N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Langley84's N12 - Blown head gasket.. pics page 10!

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

ok i have just about finished the boot install.. just gotta secure it and cover itin carpet and make a new floor panel...what u guys think?? ok pics wont upload so ill try again tomorrow... see you guys soon.. and someone take me and my missus on the S.A cruise :P

What my plans are for the pulsar.. maybe a darker green tho and better rims
LonerET

Post by LonerET »

Rohan 84ET wrote:thats crazy, its a good job, just so not worth it, how much can you pick up one of those old N/A pulsars for?

$500 ?

with that money, as stated before, you could be driving an ET, and your sis could have another immaculate old N/A pulsar.

ah well, i guess it was out of your hands.
looks good tho ;)
yeah...n/a pulsar......$350, picked 1 up the other day! mint!
Yeah i bought a FORD!
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

Well its ben a while.. umm nearly a year.. and the car has been in and out of the mechanics with things screwin up.. just recently the immobiliser blew and i had to yank that out cos the useless mechanics who had the car from 3 months couldn't figure it out.. so i yanked the thing out.. and also the coil was shorting out.. but other than that.. the car is all running.. just not running well.. went for drive this morning and the car started bogging down at 80.. then it went down to 60 then 40 and i couldnt get the car to go faster than 40km/h then when going downhill got it back to 60 but that was it.. crappy 1.3L engine.. lookin into a E15 N/A or ET ET would be best.. but depends on the budget.. anyways.. thats all from me for now :D

PSYCHOTIC ANGEL

Post by PSYCHOTIC ANGEL »

thats your sister ?

i talk to her on pga lol,she never told me she had a 1.3 know wounder she called me a hoon when i had my 1.5 bored out to a 1.6 lol,tho the astra did 150 before i got the motor rebuilt lol it would blow smoke it cooked,smoked all the way to 150 then i slowed down cos it was shakey lol.
yea my rear bit inbeween the lights sad langey an its gota badge on the front to lol :lol:
Psychotic angel
PSYCHOTIC ANGEL

you cant put r31 tail lights on that those lights are sxc lol if u saw my astra that needs the hot plate tail lights lol an yep they bolted strate in my m8z mum gota skyline lol,oh i think we had 2 make a new hole or to,but i want the tail lights and garnish hate the astras rear wish it looked like the pulsar its sxc lol nice repaires makes me wanna get my white 1 fixed up sooner lol
Psychotic angel
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

Hey psychotic.. what is pga? lol and i dunno what ur talkin bout do i have a pic of my sister in this thread still? i thought she took it down LOL

Anyway... Update time

Last night on my way home from work radiator blew and withing 30 seconds the radiator emptied, engine overheated and headgasket blew...

i have started striping engine down to replace head gasket.. but am usure as to whether or not it is actually leaking that bad.. it leaks more out of the engine rather than in it as the oil looks fine.. and i think it leaks into the cylinders too so blows a bit of white smoke.. any idea what i can use to fix without rippin off the head? i dont wanna do too much work as in 2 months time the car will be off the road to have a E15ET installed, metallic green paint job and white leather interior... i have recently installed a Cold air induction kit for it (this is a carby) and had a 2" lukey system put on.. car absolutely roars its a competition between the carby and the exhaust system lol lovei t really startin to turn heads now :D

anyways pics!

Image rocker cover, CAI, radiator, Thermostat removed and exhaust manifold detached

Image Cold Air Induction, Just sittin on so u can see it

ImageRocker cover with breather attached masked up was going to anodize it green but ran out of green anodize... damn! what a small arse engine

Image New exhaust system.. when E15ET goes in whill be replaced with a dual 2.5" Cannon setup (One out each side)

Image The oil.. never had a blown head gasket before.. is this what the oil would look like? its not really brown thats just the camera.. its actually very thick and very black!

PSYCHOTIC ANGEL

pga= pulsar group australia.

hey with the cold air intake what did u do with all the emmions crap,i wanted to put one on mine but it didnt run right cos it didnt have the lil thingys hooked up lol
Psychotic angel
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

emissions crap? hon, its an 84 there are no emissions things.. not even a catalitic convertor :D

is urs carby?

PSYCHOTIC ANGEL

yep mines carby,i mean they hook up to the air box thingy undernearth the carby ?
Psychotic angel
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

nah u dont need that crap.. only important thing is the breather pipe.. which i reccomend u get a performance oil breather from ur nearest automotive store.. they are small and grey with chrome bits washable.. very good..

the other brands tend to have too big of a whole and they break really easy.. performance one has a very small hole but stretches over the PCV pipe really easily

PSYCHOTIC ANGEL

can they defect me for not having it all hooked up,mine didnt seem to run right with out it all? maybe its just mine lol,doesnt it suck in hot ait from the motor? have you thort about puting on a bonnet scoop an cuting holes in ya bonnet as long as you dont cut the strength things its legal
Psychotic angel
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

yes will be doin the scoop.. usesalot of fuel but runs nicely... just need to adjust th carby to not use so much fuel as its trying to compensate for the 2000% extra air its getting so runnin really rich
the air flow is so much better with the cai and zorst tho

BennyET

Post by BennyET »

i was shown how to do this years ago when i had my first car. too long ago to remember, anyways i used a multimeter (cant remember which setting) and you adjust the mixture screws on the carb while watching the reading.

only thing was, the main screw i needed to adjust had a sheath over it which i needed to cut off before i could turn it! but was worthwhile exercise
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

cool.. ill just put up with the excess fuel flow.. will be fuel injected turbo soon anyways vrrrrrrrom PUTSHHHHHHH

Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

Project Pulsar is Officially on PAUSE! the engine is completely rooted! the gasket blew in a way that the water flowed into the cylinders flooding the engine! sooo it gonna need a new gasket.. and im WAY too lazy to rip the engine apart.. so every now n then wheni get a nice day i will rip the engine out a lil more.. when engine is out will repaint car! :P and then still tossin up between an E15ET or an SR20DET.. will be one or the other.. if need be may even end up bein a CA18DET.. but we will see! until then i am the proud owner of a EF Falcon GLi :) 157Kw 357nm Torque :) FUN :D