N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Kimmo's '85 Exa - reincarnated!

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Started replacing the loom today, had to rip the shit out of it... should've got a shot of it together before I started.

Image Image

Done up to the engine bay. Gotta figure out why my left headlight doesn't wanna fire...
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

So I finished installing the loom... and she fired.

Got indicators, got reversing lights. Though now no wipers for some reason : (

Also no left headlight still (which I was expecting cause it stopped working while the original car was on the road), and still no demister.

Which I wouldn't mind so much... except the fucking ignition is still intermittent. It worked a bunch of times at first so I thought I was sweet, but then it just stopped happening out of the blue, dammit. No amount of wiggling connectors on the ECU or behind the dash seems to make a difference...

Fucken three steps forward and two back happening here.

At least it only draws 4mA when it's switched off now.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Turned out the wiper motor was dead; used my old one FTW.

Didn't look at the headlight... but somehow now I have no high beam, except for the momentary one when you pull the stalk o_O ...I'm starting to think the stalk might be on the way out...

For some reason the demister circuit didn't have power; I just bridged some juice from an adjacent circuit and now that's happening. Although now the warning lights come on with the accessories : / Fuck it.

Swapped the good struts in too.

And - found the source of my ignition drama - dodgy connector from the CAS.

Took it for a spin... seems to work pretty good. Pretty stoked that these CVs are sweet; this was the first time I was able to give em a try. Brakes don't feel warped either... hopefully they're still thick enough.
PAC_ET

Post by PAC_ET »

keep up the good work
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Oh yeah, the clutch is fucken shagged; it can only handle like NA power.

When the turbo kicks in at 4k, it gives up the ghost.

Will that matter for RWC?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Nope.
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Sweet, it'll do for now : )
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Tried my mate's 18s on : D

n12sumfin

Kk

Post by n12sumfin »

Fark yeah, definitely looks the goods, big difference from 13's
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I've got the ET rims, so it currently wears 14s.

I like the style of these rims (I'd prolly have em in a dark grey), but 18 is a bit OTT - the way I drive, I prolly CBFed with anything bigger than 16, cause I like to fly at speed humps and shit... I'd be too worried about bending a rim with these. And the prices on the tyres... forget about it.
n12sumfin

kk

Post by n12sumfin »

depends on which tires you use, i like the Achilles tires cost $139 for a 16" or 159 for an 18" even 189 for a 20", i have a tendency to like them as they are a little on the softer side and a grip well.

makes your car look heaps like that blue one that was featured in hot fours all those years ago.
congers87@hotmail.com

Post by congers87@hotmail.com »

Nice work my two tone brethren. Just don't roll this bastard
Mortein kills 99% of household bugs. Chuck Norris kills 100% of whatever the fuck he likes.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Yeah... after all this yakka I have a feeling Murphy will stalk me for a while... it'd be perfect Murphage for my beast to be written off like two weeks after I get it on the road...
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Kimmo wrote:18 is a bit OTT - the way I drive, I prolly CBFed with anything bigger than 16, cause I like to fly at speed humps and shit...
Sounds just like me driving! I hate speed bumps, they are completely useless and force people to slow down even though the traffic situation wouldn't require a slow-down. IMO they just clog up the traffic. But the 18-inchers do look good! 8)
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
baz

Post by baz »

Scrape like a bitch with 18's yeah?..When I had 17's on my exa it use to scrape & it was with 205/40's..But if it works for you that's cool..Bigger the better
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute