N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Tassuperkarts GX Turbo (Updated again!)

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Tassuperkarts GX Turbo (Updated again!)

Post by tassuperkart »

Name: Evan
Year/ Model: Pulsar GX 1985
Colour: (was) Red
Period of ownership: 5 years

Performance: Adequate

Engine Mods:
Entire stock engine rebuild to new with Hypertek pistons.
Lightened turbo flywheel
Rebuilt gearbo with N13 shafts and gears and 4.1:1 diff
Turbo: a T28/TDo4 hybrid
Custom stainless steel tube headers extra low mount
Custom 3" stainless mandrell bend dump reducing to a 2.5" system with single straight thru muffler.
Adaptronic 420c programmeable ECU
Huyndai 2 x dual output and Bosch 200 trigger EDIS.
Turborush foam pod air filter (wifey likes the intake noise)
Turbosmart Type 1 Bov
Stock ET radiator
Log removed (wifey says "what log?")
F1 racing Components Stage 3 six segment brass button sprung centered 200mm clutch
600 x 300 x 76 FMIC
Nissan EGI inlet plenum
Ported head and matched manifolds/inlet runners
Stage 2 cam

Interior Mods:
Ahhhhhmm.... wellll not really unless you count the "custom" routing of the ECU wiring and ecu which is sitting on the passengers side floor.
The position of the ECU varies depending on the roughness of the road
Custom siting of Microtech tuning hand piece (under drivers seat.....mostly, sometimes comes out and gets under under drivers feet)

Exterior Mods:
Too numerous to list but including (but not limited to) carpark dents, stone chips and scratches and badly crazed and faded paint.
Oh yes, rattle can matt black enamel "Panda" bonnet

Wheels:

16 x 6 Holotype R alloys with 205 x 45 x 6" Goodride SA-05

Brakes:
Mitsubishi EVO 4 280mm disks and calipers on front
Nissan R31 265mm disks and calipers on rear
Atmo GX master cylinder.

Suspension:
Koni gas adjustable front struts and low King springs
Koni gas adjustable rear shocks with low King springs
Stock swaybars

Other:
Et fuel tank and internal fuel pump
N13 front bar

Future Plans: Always planning.
1st up will be the routing of the ECU wiring loom and mounting behind the dash of the ECU itself which has been in the advanced planning stage for at least 2 years. [UPDATE] ECU looming has been done!
Microtech MT-8 ecu and hyundai twin output coils (wasted spark) to go in and replace the EMS Ti-3 once I have finally completed the new wiring harness for it... Done.
Build an ET gearbox with a 4.1 N13 diff along with a decent ET 200mm clutch and much lightened ET flywheel [UPDATE] N12/13 hybrid box on its way. Done.
[UPDATE] All fitted
Recently scored an "EGI" type inlet manifold setup so thats going on fairly soon. [UPDATE] Fitted
Bosch 036 injectors
Nissan navara v6 fuel pump.

Pics: Image

Heres a pix of the custom ECU wiring loomImage
And here is a pix of the ECU mounting system (top secret)Image
Last edited by tassuperkart on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

Dude. Sleeper..!! awesome..

whats the deal with the EMS..? would it not have been cheaper to run the ET computer..? or have you got some tricks up your sleeve..?
hows the tunability..

cheers.?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ben, hehehehe yes it has surprised quite a few punters!

Umm, the EMS is a standalone fully programmeable fuel and ignition ECU the would be roughly equivalent to a Microtech MT-8 in capability and price when bought.
I bought it from a dude who belongs to the older Yahoo list straight off his ET.

This Ti-3 is a basic spec ECU and sadly, it only has the single ignition output which prevents me from running twin coil wasted spark ignition.
I can have the motherboard modified for multiple coils and extra aux in and outputs but the cost is just too high and EMS themselves didnt really reccommend it due to the cost of modidying it and the relative age of the ECU.

Its an excellent ECU, responds to adjustments very easily and the car performs very well but the tuning interface is quite different to the Microtech and does take a while to get your head around.

