N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

WACKO (Sam)

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
WACKO

WACKO (Sam)

Post by WACKO »

Name: Sam pillow
long time listener, first time caller.

greetings all. just thought id introduce myself.

i had a 86 pulsar but sold it about 3yrs ago, 1.3, carby and after blowing the gearbox dad decided to help me fix it so i could learn sumthing. well.... after a year of changing my mind many times i finally drove it out of the garage. i did a complete rebuild. resprayed it orange, t25 turbo, 2.25 exhaust, complete langly turbo interior. front panels were langly aswell. i drove it for about 2 years and after going through 2 boxes, 2 clutchs, i sold it when i blew the motor. but thats what you get running around on 12psi with no intercooler. :lol: i always had a soft spot for them ever since. well a few mths ago a mtr came up on trademe, with a rebuilt head port and polish, fresh block, shot peened this and balenced that. all it needed was pistons and a rebuild kit. i snaped that up! worry bout a car to put it in later.

future plans? put the motor together and put it in a car. i plan to get forged pistons for it, and want to mate up quad throttle bodys from a 4age. t28 from a gtir, big intercooler, link etc. i want sumthing a bit differant.

but this will all happen between my rx7 and 4wding.

cheers and hello.
Sam
p.s. sorry for not following the template but as i dont even have the car yet it was going to have a lot of blank spaces.
doozy

Post by doozy »

yo sam,
remember me im the guy who bought the Langley off you. Like yourself I have always had a soft spot the n12turbos ever since I sold it. Last month I sold my wrx and on Monday I bought myself an original 4 door ET. The guy I bought it off still has heaps and heaps of parts if you need any I can give you his number.
WACKO

Post by WACKO »

haha.. hey man. you got any picks of our old car? i shouldnt need any parts just yet. untill i get a shell anyway. ive either got all the engine bits or am using new stuff thats not original fitment anyway. whats your plans for the et?
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Hi Sam. How are ya? Remember me? I bought the Jap Inlet Manifold off you after it finished on Trade Me.
WACKO

Post by WACKO »

yip i remember you. was wondering if id find you on here. couldnt remember your name or find the emails tho. how did it go? did you get it going?
doozy

Post by doozy »

WACKO wrote:haha.. hey man. you got any picks of our old car? i shouldnt need any parts just yet. untill i get a shell anyway. ive either got all the engine bits or am using new stuff thats not original fitment anyway. whats your plans for the et?
Yea man I got some pics, I just beboed you they are on my page. My plans for the ET, well I think I will do the t25g turbo, intercooler, ECU upgrade and sort out a paint job for it firstly. Im trying to track down that langley turbo interior, real hard to find. Ive always regreted selling the langely, lol you prob feel the same
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Yeah Sam. It's all good. :)
WACKO

Post by WACKO »

mint. glad to hear.
WACKO

Post by WACKO »

I BROUGHT ANOTHER!!!!

:lol: so im lurking again.....
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Nice work!
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
WACKO

Post by WACKO »

so ive brought a second..... :lol:

Doozy got a job on a cruise ship and so his ET came up for sale. the body is in better shape than the one i got recently, and it already has an exhaust and intercooler, red top engine and is lowered.
i have to say the ET looks better than the langley aswell. im going to hold onto the langley for now aswell as i is dead stock so its going to a mates paddock to get covered and stored untill i decide if i should save it or not.

but heres a pick of the pair..

next up is to get the ET road legal, then start on the brake up grade and get an engineer friend to look at a bellhousing conversion on an sr18 LSD gearbox.
also wanting to sort out coilovers allround on it.

thanks, Sam
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Was looking at this ET on trademe and dreaming... Good to see it's gone to someone one here!