N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Kimmo's '85 Exa - reincarnated!

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Waiting on a price for the 1" version now... reckon I might be able to persuade the irrigation solenoid to work if I'm clever enough, though...
j0of

Post by j0of »

ill give u a tip. i work for mitre10 the 1' version we have is 29.95 any more than that and there rippen ya. were in melb are ya, i work in heidelberg if your close enough, u should come get one.
FEAR THE N12 FURY!!!.....
More kick than a goat on crack

Mods Done:
3" zaust turbo back, EGI Manifold , Lowered, 20% tint, Japspec Stearing rack, ,intercooled, hypergear tr28kai, suede lether intereor, Electric blue repsray, 16's, koni shocks all round, whiteline sway bars, strut brace, microtech with quad bosch coils.
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Geez, I reckon that's the go... they want $170 for that one...
j0of

Post by j0of »

mate i can get ya 1 for 29 bux. i think the route of your problem isn't the size though, i just took it apart to see how it works, ill put a pic for you tonight explaining it, also the trigger needs to be a constant 24v not a momentary they use a small magnet to draw back and open so the water can get below the rubber disk and force the disk up, the instant open wouldnt be enough, also with a pipe back into the intake there would be no way to create back pressure behind the diafram to drive it open therefore even with a constantly open 24v supply there isn't enough back pressure for it to open. it wouldnt work

Mods Done:
3" zaust turbo back, EGI Manifold , Lowered, 20% tint, Japspec Stearing rack, ,intercooled, hypergear tr28kai, suede lether intereor, Electric blue repsray, 16's, koni shocks all round, whiteline sway bars, strut brace, microtech with quad bosch coils.
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

It is a constant signal to the solenoid... no idea how a momentary system would work...

Anyway, I just popped down to my local Mitre10 (Brooklyn), and they reckoned they had nothing of the sort... I might have to boot over to Heidelberg soon then.
j0of

Post by j0of »

i took some pics on my phone of how it work's, ill draw up in paint the lines it follows and you'll understand how it wont work

Mods Done:
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
txateu

Post by txateu »

I might be missing the boat abit here but why dont u just get a plumback bov? do to a wreckers and buy one off a skyline 32+ or a tx5 turbo? I have one lying around somewhere if u want to check it out...
cheers Michael,
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I liked the basic idea of an electronic BOV more than a vacuum one, especially given a normal BOV's worth more than the Jaycar kit plus what an appropriate solenoid should be worth... and I figured it'd be just plain fucken cool, especially since making a TPS is necessary, but easy. A bit of (geeky, scratchbuilt-style) snazz for little effort and less cost than usual.

And it's easier to set up, I gather, not to mention being more reliable too. It wouldn't be susceptible to vacuum leaks and other assorted diagnostic hassles associated with BOVs.

Though I've blown the value element out of the water by going and buying the wrong kind of solenoid, it'd be madness to ditch the electronics and TPS I built when it should work for another $30. The LED on the circuit comes on just when it should, so it's just a case of sourcing the damn solenoid.

/PMs j0of
digginganddirt

Post by digginganddirt »

not to metion the stelth side of things if ya get pulled over by the cops me like the idea well done :wink:
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

electric or not, if it goes

PFFFSSTTSSTTSST

the cops going to do you. recirculate and you'll have no issues

C
Last edited by Callumgw on Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

The wrong solenoid is in matt black plastic... hope the right one is too.

And yeah, the BOV's plumbed back, pointing right into the comp inlet.
txateu

Post by txateu »

hmmm, seems cool but thats alot of effort considering it SHOULD dot he same thing... but that said, if u get it working I want to have a look at it :)
cheers Michael,
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Further to ...

So I went to chuck my spare on, and it was a different brand and size...

Fuck it, I thought. I'll chuck my ET rims on, even though there's three different sizes on em...

Ah, relief from the fugly : D

Rear tyres are some budget shit @ 185/70, fronts are 65-series Bridgestones, but one's 185, and the other's 175, dammit.

Meh, it'll do for now
Last edited by Kimmo on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
etking

Post by etking »

ET rims FTW :P :P :P
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

They are a damn nice design for a factory rim. 17" ones would look tough as fuck.

Now I've gotta do a photochop... back in ten

Here:

: D
Last edited by Kimmo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.