N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

'The PANDA' *56k warning*

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Kimmo wrote:Cyclists are above the law to me.
what bollocks.
Kimmo wrote:They can do whatever they like; it's none of my business as a motorist until they get in my way... which none have.
they've certainly been in my way ....

C
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

Kimmo wrote:Cyclists are above the law to me.
They can do whatever they like; it's none of my business as a motorist until they get in my way... which none have.
If you're jealous of the freedom of cyclists, get on your bike.
where do you drive? it can't be anywhere near civilisation...
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

forget to take your medication again this morning android?
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

BennyET wrote:forget to take your medication again this morning android?
oh come on thats a bit uncalled for. his comment wasn't that bad.

C
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

there was nothing at all wrong with my comment, you're just fishing....
go away.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Actually, cyclists got in my way once in Footscray, as a splinter of Critical Mass came through one time.

I was sitting in a line of pissed-off motorists, so I got out of my car, stood on my bonnet, and yelled, 'PUSHIES FUCKEN RULE!'

Cause they do. You can dribble on about paying rego (of which not a cent goes to the roads anyway) or following the law (care factor- is your car legal?)... I couldn't give a rat's.

It's as plain as day to me the only thing you have a right to tell cyclists is to stay out of the way. Anything more is selfish whinging.

They use 10kg of material to fulfil their transport needs, and us motorists are raping our grandchildren, so STFU. And don't moan about safety, what a joke. If a cyclist doesn't manage to stay out of the way, what damage can they inflict next to a tonne and a half of hurtling steel?

Get fucken real.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

Kimmo wrote:Actually, cyclists got in my way once in Footscray, as a splinter of Critical Mass came through one time.
you live in the middle of melbourne, surely there are fuckloads of cyclists? I don't believe for one second that there aren't many and they don't get in the way. They are everywhere in brisbane and sydney, isn't melbourne larger in size?
Kimmo wrote:Cause they do. You can dribble on about paying rego (of which not a cent goes to the roads anyway) or following the law (care factor- is your car legal?)... I couldn't give a rat's.
all road users should pay rego.
why should an old bloke on a motorised scooter have to pay rego out of his pension when a cyclist on a $2000 piece of carbon fibre doesn't?

How is following the rules of the road have anything to do with legalities of a car? Running a red light and having lowered springs are a completely different thing.
Kimmo wrote:It's as plain as day to me the only thing you have a right to tell cyclists is to stay out of the way. Anything more is selfish whinging.
how is asking a road user to obey the road rules selfish whinging? It's the law and it's supposed to be followed. it's all commonsense and there for the safety of everyone.
Kimmo wrote:They use 10kg of material to fulfil their transport needs, and us motorists are raping our grandchildren, so STFU.
If you are going to get on that bandwagon ban buses first, they pollute more than personal transport. Ban cows, they pollute more than all transport. Ban lawnmowing, do you know how bad that is for the environment? look it up...
Kimmo wrote:And don't moan about safety, what a joke. If a cyclist doesn't manage to stay out of the way, what damage can they inflict next to a tonne and a half of hurtling steel?
I think you are forgetting about the safety of the cyclist here.....
but lets talk about other road users...
what about a body/bike coming through your windscreen?
what about a shard of bike impaling a pedestrian?

All i'm saying is that if there is a bike lane USE IT
if it's safer to go on the footpath USE IT
if you are approaching a narrow, 3km long bridge with one lane each way of traffic and there is a seperate bridge that cyclists can use USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN

kimmo, you are forgetting the kind of forum you are on.
a car forum dude......... not a bike forum........
if you want to get chummy with the lycra brigade then i'm sure there are plenty of other forums full of other pretentious fuckwits where you will feel right at home...

Get fucken real.[/quote]
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Callumgw wrote:

C
look ^^^, it always leads to this shit. it's obvious he was the one 'fishing' for more to babble on about. far too opinionated, i don't get how everything can rub him up so bad? must watch too much oprah maybe
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

BennyET wrote:
Callumgw wrote:

C
look ^^^, it always leads to this shit. it's obvious he was the one 'fishing' for more to babble on about. far too opinionated, i don't get how everything can rub him up so bad? must watch too much oprah maybe
forums are all about opinions, if you don't like opinions then why are you here?
what comment in particular do you disagree with? Or are you simply upset because i was able to comment?
Did you read the post at all before discrediting it?
Or maybe you're a cyclist too?

oprah huh? sorry buddy but i work for a living.... no daytime television for me..
Last edited by Android 360 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

BennyET wrote:
Callumgw wrote:

C
I hear you but lets be fair, the response was not abusive or was the reply given above. No worse than rants from many of us.

C
Last edited by Callumgw on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
congers87@hotmail.com

Post by congers87@hotmail.com »

I'll use a bike trail when Ruddy Forks out and fixes the things. Riding my racer to uni is a headfuck on the bike paths due to the cracks, gum nuts and old biddies walking. Guaranteed puncture. Hence the use of the side of the highway.

I love it how I can get no hits for a question on Haltechs yet were happy to dribble this bullshit thats just get everyone arked up. WTF

Chris
Mortein kills 99% of household bugs. Chuck Norris kills 100% of whatever the fuck he likes.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

congers87@hotmail.com wrote:I'll use a bike trail when Ruddy Forks out and fixes the things. Riding my racer to uni is a headfuck on the bike paths due to the cracks, gum nuts and old biddies walking. Guaranteed puncture. Hence the use of the side of the highway.

I love it how I can get no hits for a question on Haltechs yet were happy to dribble this bullshit thats just get everyone arked up. WTF

Chris
Get tyres to suit what you're using the bike for maybe?
I don't use slicks on the road because they are unsuitable
Same goes with race tyres on a bike.

As for the haltech you'll find that most people here don't know enough about it to comment. I don't so i'm not going to pretend.... it wouldn't be fair on you and it would be a waste of my time. But with topics like this, everyone has something to say.

If everything was always about n12's on this forum is would be dead as and extremely boring.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Android 360 wrote:
BennyET wrote:
Callumgw wrote: oh come on thats a bit uncalled for. his comment wasn't that bad.

C
forums are all about opinions, if you don't like opinions then why are you here?
what comment in particular do you disagree with? Or are you simply upset because i was able to comment?
Did you read the post at all before discrediting it?
Or maybe you're a cyclist too?

oprah huh? sorry buddy but i work for a living.... no daytime television for me..
predicatable. you need a new direction for your material, not nearly as funny as previous weeks
congers87@hotmail.com

Post by congers87@hotmail.com »

The tires I use are fine for the road. Just the standard tyre. Whatever tyre you could fit on my bike would not remedy the imperfections of the bike tracks, plus they never run parallel to the roads you want to use so they always take longer. Haven't had any probs with drivers and only hear bout the occasional person going tits up. So I aint complaining about using the roads and I haven't been a cunt getting in the way of drivers. i.e. the cafe racers who go 2-3 people wide chating on the left hand side lane. That is fucked. My experience anyway.

Agreed that the site does need input other than N12 based topics, otherwise yes the site might die in the ass.

Chris
Mortein kills 99% of household bugs. Chuck Norris kills 100% of whatever the fuck he likes.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

riding 2 wide is legal here(not that I do it unless we can both fit in the bike lane. Sometimes riding down the centre of a lane is safer than sticking the the edges such as in the centre of town(here as i dont ride anywhere but tassie I cannot comment) even if the footpath is safer I doubt I would ride on it as it will incur a $50 fine no amount of arguing with a police officer will fix that.

Hey i can do what i want in my thread I will continue to dribble shit everywhere I go for as long as I like lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com