My FJ20et powered ute runs a 4 coil MT-8 and in the interest of compatability, I got another MT-8 Microtech for the E15 a little while ago.
I have made up a new loom for it out of the original ET loom.
I will be running a pair of twin output Hyundai Excell coils (wasted spark) on that setup with a dual in/output Bosch trigger.

The EMS system will become a spare system and that is earmarked for my playtoy turbocharged 1600 VW engine I am currently building for the F-Vee.
Im on the lookout for a Type 3 VW EFI system which many dudes seem to remove in favour of frikken carbies would you believe!!

L8tr
E
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Evan,

You have some excellent projects on the go!

You have fantastic roads to test it out on too, unlike to concrete jungle here! I didn't know flat 4 VW came out injected? Clearly they are hard to get? There are several off-road buggy guys over here that use the E15ET engine in them. They also dump the injection, for use of a carby because of the relative 'cost' of an aftermarket computer. This doesn't make any sense to me, have seen the cost of 45mm sidedraft webbers lately?!! Double the price of MT8 or Wolf!

Silly.

Darren.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Go the Langley! :P
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

photoglossy wrote:Go the Langley! :P
we dont have langleys :( we only got 4 door pullstarts :(

hmm get the feeling i have seen this car before :) what kinda ute do u have the fj in the lux behind? When u comin to symmons next i may have to meet up with you :)

matt
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Dude... That is a langley... Or at least the complete langley front on a regular 4 door pulsar:p

Any shots of the rear just to be sure?
Last edited by photoglossy on Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Hey lads
Timmzy, yer always something in the works down here in the Huon Valley of love!
As you can probably tell, I simply love turbocharging stuff and doing it on a budget makes it all the more fun! Its a freakin disease!

Matt, perhaps you have dude. we get around a bit howevere there is another cruddy atmo GL running around with the Panda bonnet.

Next Symmons Plains Event is scheduled for September 17. M8, come on down and say howdy! I always like to place a face to a name!
You cant miss my F-Vee, its rather obvious amongst the other clobber. #97

The FJ powered ute is a white 1987 2wd Hi-Lux. Nothing about it stands out of the ordinary tho. Rides on 7" Sunraysias. Same as a million other 'Luxes 'cept for the engine sound! You cant miss an FJ20et being trodden on, with all that glorious FJ engine mechanical sound, tappets tappetting, inlet roar and blah along with the obligatory "pssshhtt" on gearchanges LMAO!!!
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

I agree. an Fj20'd 200b flew past me the other day in Adelaide and you could hear it comming a mile off. i almost ran off the road when i heard it as i looked around to find the FJ... the guy pulled some boost right in my window too.. wasn't all that fat but you could tell it was an FJ... nothing sounds like the throughty roar you get from an FJ.. its like a herd of elephants on ecstacy stuck in the mud.. No L20b's, SR20DET's, CA18DET's or anything sould as good as FJ..
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

photoglossy wrote:Dude... That is a langley... Or at least the complete langley front on a regular 4 door pulsar:p

Any shots of the rear just to be sure?
i can gaurantee u its not a langley lol its a series 2 N12 pulsar(s1 is like the Et and s2 is the small light version ) they have those headlights and the small tail lights same as langley and ull find we had the holden astra which had all the milano front end and tail lights a well :) but we never got the langleyor milano and there only a few in aus that were imported.

yeh for sure ill do my best to be there like you said its good to put a face to the name as ive seen u on n12 since i started :)

matt
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Sure M8, thatd be very cewl.

L8tr
E
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ben Hewitson wrote:.......................but you could tell it was an FJ... nothing sounds like the throughty roar you get from an FJ.. its like a herd of elephants on ecstacy stuck in the mud.. .....

Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha....................Gold!
Thats the best fucking description I have ever read of an FJ..............ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ur a legend Ben!

L8tr
E
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

why, thank-you.

Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

lol only one other thing sounds as good as a nissan and thats a rotor :) my mates L24e powered skyline may be out at the track man thats tuff as shit :)
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Panda_ET wrote:lol only one other thing sounds as good as a nissan and thats a rotor :)
Hallelujah Brother!!!!