacked on a greddy filter. Had the between gear surge so fitted a greddy type rs blow off valve but disconnecting the TPS seemed to fix this.

One cold night i thought i'd give it a blast with the waste gate disconnected.. big mistake knocky piston reared it's head. I ignored the knocky piston and installed a modified rx7 series 5 cooler mounted where the battery, after the relocation to boot and piped air from the bumper up to it and lifted the rear of the bonnet with the t2 12 psi and a hot day it ran a best of 15.6 but seriously overheating.

The piston is still knocky and time to do things properly as i've been involved at the drags i thought it was time to rebuild with the intention of only drag use in the future. That gets us to today and the planning stages of the build.

The intention is to have a car that runs 11's can be driven on the street although a pig and aiming for 350 hp at the fly.

The setup is planned as follows:

Turbo
Garrett GT3076R turbo
Knock off 44mm wastegate
Exhaust manifold to suit turbo and wastegate
Custom dump pipe
Seperate exhaust pipe for waste gate
2.5" mandrel bent exhaust (has this at current but will make a side dump exhaust)

Block
Forged pistons
Shot peened standard rods
Bore and hone
Crack test of components
Recondition and polish crank as the snout is a bit messy
Balance to 8,000 rpm

Head
Custom cam - working on specs
Double valve springs
Adjustable cam gear
Standard valves with 3 angle job
Port polish and matching of manifolds

Gearbox
New bearings
Custom clutch may go twin plate..?? still to be confirmed

Fuel
In tank bosch pump 500 hp
CA18DET injectors plus two staged 700 cc injectors (hopefully will give some road driveability)

Electronics
(Was keen to go microtech but all the add on's made it too expensive)
Link G3 + 5 Bar map sensor
Seperate coils
Link ignitor
Link boost control

Intake
Greddy filter
Greddy type RS BOV
2.5" piping
Water to air intercooler with ice resovoir

Probably missed some things but thats the plan and slap it together and see what happens. If someone can let me know how to post pictures up here i will add these of the car and the turbo.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers,

Dan
{TUBZ}

Post by {TUBZ} »

powwhhh pics bro
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

nice list PICSORBAN lol

mmm GT3076R thats what i woulda liked to mount on mine hahahaha want gunna happen need some drivability
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

where in nz are u ???
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Looks like imma have some competition :)

Race for 10's is on soon, then 9's :twisted:
Probably missed some things
Injectors?
Surge tank?
Why not go custom intake manifold. They will flow SO much better and you should be able to get a decent one made up for $500!
May want a 3'' exhaust with 350bhp
If you are coing with a wild as cam 8000rpm should be well within its range. Ypu will probably find that with such a big turbo it will want to make power beyond this.

Will be following your buildup with great anticipation!

For hosting pix use www.imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com. Load them up from your computer then post the html code it generates into your message.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I was gonna say get an nice inlet made up with a big plenum, I'd guess you're already going to have headers made for the turbo, and definately go for a 3" exhaust.
But Mike beat me to it so I won't.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Sohcturbs

Post by Sohcturbs »

Thanks Guys,

I will get some pics up as soon as i get some batteries for the camera. The charger karked it..

Making up a nice exhaust manifold shortly as the gt3076R has a t3 flange a new one needs to be made anyway. Nothing too complex nice short relatively same length runners and the wastegate pipe. As i'll be running a seperate wastegate exhaust i think the 2 and 1/2" mandrel should be fine but will monitor. Probably will use a side dump for the drags so it won't be an issue.

Injectors i'm either running two banks of ca18's of which i have one set or one set and then two bigger (700ccs) further up before the runners divide.
Will also be manufacturing an upper half of the intake plenum. Probably go with the over the rocker cover design as i think it's a good design but lengthen the upper half and put the throttle further up to make a nice funnel for the intake.

The cam will be pretty serious to match the turbo so probably at the drags rev it to 8,500 or 9,000 fingers crossed. After further thinking i think i'll just get a set of cast pistons as at least if i melt a piston it's the cheapest part of the whole build... the forgies are ridiculous cos they have to be custom pieces..

See what happens...trying to keep the mechanicals to 10g and then panel and paint with rust removal is 3,500 back to original colours maybe the nissan kit.

Cheers,

D
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Sohcturbs wrote:Thanks Guys,

I will get some pics up as soon as i get some batteries for the camera. The charger karked it..

Making up a nice exhaust manifold shortly as the gt3076R has a t3 flange a new one needs to be made anyway. Nothing too complex nice short relatively same length runners and the wastegate pipe. As i'll be running a seperate wastegate exhaust i think the 2 and 1/2" mandrel should be fine but will monitor. Probably will use a side dump for the drags so it won't be an issue.

Injectors i'm either running two banks of ca18's of which i have one set or one set and then two bigger (700ccs) further up before the runners divide.
Will also be manufacturing an upper half of the intake plenum. Probably go with the over the rocker cover design as i think it's a good design but lengthen the upper half and put the throttle further up to make a nice funnel for the intake.

The cam will be pretty serious to match the turbo so probably at the drags rev it to 8,500 or 9,000 fingers crossed. After further thinking i think i'll just get a set of cast pistons as at least if i melt a piston it's the cheapest part of the whole build... the forgies are ridiculous cos they have to be custom pieces..

See what happens...trying to keep the mechanicals to 10g and then panel and paint with rust removal is 3,500 back to original colours maybe the nissan kit.

Cheers,

D
Where in NZ are you dude?

Pulsar Parts dont ship internationaly... so getting an ET kit is hard. I had to get dad to bring one back with him on the plane about 6 months ago, so im all sussed :)
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

ahhhhh, gotta love living in Oz! hahaha. sorry boyz.

(sounds mad m8 )
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

Rohan 84ET wrote:ahhhhh, gotta love living in Oz! hahaha. sorry boyz.

(sounds mad m8 )
lol nz has its good bits ........... egi manifolds :P
Slack

Post by Slack »

Hey dude, I would sugest building a ice box intercooler for this setup. You will need to keep intake temps down to an absolute minimum if you want the thing to last at 30+ psi. They are simple enougth to build, just get a couple of small intercoolers like a standard gtst cooler, run them in parallel inside a sealed box and fill with ice.
exa velocity maxim
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Note the 'sealed' part... you wont be allowed to race if there is any leakage!
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Was good to meet you the other day mate!

Looking forward to some E15 battles in the future :)

Oh, and if you want a Milano wing like you were saying i could possibly part with my spare one for the right price.
Sohcturbs

Post by Sohcturbs »

Hey guys,

Got sick of trying to load the photo's up so made a car domain page. Check it out it's still pretty basic but will progress as the build progresses.

Thanks for the offer Mike, might take you up on it later in the meantime gotta get stuck into the engine. Good to catch up with you guys too. Stripping the spare head in the weekend then the cam and pulley are off to get sorted so I can then start cleaning up the ports on it.

Cheers,

Dan

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2915179