N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Tassuperkarts GX Turbo (Updated again!)

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Hey Glenn (renegade)
I think Ive met my match with Ben Hewittson.....he's very very good!

L8tr
E
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Ha ha ha, I just read his posts on coilovers & posts and thought:
"we should lock these 2 in a room together, imagine what they could invent!"

:wink:
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

hahaha.. thanks guys.. yeah i'mplanning to be the first person to complete a working E15ETT.... should have something together this month.. or early next month... i'm sick of no boost below 3500rpm..
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Lag just adds to the boost effect:) Hard lag followed by hard boost just makes it seem all the better :P
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

I like the way the Kiwi thinks!!!!!
L8tr
E
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I've always had a hankering to supercharge mine.
But when the T2 on my old one died I stumbled on a dirt cheap reco'd T2 that I couldn't pass up.
And the new one has a T25G.
But once that dies........ :twisted:
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Update on the car.
My CV's have been clattering with death rattles in U turns for many years and I had a very stuffed wheel bearing in the front that required attention.

I ratted all the suspension bits out of the parts car i bought along with the driveshafts and brake hubs/disks

The front struts out of the donor car are very hard but appear stock externally???? Very heavy extension damping in particular.
Curiously, one is branded Armstrong and the other is Monro-Wylie.

\Neway, mine were very light and the car was pretty wishwashy so I changed them over along with the driveshafts and the disk/hub assemblies.
The struts had very dodgey cut down springs so off with those. My my, isnt getting those top strut shaft nuts off a challenge! Of course the strut shaft just spins around.
In the end, I took to the nuts with a blue tongued spanner and gave them the berries and then used a breaker bar and a friendly hammer to ruin their day....I win!

One handy item I dont have was a pair of spring compressors....sheesh, that made the job of assembling the stock springs onto the struts a challenge!
I never needed 'em on my old Capri.
Im a cunning old fuck and used a big vise and a trolley jack underneath to compress the struts...voila!
Anyway, frontend all back together and I even found an old set of disk pads in a pair of calipers I scored a while back laying about with lots of meat that scrubbed up on the concrete floor just fine!!!!!! Heheheheh! Slack bastard eh?
The rear shocks on the donor car turned out to be Pedders gas shocks so out with them and the stock clobber and on with the Pedders.

A quick test run revealed a really tight and controlled ride at both ends and really well matched end for end as well! Surprisingly so! I tended to think it might be a bit harsh with all that rebound damping not its not that bad.

I think a decent set of springs at each end and some lower profile tyres would settle the car down quite well now without altering its balance.
Its a nice and friendly car to bang around right now, responds well to throttle and brake input and I think dropping it about 1.5" at each end with some slightly stiffer springs, I reckon about 20% will do the job nicely.

Not interested in altering the bars just yet. Too stiff makes 'em rely too heavily on tyre grip and reduces mechanical grip which is hard on tyres and tends to make the car a little flighty and likely to snap out at either end.

Dun forget, wifeys car, gotta add things one at a time LOL.

L8tr all
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

I got the shits with those nuts on the top of the strut shafts too so I bought a rattle gun. Problem solvered. I also didn't have spring compressors that worked any good so I put the struts in place and jacked the suspension up underneath them and then put the nuts on when they were jacked into place.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Further Update

Post by tassuperkart »

I removed the T2 and fitted up the T25.
Nice turbo.
Some observations.

A lot more responsive than the T25g, but less so than the T2 (of course) and just the ticket for a round-town-clown banger that has a big heart.

The engine feels very strong right thru the rev range and does not seem to "run out of puff" up high as it did with the T2.

Turbo outlet temps are very high, well over 100 deg.C for low boost...this surprises me greatly!
Intercooler here we come!

Nice and quite turbo tho. A lot less whooshing roar coming from the pod filter than the T2

Overall Im happy with the result.
I reckon about 10 to 12psi will be good and keep wifey happy!
Cooler first tho!
L8tr
E
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

ham was cured of all the pathenogenic bacteria it carried before it was cured. whats the mystery there?!?!??!
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

dude, ^^what you just wrote is a real mystery to me! what the F#%K :?
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

shit i duno its uni shit n im a bit drunk. go to bed anyway its late fuck!!!
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

hahaha..you tripper! :lol: i think we both need some sleep!

*EDIT* i now see what your on about, Evans sig. your still a tripper though :lol:
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

ROFLMAO
What a pair of snoozer units!
L8tr
E
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

i think once you get past all the systemic anomylies inherent in the making of the N12 turbo then you can start to build the one. concordantly you could sell it and buy a new car but its better to rebuild the one you love.. i have no idea what i'm saying, i thought it would just make me sound cool..
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.