N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

new ride almost finished

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
alias

Post by alias »

yea stroker 1.7 plus 30 over, 1.6 crank conversion, sorry no pix. hehe.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

alias wrote:yea stroker 1.7 plus 30 over, 1.6 crank conversion, sorry no pix. hehe.
dang 110thou over paper thin block lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
alias

Post by alias »

dang....is 110 thou over even possible without converting 4 round pistons into one funny shaped one. how did you come to that conclusion??
ETEEZA

Post by ETEEZA »

Panda_ET wrote:
alias wrote:yea stroker 1.7 plus 30 over, 1.6 crank conversion, sorry no pix. hehe.
dang 110thou over paper thin block lol

sounds like a serious engine.....but how much BOOST can you run through a BLOCK that is that THIN....anything over 20psi in that engine would be dangerous....or so one would think
alias

Post by alias »

not running boost, non turbo atm,block aint that thin i dunno what you guys are thinking, but 30thou over size is a large bore, but does not make the block paper thin.20 thou is pretty standard for oversizing.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

alias wrote:not running boost, non turbo atm,block aint that thin i dunno what you guys are thinking, but 30thou over size is a large bore, but does not make the block paper thin.20 thou is pretty standard for oversizing.
the 1.6 cranks doesnt make it 1.7 litre, u need 1.6 crank + 80thou overbore to make the 1682cc soo 30thou over that would make it 110 would it not? i take it uve got the 1.6 crank +30thou that makes more sense which i think makes it 1629cc??. cos i was gunna say theres been a few wanks on here quoting 1.8litre which would need i think i worked it out as 1.6 crank + 180thou( 4.5mm roflmao) overbore to come kinda close lol

I think ive worked it out right lol maybe not evan will quickly slap me if im wrong lmao

oh and mate im not having a go just tryin to work shit out in my head here i was thinkin 110 is a hell of a lot to take out lol

yeh mines just 40thou and a mates was 60thou (grit from head rebuild run thru engine ouch)
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
alias

Post by alias »

well yea, so i thought till now it was 1.7, but now i know diff if your correct. 1.6 +30 over.what ever that is.
alias

Post by alias »

but hey i just realized there is a thread on the home page regarding internal mods and it states that by using the e16 crank from a 86' + model n12, gives you the 1680cc stoker. so can someone please clear this up for me and everyone else who may be wondering too.,
and if panda is right why in that link it says nothing about having to need 80thou over for the e16 crank to produce the 1680cc.

Got me wondering now???
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

really classy interior, what is the stripy stuff called? got a closer pic?
it looks like carbon fibre lol
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

alias wrote:but hey i just realized there is a thread on the home page regarding internal mods and it states that by using the e16 crank from a 86' + model n12, gives you the 1680cc stoker. so can someone please clear this up for me and everyone else who may be wondering too.,
and if panda is right why in that link it says nothing about having to need 80thou over for the e16 crank to produce the 1680cc.

Got me wondering now???
the kit involved 80thou overbore pistons. That used to be sold came with forged pistons 80thou over

the E16s and E15et have the same bore sizes so just the E16 crank is 1597 over the E15et 's usual 1488
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
etturbs

Post by etturbs »

any idea of power output? whats she go like?
tearing apart adelaide one suburb at a time
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

etturbs wrote:..............whats she go like?
I'd guess a cat with a 9V battery in it's ass....
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
alias

Post by alias »

not sure, i havnt had it on the road for a test drive yet :(, but im hoping to get it out in a few weeks and open her up,. i expect a very quick car, with brand new guts, a blueprinted top and bottom and 4TBs should push the shit into my undies quickly. hehe, kinda like a cat with a 9v battery in its arse..........i suppose.