N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Mikes Exa - NZ

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

how much do the N12 exa panels weigh. I have considered carbon gaurds for teh ET but worked out they woulda been very damned close to the same weight, not worth the $$$
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Android 360 wrote:as i said over msn, a heavily modded e15et may sound cool but its way more unreliable than a mildly modded ca18det and way more expensive.
ooohh, don't i know that!!! bloody things! and it's always something stupid that stuffs up! :D a real patience tester thats for sure! :wink: :evil: :twisted: :D
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Panda_ET wrote:how much do the N12 exa panels weigh. I have considered carbon gaurds for teh ET but worked out they woulda been very damned close to the same weight, not worth the $$$
Well... we have been tolf that carbon guards will weigh 100-200grams! (for out wide ET design) so probably save a kg or 2...

Bonnet my save 5kg... boot maybe 3kg...
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

As my dear old Nan used to say:

"Every little bit helps said the monkey as he pee'd of the precipice into the sea....."
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

ahh forgot you were going wide body lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

It seems to be coming along nicely.

Heres a idea for you, if you really want to save weight how about you make the whole front end of one panel of carbon fibre, that it held down with bonnet pins?
[center]
1 year on since the Exa Turbo and now I am driving a modded Daihatsu Cuore with 1 less cylinder but 4 more valves!
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

that is the plan :) Altho... i may still wanna give it a thrash on the road now and then, so may look at keepin it roadworthy
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Finally took the 4wd engine out of the donor car today!

Now we just need to flip the donor car on its roof and remove all the bits and pieces ill need for the conversion into my Exa! Thinking its gonna have to be a full custom rear end to incorporate the N13 suspension.

So after that car is stripped clean of all the parts i need and sent to scrap i can get into looking at taking the RRC engine out of the Exa, bolting up this Engine with a big turbo etc and it should pull some pretty mean times whether drag or circuit. High Compression Turbo 4WD :)

Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

it's taking too long :P
hurry up birthday boi!!
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
agecage

Post by agecage »

Its just another project. Like we havnt got enuff. Lmao. Lots to do for the nxt few years.
N12 Exa turbo
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Looks interesting. But why not use the E15ET and just modify the 4WD N/A gearbox to fit with ET gearbox internals, swap whatever is necessary to make the N/A box fit the E15ET engine, etc. ? You can use some of the N/A engine's parts as spare parts for the E15ET anyway.

Good luck with the 4WD project, I hope all goes well!
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
agecage

Post by agecage »

We want to use the N/A engine. Just for ease. The gear box should bonlt onto a e15et no probs i doubt there will be any thing to modify. The turbo internals might be a good idea but ive got a feeling there is a total different gear set for the 4wd. ALso we going 2 use the high comp engine so we can make more power! :lol: :lol:
Who cares if we blow it up just as long as we dont pop the engine.
N12 Exa turbo
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

OK. It was just a thought. I wouldn't do any racing with the N/A gearbox without reinforcing it anyway. Especially considering you have a 4WD one which is rather rare.

Actually, you can't just bolt the N/A gearbox onto an E15ET. You would first have to replace the flywheel since the E15ET uses a differently sized one. The N/A starter would not work with the E15ET flywheel. And the ET starter does not fit a N/A gearbox.
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Yep, just for the 'bolt in' factor. I figure that the engine has been goof for the last 20 years, why would it blow now? (bo9st perhaps... maybe i just answered my own question!) But if i throw a rod or something, boohoo, i have more blocks lying around.

I guess you could say that im looking at this engine as a test engine. Leaving everything internal untouched ill see what it can do. Then once i get sick of it, or blow it up, ill then use one of my turbo blocks along with shot peened NA rods and my ACL's and possibly a 1600 crank as a basis for the real thing.
Android 360 wrote:it's taking too long :P
hurry up birthday boi!!
Its gonna be a long time Joel. Try cutting up the whole floor pan of your car, laying a drive tunnel, along with all mounts for the box, the collars for the drive shaft, and then fitting the entire N13 rear ind in... its an insanely huge task!