N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Rohan's 1984 NISSAN PULSAR ET (Very Pix, Many)

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Rohan 84ET wrote:Oh and yeah i swapped my 16inch nissan skyline R32gtst rims for my mates 17inch Avanti racing rims, five spoke. They do have gutter rash fair bad tho so thinkin about sandini them smooth and either spraying them white my self or getting them powder coated professionally.
I'm not sure, but I think there's this epoxy bog you can get that's chock-full of aluminium dust... it might be conductive enough to be powder-coated...

I'd definitely want my rims powder-coated rather than painted... heaps tougher.
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

i guess of you spray em your self its most likely just gonna chip off, and flake. no good.

hey BENTAXEL, where did you get yours done? super steve???
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
BenTAxeL

Post by BenTAxeL »

nah i bought mine like that supersteve might be able to paint them up for you cheap though
www.sinit.com.au
If you haven't seen it, You ain't SiNiT
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

i get soccer/rugby/sports etc goals powder coated (i sell sporting goods) and the shit always scratches/chips, marks easy. maybe they use different paint for cars wheels? i thought about getting it done but my experience with it turned me off... sorry :P
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I used to work at a mob that made yacht masts and flagpoles, and we had heaps of stuff powder-coated.

Done properly, it's just about the toughest paint finish going.

Pretty sure we didn't complete the anodising process for stuff meant to be powder-coated; the last stage involved soaking in some stuff that sealed up all the porosity. Perhaps the parts should be left in caustic soda a while if they're already anodized... though you'd prolly need to seal all critical surfaces first; caustic soda's a good way to lighten aluminium parts ; )
BenTAxeL

Post by BenTAxeL »

Kimmo wrote:caustic soda's a good way to lighten aluminium parts ; )
dont you mean dissolve? oh the fun i used to have with coke cans :)
www.sinit.com.au
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

so i guess my next bet is looking at places to have my 17"s powder coated.i hope it isnt gonna cost an arm and a leg. hey ben does yours have any chips? or was it a tough bastard of a paint?

SAVE ME JEBAS!
BenTAxeL

Post by BenTAxeL »

from what i remember mine are great i dunno if they are powder coated i just assumed they were i know the nuts didnt like having paint on them that didnt last long if the budget is a problem just get them sprayed wouldn't cost much depending who you use
www.sinit.com.au
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

just ring up a local spray painter and ask i guess. they would need to be sanded smooth, prepped, and sprayed white, possibly with some pearl in it? i will see whats available. but a 2 stage pearl blue car with white pearl rims, and a hybrid GT gold cooler hangin on the front . . . . i smell something burning yo! HOT :) haha

SAVE ME JEBAS!
SiniT

Post by SiniT »

forget the white wheels Rohan ... go GOLD mate ! ! !

i can put you onto a guy who may be able to anodize your rims mate ... he done the cooler ... :D
If you haven't seen it , you ain't SiNiT ! !
http://www.sinit.com.au/
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

hey yeah, i know gold would look alright, but i dont want it to be bling, besided blue with white looks really clean and nice. always loved it. thats why i like ETking's ride so much.

oh i just took my Hybrid cooler to the crash repairers, and now the total cost has gone from about $3800, to i reckon about $4,500-$5000

i am gonna follow the article made my BQ.05.TD, except my front skirt will remain as much as possible intact, i wont retain a grill, it will just be the hybrid cooler, and the bumper will be cut, and a custom nudge bar set accross. this was his plan. i dont know how the fuck you guys fit 600 large coolers on there, there is fuck all room. the radiator is about 10 times too big for the car! haha. bloody lucky exa owners.

i am thinking about spraying in black, medium sized, a "HYBRID GT" logo on the face of the cooler, to give it some distinction.

let me know what ya think ;)

SAVE ME JEBAS!
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

sounds like fun should look trick
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

hopefully, i will get up pics as soon as its done, tho the way its going, it wont be done for a good month yet. so dont hold that SA cruise anytime soon boys! or if you do, i will just come in my mates rex. ;)

cheers 4 the reply panda. :)

SAVE ME JEBAS!
KILNIT

Post by KILNIT »

Rohan 84ET wrote:hopefully, i will get up pics as soon as its done, tho the way its going, it wont be done for a good month yet. so dont hold that SA cruise anytime soon boys! or if you do, i will just come in my mates rex. ;)

cheers 4 the reply panda. :)
Wont be on yet mate. No ones cars are ready..LOL
new project to start some time this year
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

awesome. well if you are the new owner of lukes ET by then, make sure ya take him along. ;)

SAVE ME JEBAS!